Bob "Common Sense" Condotta-Greg Bishop GreAt interview

ivotuk

Reaction score
Condotta calls it like it is. No big deal, winningest team in the NFL. They've been at the limit of the cap every year. they've paid their best players top dollar, and they've cut good players who have gotten ridiculous paychecks elsewhere.

Unlike what Emmanuel Ocha said "You can buy a Superbowl" What a craxckpot. Wrong, you can't afford to pay everybody!

The F.O. has made mistakes though! They left Cable in control for too long, and they drafted too many "versatile" offensive linemen. Their early round OL draft mistakes were during the Tom Cable era. Let's put that behind us and draft a Left Guard for the left guard position! And let's draft a Center, for the center position!

Let John Schneider use his best resources for evaluating offensive linemen, and let's follow a model like the Saints and the Rams. Take the best from those 2 teams, and make it fit your system, while still keeping your system open for modification.

My take, this is a legit topic, but I think some have blown it way out of proportion. Russell wanted to make sure that the message got out there. However, he is a QB, not a Scout, and he is fairly inexperienced when it comes to team building. What he's doing here I think is smart, put the pressure on, then go about his business.

But "NO MORE SUPERSTARS!" Just think of the kind of Left Guard we could have gotten for what we paid Iupati, combined with the 7 Million we wasted on Greg (I have buyers remorse) Olsen!

WYMAN AND BOB -- Hour 4 -Bob Condotta

Bob Condotta, Seahawks beat writer for the Seattle Times, goes in-depth on the Seahawks offensive line and the big contracts that will need to be reworked in the future.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... an+and+Bob

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
DANNY AND GALLANTHour 3 - Greg Bishop of Sports Illustrated!

Greg Bishop of Sports Illustrated joins the show to discuss the whole Russell Wilson saga of this week and gives some insider info as he's in the know with Mark Rodgers and Russell Wilson. Around the NFL!: the Bucs GM thinks he has an eventual successor to Tom Brady. Then, do we really have to pick a side in the sage we like to call "As Russ Turns"? Finally, Flag on the Play!  

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... nd+Gallant

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hour 3 - Seahawks Free Agency Profile: Chris Carson

Jake and Stacy begin their 2021 Seahawks free agent profiles with running back Chris Carson. Is he still in play for a return to Seattle next season? Has his play warranted a second contract? They give you their answers. Later, what does James Paxton's return to the Mariners tell you about where the rebuild stands? What I Need to Know finishes off Monday

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... +and+Stacy

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
JAKE AND STACY

Hour 3 - Pro Football Focus' Sam Monson on how much Russell Wilson is to blame for his sack total

Is it more of the offensive line's fault for Russell Wilson's sack totals or his inability to make quick throws? Sam Monson of Pro Football Focus joins Jake and Stacy to start off the third hour. Later, do Seattle fans still fear star athletes will leave the city the first chance they get? What I Need to Know wraps up Thursday

Wartooth

Reaction score
Remember when they cut Mark Glowinski?
The Colts got him for nothing, he's started there the last 3 years, first at RG, last year at LG.
He's ranked as the 20th best guard in the league!
He signed an $18 million 3 year extension last year...
Isn't that affordable?!
Sometimes guys just need good coaching and some time.

John63

Reaction score
ivotuk":3g28lkkj said:
JAKE AND STACY

Hour 3 - Pro Football Focus' Sam Monson on how much Russell Wilson is to blame for his sack total

Is it more of the offensive line's fault for Russell Wilson's sack totals or his inability to make quick throws? Sam Monson of Pro Football Focus joins Jake and Stacy to start off the third hour. Later, do Seattle fans still fear star athletes will leave the city the first chance they get? What I Need to Know wraps up Thursday

He make ssome good point s one of which got glossed over and that being that Seattle has counted on him getting those deep throws. So if you count on him running around and getting those deep throws you need to understand that means more chances of being sacked. He also says the oline has not been a big priority., The other thing is he did not bring up how many sacks Wilson has saved, or how many on avg sacks are on the QB league wide. All that said even if you take 13 off of 47 its till 34 and would still be top 10 and in fact if you did that for every year in the league Wilson would still be the top sacked QB in the league even without the ones that are on him.

I agree some is on Wilson but the same can be said of every Qb. The problem is even without them he is still hit way to much, and again having gone back and looked for every sack you can say is on him there are 3-4 that he avoids.