Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JJ Watt

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
JJ Watt
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:09 am
  • Might as well get this topic going...

dam Schefter
    5m ·
    JJ Watt asked the Texans for his release, and the two sides have agreed to part ways. The best defensive player in franchise history is now finished in Houston, but he does want to play elsewhere.

Played all 16 games last year, but only had 5 sacks. But 16 QB hits, 14 TFL, and so on. He is now a FA.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

Re: JJ Watt
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:25 am
  • Read he wants to go to the steelers and play with his brother. Doubt he would want to come here anyway since this team isn't a sb contender and doesn't have much cap room.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:23 am
  • Watt's stats need to be examined in the context of how much attention he draws from the offense.
    I lament that he wasn't a Seahawk to begin with, but he's now outside our budget restraints.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:02 am
  • Doubt we can afford him. We will struggle to sign our own stars and have money to fill out the roster with a few mid-tier FA's.

And he's on the backside of his career. Those guys usually make the worst investment until they get to the stage they will play for a lower wage just to take a run at a ring. But if they still think they are "superstars" when that ship has sailed, they are just throwing money after bad. Think ET.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:03 am
  • JJ is a good guy. He deserves a ring. He would not get one with Seattle.

He should go to a contender.

I’ll be happy for him.

Seattle has issues with its QB right now. No need to add another defensive player.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:28 am
  • This is truly a player that I'd go 'All In' on $ wise. He's a difference maker and that guy who could put an otherwise capable pass rush into another level of excellence. He's exactly the type of guy PC would want at the base end.

Doubt the Hawks would be attractive to him but could only imagine how great the D could be with him here.

Houston is imploding and has lost a lot of talent. There is something very wrong there with their ownership and management.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:30 am
  • He won’t come here. Players know the situation as well as anyone. No way he chooses the Seahawks.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:26 am
  • Steelers maybe, Bucs possibly if he wants a Ring where he could rotate and stay fresh, just what the Bucs need, better defense.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:34 am
  • Its all smoke and mirrors! JJ is saying Steelers now to get the price tag higher for other teams. Older, low stats player gets offered peanuts and the Hawks sneak in late with a winning offer.

#LETMEDREAM
    Hawks2022
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:55 am
  • If he's looking for a contender, its not Pittsburg, when the cards are on the table, I think the Hawks & Steelers are pretty even. But we do have one of the top 5 QB's in the league. Sadly I don't see how we afford him? Is he worth dropping J. Reed for?
    12forlife
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:39 am
  • 12forlife wrote:If he's looking for a contender, its not Pittsburg, when the cards are on the table, I think the Hawks & Steelers are pretty even. But we do have one of the top 5 QB's in the league. Sadly I don't see how we afford him? Is he worth dropping J. Reed for?

Lol Wilson is not top 5

Top 10 if he is lucky
    Dallashawksfan
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:13 am
  • Dallashawksfan wrote:
    12forlife wrote:If he's looking for a contender, its not Pittsburg, when the cards are on the table, I think the Hawks & Steelers are pretty even. But we do have one of the top 5 QB's in the league. Sadly I don't see how we afford him? Is he worth dropping J. Reed for?

Lol Wilson is not top 5

Top 10 if he is lucky

Agreed
    PNW
    NET Starter

It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information