JJ Watt

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Might as well get this topic going...

dam Schefter
5m ·
JJ Watt asked the Texans for his release, and the two sides have agreed to part ways. The best defensive player in franchise history is now finished in Houston, but he does want to play elsewhere.

Played all 16 games last year, but only had 5 sacks. But 16 QB hits, 14 TFL, and so on. He is now a FA.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Read he wants to go to the steelers and play with his brother. Doubt he would want to come here anyway since this team isn't a sb contender and doesn't have much cap room.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Doubt we can afford him. We will struggle to sign our own stars and have money to fill out the roster with a few mid-tier FA's.

And he's on the backside of his career. Those guys usually make the worst investment until they get to the stage they will play for a lower wage just to take a run at a ring. But if they still think they are "superstars" when that ship has sailed, they are just throwing money after bad. Think ET.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
JJ is a good guy. He deserves a ring. He would not get one with Seattle.

He should go to a contender.

I’ll be happy for him.

Seattle has issues with its QB right now. No need to add another defensive player.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is truly a player that I'd go 'All In' on $ wise. He's a difference maker and that guy who could put an otherwise capable pass rush into another level of excellence. He's exactly the type of guy PC would want at the base end.

Doubt the Hawks would be attractive to him but could only imagine how great the D could be with him here.

Houston is imploding and has lost a lot of talent. There is something very wrong there with their ownership and management.

Elemas

Reaction score
He won’t come here. Players know the situation as well as anyone. No way he chooses the Seahawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Steelers maybe, Bucs possibly if he wants a Ring where he could rotate and stay fresh, just what the Bucs need, better defense.

Forthewin

Reaction score
Its all smoke and mirrors! JJ is saying Steelers now to get the price tag higher for other teams. Older, low stats player gets offered peanuts and the Hawks sneak in late with a winning offer.

#LETMEDREAM

12forlife

Reaction score
If he's looking for a contender, its not Pittsburg, when the cards are on the table, I think the Hawks & Steelers are pretty even. But we do have one of the top 5 QB's in the league. Sadly I don't see how we afford him? Is he worth dropping J. Reed for?

Dallashawksfan

Reaction score
12forlife":1u5laxzn said:
If he's looking for a contender, its not Pittsburg, when the cards are on the table, I think the Hawks & Steelers are pretty even. But we do have one of the top 5 QB's in the league. Sadly I don't see how we afford him? Is he worth dropping J. Reed for?

Lol Wilson is not top 5

Top 10 if he is lucky

PNW

Reaction score
Dallashawksfan":2kclr70w said:
12forlife":2kclr70w said:

Lol Wilson is not top 5

Top 10 if he is lucky
Agreed