Seahawks/Russ relationship DETERIORATING RAPIDLY

groundchucklives

Reaction score
https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/seahawks- ... edia-tour/

"Several sources I trust, who have never steered me wrong before, recently told me that the Seahawks’ management is not happy with Russell Wilson and his camp for taking this to the media,” Dan Patrick said on his radio show Wednesday. “You wonder if Russ and the Seahawks are going to be able to coexist. … Right now, the current situation is not sustainable. That’s what I have been told by multiple sources.”

Rat

Reaction score
This title seems a little hyperbolic. Both sides are just passionate about winning; they'll likely find common ground and move forward.

BASF

Reaction score
groundchucklives":g6u09qpa said:
https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/seahawks-arent-thrilled-with-russell-wilsons-eye-opening-media-tour/

"Several sources I trust, who have never steered me wrong before, recently told me that the Seahawks’ management is not happy with Russell Wilson and his camp for taking this to the media,” Dan Patrick said on his radio show Wednesday. “You wonder if Russ and the Seahawks are going to be able to coexist. … Right now, the current situation is not sustainable. That’s what I have been told by multiple sources.”

Absolutely believable. Once they gave in last offseason and overpaid a washed up TE to make Wilson happy, they opened up a can of worms.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Rat":6s1t0k1y said:
This title seems a little hyperbolic. Both sides are just passionate about winning; they'll likely find common ground and move forward.

It is hyperbolic. Heavily.

...and there's already a thread on it.

Rat

Reaction score
BASF":2dpy6un2 said:
groundchucklives":2dpy6un2 said:
https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/seahawks-arent-thrilled-with-russell-wilsons-eye-opening-media-tour/

Absolutely believable. Once they gave in last offseason and overpaid a washed up TE to make Wilson happy, they opened up a can of worms.

Eh, it didn't work out, but $7 million for Olsen wasn't ridiculous.

I doubt Russ was super happy that our OL solution was to go to the bargain rack and sign a so-so BJ Finney and a bunch of guys who sucked with their last team (Warmack, Shell, Oghubei).

James in PA

Reaction score
I can’t keep up with all these RW threads. But aren’t all these stories about him getting traded irrelevant? He may not be happy. The Hawks may not be happy. But don’t the economics make it all but impossible for him to get traded THIS off-season? I don’t understand this salary cap nonsense, but that is the one thing I keep hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wartooth

Reaction score
That's alright...
Russ is busy working his brand...
But, yeah, all he really cares about is 'winning'!
39182386 9251311 image a 49 1613076749572
39182384 9251311 image a 50 1613076798990

Jerhawk

Reaction score
C'mon man.
Him taking time for a photo shoot in the off-season has no impact on his on field performance

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
James in PA":3ckwn4zp said:
I can’t keep up with all these RW threads. But aren’t all these stories about him getting traded irrelevant? He may not be happy. The Hawks may not be happy. But don’t the economics make it all but impossible for him to get traded THIS off-season? I don’t understand this salary cap nonsense, but that is the one thing I keep hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seahawks & RW could rework his deal for a trade or they could trade him after June 1st which is unlikely. Seahawks have plenty of cap space because 2022 is wide open. If the Seahawks eat the 39 million they will get a good haul of picks & a good player or good picks. Any team that trades for Wilson could rework his deal after the trade giving him more $$, on the surface RW loves it but it puts him in a situation where he can’t say no, I’m speculating RW is trying to get involved making sure all teams get a chance to go after him.

I highly doubt RW is staying in Seattle!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This thread is a genuine lot of BBBalderdash (said in your best Yosemite Sam voice).

Says who??? that the party's relationship is deteriorating rapidly. Wilson indicated frustration at being hit too much and sacked now almost 400 times and a desire to have input into some personnel moves. The team has only said they are disappointed that Wilson went public. How is that translated to rapid deterioration? Please explain.

When has RW asked for a trade? When has the team indicated that they are interested in trading him? NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

There is a ridiculous leap to judgment that Wilson even wants to be traded, or even that the team wants to trade him. There are also $39 million in dead cap reasons why this won't happen.

The number of variations on the same theme (hand wringing about Wilson) here is .net nonsense which borders on and then crosses into hyperbole and into somewhat inane Maddenesque speculation. 2- 1st round picks 2- 2nd round picks, a 3rd round pick and players to be named etc., etc... :177692:

I am wondering if all these threads ought not be consolidated?

I know it's the offseason and there isn't much team news, save for this media created speculation, but let's attempt at least to try to keep thing sensible here and not let it run away further into hyperbolic nonsense. I know this is message board and theories have their place but this is getting silly.

This whole situation has already run way further than it should have.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2q6yy53c said:
This thread is a genuine lot of BBBalderdash (said in your best Yosemite Sam voice).

Says who??? that the party's relationship is deteriorating rapidly. Wilson indicated frustration at being hit too much and sacked now almost 400 times and a desire to have input into some personnel moves. The team has only said they are disappointed that Wilson went public. How is that translated to rapid deterioration? Please explain.

When has RW asked for a trade? When has the team indicated that they are interested in trading him? NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

There is a ridiculous leap to judgment that Wilson even wants to be traded, or even that the team wants to trade him. There are also $39 million in dead cap reasons why this won't happen.

The number of variations on the same theme (hand wringing about Wilson) here is .net nonsense which borders on and then crosses into hyperbole and into somewhat inane Maddenesque speculation. 2- 1st round picks 2- 2nd round picks, a 3rd round pick and players to be named etc., etc... :177692:

I am wondering if all these threads ought not be consolidated?

I know it's the offseason and there isn't much team news, save for this media created speculation, but let's attempt at least to try to keep thing sensible here and not let it run away further into hyperbolic nonsense. I know this is message board and theories have their place but this is getting silly.

This whole situation has already run way further than it should have.
It's the offseason. Nothing else would be going on here, and I think there is at least some smoke here. I don't think some of this is speculation. Wilson has made a lot of passive aggressive jabs at the Seahawks through his twitter feed. He's also been extremely vocal about things. I think this warrants discussion, as I've seen this only escalate as the Seahawks offseason has gone on. This is a different MO for Russell Wilson, and it's worth discussing. This isn't just random and baseless. At the very least, we can say Wilson is extremely unhappy with the status-quo, and the way things have been ran on offense. The rhetoric from Wilson, even in his own words is ramping up quickly.

I think we've found ourselves in a bad situation. Either Pete meets Wilson's demands, or we could see him force his way out next offseason. The fact that he keeps mentioning Brady is worrying to say the least. Will Wilson be traded this offseason? Unlikely, is it possible that he forces his way out next season if things don't meet his expectations? You bet.