The weird thing about this RW thing...

Fox0r

Reaction score
If there's not some truth to him wanting to leave, why doesn't he make a statement saying everything's being taken out of context and he definitely wants to stay (Doesn't he want to avoid drama if he's really all about the team?)

misfit

Reaction score
Because Pete and Russ cant coexist here long term anymore

Its hitting a breaking point

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'd assume because if he doesn't actually want to leave for certain, he's still aiming to hold feet to the fire to get what he wants in Seattle and create that pressure.

The fervor dies down if he says, "I'll be staying no matter what."

James in PA

Reaction score
Fox0r":1q5g6akk said:
If there's not some truth to him wanting to leave, why doesn't he make a statement saying everything's being taken out of context and he definitely wants to stay (Doesn't he want to avoid drama if he's really all about the team?)
I was thinking the same thing. Him not making a statement after all this news broke must mean there is at least some truth to it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Schneider scouted Mahomes, Schneider turned down the Cleveland trade, GB moved up in the 2020 draft in front of Seattle to draft QB Jordan Love. Smoke has been burning for a while!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2nytiexq said:
Schneider scouted Mahomes, Schneider turned down the Cleveland trade, GB moved up in the 2020 draft in front of Seattle to draft QB Jordan Love. Smoke has been burning for a while!
Seattle put a lot of resources in scouting both Mahomes and Josh Allen. I'm curious as to why.

As for Wilson, I think he's trying set up the stage to get Pete fired or force his way out of the team if no changes are made on the end of Carroll or the team.

xray

Reaction score
What's so weird ? We all know that PC is awesome and Wilson is more awesome . They can both go away ASAP . IMO

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I think Russ just wants to have a say in who we go after in FA and who we draft. This may appear much more dramatic than it really is.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Tusc2000":3ghs3t38 said:
I think Russ just wants to have a say in who we go after in FA and who we draft. This may appear much more dramatic than it really is.

It’s over RW will get traded but for that to happen both RW & Seattle have to come together to make it happen. There’s no point in staying together both Pete & RW are not the types to Mickey Mouse around.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
In the Dan Patrick interview with RW (where this all started). RW said something like if I'm traded...it's a Seahawk organization decision. He didn't say it's a "FO or management" decision. He's already separating or has separated from the Seahawks, IMO, just based off that comment. That came directly out of his mouth. There was no misinterpretation or word finagling by any mediot. Maybe the reports that Waldron was a Wilson guy are untrue. Why all this nonsense after Waldron and Dickerson are hired? Very interesting indeed.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
In watching the SB, Russ saw that a more mobile and much younger QB got squished. Time and time again.

Being a decade older than Mahomes, he still saw his future: One ACL away, one high-ankle away. You see what not playing in 2020 has done to JimmyG's stock. The odds only increase that it'll happen to Russ with his style of play far, far closer to the Murrays and Lamars than Brady.

The only realistic alternative PC has right now is to develop a scheme with more short routes, underneath YAC, etc. As well as strategies not just for checkdown but throwing the ball away. How many times have we all sat there yelling "RUSS THROW THE BALL! THROW THE BALL!"

And then see how it goes.

The worst that could happen is a losing season. Which neither of them want.

Getting rid of RW would probably Belichick PC's career. Keep in mind they're the same age. I think PC would rather go out as someone who has technically had a winning season for the past decade and only missed playoffs once, than someone under whom the season tallies are more like 4-12 than 12-4.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":p2o356if said:
FresnoHawk68":p2o356if said:
Seattle put a lot of resources in scouting both Mahomes and Josh Allen. I'm curious as to why.

As for Wilson, I think he's trying set up the stage to get Pete fired or force his way out of the team if no changes are made on the end of Carroll or the team.

I like this point. I do believe Russ wants to be here 100% and is just as flat out tired as most of us are around Pete. Russ has been a part of these problems, for sure, but I think his stones may have finally dropped to speak up. Like most of us on here, I’m just ready for a new vibe and approach from an offensive standpoint. Trouble in paradise, certainly.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I have both pilloried Pete regularly for his terrible decisions and made the case we need to keep him as long as we can.

Why?

Because I thought Wilson loved him and was happy with him.

Keeping Wilson happy is literally the most important thing any Seahawk fan should care about. Because the entire success of the Seahawks hinges on him.

So if Wilson is not happy with Pete and actually been pushing for change this whole time and rebuffed?

Then Pete has to go. No kicking him upstairs. No turning him into #2 under JS. Get him the H out of here. Or let him be a talent developer with no final say in coaching or roster decisions.

He is dead weight and worthless if Wilson does not want him here.

Anything Wilson wants is what matters.

Because the moment Wilson leaves we are back to being a nobody cares team.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":3b5ydpix said:
Spin Doctor":3b5ydpix said:
FresnoHawk68":3b5ydpix said:

I like this point. I do believe Russ wants to be here 100% and is just as flat out tired as most of us are around Pete. Russ has been a part of these problems, for sure, but I think his stones may have finally dropped to speak up. Like most of us on here, I’m just ready for a new vibe and approach from an offensive standpoint. Trouble in paradise, certainly.

Just because you're ready to move on from P{ete doesn't mean Russ is. I think Russ just wants a different offensive approach, and this is his way of getting it. I do see Pete changing to make Russ happy. There's no other option here.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3l7y7b6o said:

- The Browns rumor is not corroborated by anyone. It's PFT garbage from Simms.

- Many teams with solid quarterback situations still scout top quarterback prospects.

- The Seahawks were originally the team that Green Bay was going to trade with for Love, but GB got a better deal to move up one more spot. This has been stated definitively by Schneider.