After Taking it all in

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
After taking everything in. Russell's comments, leaks from his camp to their media people, the timing of all of these things. Combining all of that stuff with what's been coming from his camp starting from last off-season and it all adds up to Russell really wanting out, but doesn't want to be perceived as the bad guy. There is no other reason that makes any sense to do what he and his camp have done. There's nothing he can gain from doing this outside of hopefully poisoning the well enough to get out and hoping everyone blames Pete/John for the divorce. If he really does want out, I would hope he would have enough balls to come out and own it at some point. The longer this thing carries momentum in the media, the more chance the locker room is gonna be a hostile place.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Of course he wants out.

The issue is why Pete let it get to this point. Wilson WARNED Pete this past season. It was literally leaked that if Pete did not open the offense up and 'Let Russ Cook' that Russ would be gone. And for a while it worked but then Pete clamped down on it.

Well, Wilson was not kidding. The very quote (paraphrased) was that if they did not let Russ cook he would find somewhere else that would.

So when Pete shut the offense down, he screwed himself. He was warned if not threatened. Chose to disregard and that moment he did - Wilson started planning his exit. When Watson showed you can do it early, Wilsons camp started the process early.

misfit

Reaction score
I think this is his effort to push Pete out.

We'll see if it works.

OP
OP
OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":8tzsq3r4 said:
Of course he wants out.

The issue is why Pete let it get to this point. Wilson WARNED Pete this past season. It was literally leaked that if Pete did not open the offense up and 'Let Russ Cook' that Russ would be gone. And for a while it worked but then Pete clamped down on it.

Well, Wilson was not kidding. The very quote (paraphrased) was that if they did not let Russ cook he would find somewhere else that would.

So when Pete shut the offense down, he screwed himself. He was warned if not threatened. Chose to disregard and that moment he did - Wilson started planning his exit. When Watson showed you can do it early, Wilsons camp started the process early.
I don't really care about the how/why. I just want him to come out and say it, so it can be dealt with and we can get as much as we can for him. I'm not mad at him. Just man up and say it publicly. Some fans will hate him forever, some won't no matter what, so just do it. I'm perfectly ok with trading him, Bobby, and Adams then running it back. I'm actually kind of excited about the thought of it.

OP
OP
OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
misfit":34w4jczh said:
I think this is his effort to push Pete out.

We'll see if it works.
Could be, we'll see, but I think that is a much taller task then forcing a trade. John/Pete were extended to be the caretakers until the team sells at some point, I would guess. That being the case, Russ will be the one to go. If they do trade him, they might as well tear it down to the studs or at least trade Russ, Bobby, Adams, and maybe another vet or 2 that have trade value. Accumulate as many picks and other young player assets to start over with.

I'd be more excited about that than going into next season as is.

pinksheets

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":31evn9nr said:
TwistedHusky":31evn9nr said:
Of course he wants out.

I don't really care about the how/why. I just want him to come out and say it, so it can be dealt with and we can get as much as we can for him. I'm not mad at him. Just man up and say it publicly. Some fans will hate him forever, some won't no matter what, so just do it. I'm perfectly ok with trading him, Bobby, and Adams then running it back. I'm actually kind of excited about the thought of it.
Yeah, I can't wait to get back to the pre-Russ era of 30+ years mostly ranging from bottom feeding to mediocrity and not having a franchise QB. What's not to be excited about?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Orange,

If the issue is Carroll and the cost is Wilson...wouldn't it be easier just to cater to Wilson's whims?

You want to trade away a HOF QB IN HIS PRIME in order to make the 98 year old head coach (who is one LifeAlert alarm from not being on the Seahawks anyway) happy?

That makes no sense.

Unless you are shooting to get the stadium naming rights sponsored by HoverRound, the choice between Pete and Wilson ALWAYS has to be Wilson.

OP
OP
OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
pinksheets":221b714p said:
OrangeGravy":221b714p said:
TwistedHusky":221b714p said:
Of course he wants out.

Yeah, I can't wait to get back to the pre-Russ era of 30+ years mostly ranging from bottom feeding to mediocrity and not having a franchise QB. What's not to be excited about?
If he wants out there isn't much else you can do except maximize the return. Even if you want Pete fired and Russ kept, I don't think that will happen. Maybe it will, but that is the only other option. I personally don't think they will go that route. It would be stupid to keep him and Pete after he's made it clear that he wants out. How do you think the players are gonna respond to him knowing he doesn't want to be there? That would be a disaster.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
This isn’t about wanting out. This is about respect. When you demand respect, you are also willing to walk away.

In life, some people are granted respect and adoration, and only have to avoid not screwing it up. And others have to claw, beg, hope for respect. And despite everything that they are, they never get it.

Russell Wilson is the latter. He has been a great human being, a great face of the franchise. A “good well behaved boy.” He has likely been begging, pleading with the Seahawks for years. Hoping that the organization will respect him, that the fan base will stand up for him. It hasn’t happened. So people like Wilson, have to stir the pot. They have to get in people’s faces and sacrifice their reputation. Otherwise, you, Pete, John, won’t care. You’ll talk about how nice of a guy he is, and how much you like him. But that doesn’t mean you RESPECT him. Respecting him is wanting him to have an elite O-line, not an average one.

Wilson is saying at this point, if you won’t respect him, screw it. He’ll go somewhere else. He is likely prepared for that. The Seahawks lose in that scenario. From ticket prices to prime time, Wilson’s impact on this team is tremendous. The only other player currently that can bring that kind of juice to Seattle is Watson, and Wilson knows that Watson misses games, and struggled at times in a weaker division. He is the captain now, like it or not

AgentDib

Reaction score
Scorpion05":ng95pkne said:
Respecting him is wanting him to have an elite O-line, not an average one.
This didn't sound the least bit crazy to you while you were writing it? All of us want the OL to be elite, but making that some sort of pre-requisite for respecting Russ is really bizarre. Presumably you think Russ deserves elite offensive playmaking weapons as well? How is having a top paid QB along with elite weapons along with elite OL remotely feasible to you under a fixed salary cap as some sort of minimum standard for respecting a player.

Did Brady have an elite OL in Tampa Bay? Did Mahomes have an elite OL the previous year in KC? He was on a rookie contract, so they had the money. Did Brady have an elite OL two years ago with the Patriots? Did the Eagles have an elite OL the year before that? The last time a team won the Super Bowl with a top paid OL was back in 2013 when the Seattle Seahawks did it. Do none of these other Super Bowl winners respect their QBs except for us, except apparently we are the ones you say who do not respect our QB?

getnasty

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3a571htl said:
This isn’t about wanting out. This is about respect. When you demand respect, you are also willing to walk away.

In life, some people are granted respect and adoration, and only have to avoid not screwing it up. And others have to claw, beg, hope for respect. And despite everything that they are, they never get it.

Russell Wilson is the latter. He has been a great human being, a great face of the franchise. A “good well behaved boy.” He has likely been begging, pleading with the Seahawks for years. Hoping that the organization will respect him, that the fan base will stand up for him. It hasn’t happened. So people like Wilson, have to stir the pot. They have to get in people’s faces and sacrifice their reputation. Otherwise, you, Pete, John, won’t care. You’ll talk about how nice of a guy he is, and how much you like him. But that doesn’t mean you RESPECT him. Respecting him is wanting him to have an elite O-line, not an average one.

Wilson is saying at this point, if you won’t respect him, screw it. He’ll go somewhere else. He is likely prepared for that. The Seahawks lose in that scenario. From ticket prices to prime time, Wilson’s impact on this team is tremendous. The only other player currently that can bring that kind of juice to Seattle is Watson, and Wilson knows that Watson misses games, and struggled at times in a weaker division. He is the captain now, like it or not

Can you give an example of disrespect coming from Carroll and John?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":3lynivld said:
After taking everything in. Russell's comments, leaks from his camp to their media people, the timing of all of these things. Combining all of that stuff with what's been coming from his camp starting from last off-season and it all adds up to Russell really wanting out, but doesn't want to be perceived as the bad guy. There is no other reason that makes any sense to do what he and his camp have done. There's nothing he can gain from doing this outside of hopefully poisoning the well enough to get out and hoping everyone blames Pete/John for the divorce. If he really does want out, I would hope he would have enough balls to come out and own it at some point. The longer this thing carries momentum in the media, the more chance the locker room is gonna be a hostile place.

I think you’ve got this exactly right. Why do you ask for stars one year and offensive line help the next?

The Seahawks have tried to fix the offensive line with draft picks and free agents.

Beware of the RW fan club. They’re not taking this well.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
HawkNuts":20d9a31a said:
OrangeGravy":20d9a31a said:

I think you’ve got this exactly right. Why do you ask for stars one year and offensive line help the next?

The Seahawks have tried to fix the offensive line with draft picks and free agents.

Beware of the RW fan club. They’re not taking this well.

He’s asked for both. The Seahawks have hardly given either to him for most of his career. Even with cap space, the Seahawks have ranked near the bottom in O-line spending. Instead of drafting O-linemen in the first round, we draft LJ Collier and McDowell.

Beware of the RW hate club. They are the most unreasonable, irrational people and don’t give a crap about their franchise QB. They’ve never respected, or cared about him. They’ve never judged him fairly, and don’t care to.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pinksheets":pyt6lmjb said:

Finally, some clarity on .NET.

I for one am not ready to go back to the decades of perpetual mediocrity and being an after thought in the NFL.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Well...
Russ is going on the Ellen show to continue his 'media blitz'.
It's telling how Russ is doing more 'appearances' than the QB who just won the Owl!
If he whines about how awful the Seahawks have and are treating him on that show...
They should just find a trade partner, and let Russ and his 'camp' ride off into the sunset.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Haters feed on hate. If there isn't anything legit they'll let the media create something for them and believe anything they read. If I were Wilson I would cancel any further interviews with non-team authorized media.
Wilson has a standing interest in purchasing ownership shares of the Seahawks. That is from a guy who is wanting to part ways?

OP
OP
OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Aros":32wrbcye said:
pinksheets":32wrbcye said:

Finally, some clarity on .NET.

I for one am not ready to go back to the decades of perpetual mediocrity and being an after thought in the NFL.
Nobody wants that, but if Russ makes the ultimate power play, there isn't anything the team can do about it. It's gonna happen. This has been building from the point Russ's people floated all that NY Giants stuff in the contract negotiations. If Russ, behind the scenes, is really saying to them provide this or I'll walk, he's really asking to either go now or push Pete out. There is nothing within reason that the team could do in between those 2 things that will satisfy him in that scenario. What he's asking for could still result in them losing in the 1st round of the playoffs. If they said ok Russell, we're gonna go out and get the C you want and the LG you want. They go out in FA and get those deals done however they have to make it happen, but Russell still gets sacked 40 times next year and Seattle goes 11-5 losing out in the wild card round. Is Russell satisfied at that point?