Report: Seahawks management not happy with Wilson

Rat

Reaction score
Both sides have a legitimate beef, IMO. These things are bound to happen in any long-term relationship. I suspect they'll hug it out.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Yeah the management is probably thinking: Boy what possibilities could have been with Josh Allen and his team-friendly rookie contract...

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3faceih7 said:
Yep another RW thread..this time its the team not happy with him. Where there is smoke is there fire??

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... nHXUkERvjg
I am loving this drama!

Things need to be shaken up!

Either Wilson goes or Carroll goes!

Wilson is no longer this media darling, “Go Hawks!” tow the company line QB!

I wanted to see some conviction out of him and now he’s challenging the Seattle front office.

Balls in Seattle’s FO’s court.

Let’s see where this goes!

MrThortan

Reaction score
I know we can't post the entire contents of articles, but this basically the meat of the situation:

“A source told me that the Seahawks’ management is not happy with Russell Wilson and his camp for taking this to the media,” Patrick said. “You wonder if they’re going to be able to co-exist. . . . The current situation is not sustainable. That’s what I was told."

Not a whole lot to go on there. Makes me think of an obedient honor roll student who finally stands up to their parents.

Torc

Reaction score
I get sick of "Russell's camp", "a source", "Seahawks management".

Makes me wonder if Pete and Russ are sitting down and laughing about how they're playing the media.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Nobody should care what Seahawk management thinks about this.

Their job and only goal should be doing whatever Wilson wants.

He is responsible for most of our wins.

He has bailed this team out of terrible games multiple times. Sure he threw a few INTs that lost some. But he drove more wins than he ever lost.

And Carroll is turning into a latter day Jeff Fisher if he drives Wilson off.

Carroll needs to bend the knee and shut up. There should be NOTHING from management about this situation except how they are moving to make Wilson happy.

Wilson is much more important than Carroll right now. Carroll is just an aging has-been that has been riding Wilson's coattails for some time since he lost his LOB. He is a glorified cheerleader. Great motivator but is that worth losing our best QB ever?

Wilson is the priority period.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1refgr3u said:
Nobody should care what Seahawk management thinks about this.

Their job and only goal should be doing whatever Wilson wants.

He is responsible for most of our wins.

He has bailed this team out of terrible games multiple times. Sure he threw a few INTs that lost some. But he drove more wins than he ever lost.

And Carroll is turning into a latter day Jeff Fisher if he drives Wilson off.

Carroll needs to bend the knee and shut up. There should be NOTHING from management about this situation except how they are moving to make Wilson happy.

Wilson is much more important than Carroll right now. Carroll is just an aging has-been that has been riding Wilson's coattails for some time since he lost his LOB. He is a glorified cheerleader. Great motivator but is that worth losing our best QB ever?

Wilson is the priority period.
I agree, but he (Carroll) probably feels otherwise.

This may come down to Jody Allen’s decision.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure Jody is an involved owner. Who knows what happens behind the scenes though.

What I do know is that if Carroll drives off Wilson, he destroys his legacy here.

He will be remembered more for driving Wilson off and squandering a HOF QB than for the SB he won.

That would be sad.

He is already more known for the worst call in SB history instead of one of the most dominant SB teams in NFL history.

I really wish he would get over himself.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Let us all remember back to the many BS stories from "sources" during both of RW's contract negotiation periods. Then let us all look at this through an informed filter.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The sky is falling!!

Seriously though, I can see both sides here.
But I'm still going to stick to my guns that Wilson should've kept this in house.

All he did was infuriate the team and his teammates

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Jerhawk":17950gwb said:
The sky is falling!!

But I'm still going to stick to my guns that Wilson should've kept this in house.

I'm not convinced Wilson is as good as he thinks he is. I'm not married to him (as a seattle fan). I'm ok with him moving to greener pastures and trying to prove he's as good as he thinks he is

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Peyton Manning called out his O Line in a post game presser. I seriously doubt the Colts fans were calling for his head. Rodgers has been voicing his opinion for years, I doubt the Packers fans are calling for his head.
Watson is demanding to be traded, I seriously doubt Houston fans want him gone.
Should Russ and his Agent kept it in house? Sure. But my god this has been blown out of proportion.
I'm glad he spoke up, he's not wrong. Maybe the Hawks management should stop being so sensitive and get some GOOD O lineman in front of Russ.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1w2te3c8 said:
Peyton Manning called out his O Line in a post game presser. I seriously doubt the Colts fans were calling for his head. Rodgers has been voicing his opinion for years, I doubt the Packers fans are calling for his head.
Should Russ and his Agent kept it in house? Sure. But my god this has been blown out of proportion.
I'm glad he spoke up, he's not wrong. Maybe the Hawks management should stop being so sensitive and get some GOOD O lineman in front of Russ.
Bingo! This guy gets it! ^

John63

Reaction score
Jerhawk":scv10enf said:
The sky is falling!!

Did it occur after 8 years of keeping it inside and nothing happening he felt this was the only choice?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think there's a rift between PC and Wilson, because PC appeases but doesn't really change much, and I think Russ doesn't feel like he's been taken seriously in house, nor does he believe that things will change by keeping things in house, so he's nudged via media, and he's frustrated. I feel the problems are mostly due to Carroll's offensive philosophy, he's rigid and his schematic limitations are lending to Wilson having to do too much, and to get hit, and they've been long figured out.

Wilson had to do something because he wants to get to the Superbowl and win it not go one and done in the playoffs and get killed in the process. Carroll's schemes actually have to be thrown out the window, he needs to keep away, hopefully they are actually doing that now with Waldron, it appears Wilson has lost faith after 9 years in PC to actually change much though.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":22rjck6h said:

One huge difference between Manning, Rodgers and Wilson.

Lets thing Manning adn Rodgers are

Wilson is

You can guess the rest

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh well, as always, it's a bunch of nothing. He'll be under center in 2021.
Until then, I've said my peace. Go Hawks