Groz's take

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I agree with Groz, but the message seems conflicted.

It starts out by saying this is the beginning of the end, then finishes the article by spinning a cautionary tale of "see, the Ms suck and the Sonics split, the Hawks could be next." Like, ok?

I don't get the doom and gloom people are getting if we move on from Pete and Wilson. The future is unknown. We could find a new QB and coach combo that takes the league by storm. Who knows

OP
OP
TreeRon

TreeRon

Reaction score
Jerhawk":z8sc3re1 said:
I agree with Groz, but the message seems conflicted.

It starts out by saying this is the beginning of the end, then finishes the article by spinning a cautionary tale of "see, the Ms suck and the Sonics split, the Hawks could be next." Like, ok?

I don't get the doom and gloom people are getting if we move on from Pete and Wilson. The future is unknown. We could find a new QB and coach combo that takes the league by storm. Who knows

WE could (recover) but what are the odds, really.

uncle fester

Reaction score
It’s rare that I find myself agreeing with Groz, but he’s onto a few truths here.

Brady is the outlier. The exception that proves the rule. In each set of day this is the return that is set aside in order to analyse the rest effectively. He is not the return you should be using for comparison. The analysis lies in the other 30. And their predecessors.

You want a franchise QB? Once you get one, you hold on to them. 1st round picks do not equal franchise QBs. There are currently not even 32 franchise QBs in the league. You could argue there aren’t enough to compile a Top Ten list.

Want to gamble on getting one this draft? Teams trying the same tactic in the last twenty drafts? Thirty drafts? The returns are embarrassingly low. This is why franchise QBs, consistently putting up numbers & wins, get paid handsomely. The alternative is franchise irrelevance for an indeterminate period, indefinite in some franchise cases.

To those saying ‘tired of him/his agent/his attitude’ etc etc., ...be very careful what you wish for. I suspect not all have thought it through objectively.