Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tate back to Seattle?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Tate back to Seattle?
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:10 pm

Re: Tate back to Seattle?
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:21 pm
  • “To me, as of now, where I am today, I think Stafford’s been the best quarterback I’ve played with,” Tate said. “The guy can flat-out play. He’s tough, his attitude is amazing and he just wants to play ball. For me, I have nothing but praises for him. It’s almost unfair that he’s such a good player and doesn’t have playoffs or a ring to show for it. That kind of hurts my heart that I wasn’t able to help change that.”

“I think over his career, if you put him in another organization, maybe things are different. I don’t know. Because I’ve played with some guys over my years that I’ve won playoff games with that I don’t think are as good,” Tate said.

Would be nice to have as the #3 WR, but seems unlikely.
    Last edited by massari on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:09 pm
  • Losing Tate was stupid.

Probably cost us a SB win, if not a dynasty.

But this move helps nothing.

Might as well bring Unger back and we can try to pretend the moves to get rid of those 2 were not the worst in Seahawk history. Even worse than trading Hutch.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:59 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Losing Tate was stupid.

Might as well bring Unger back and we can try to pretend the moves to get rid of those 2 were not the worst in Seahawk history. Even worse than trading Hutch.

They didn't trade Hutch. If you're going to make big statements like that, at least get your baseline facts straight.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:07 pm
  • They didn't trade Hutch. They might as well have. Ruskell played games with him and lost him to FA.

I thought that was the worst decision this franchise ever made, worse than drafting Mirer (who got us Walt later...so I suppose not THE worst). But the process by which we lost Hutch was rife with stupidity and vintage Ruskell.

If you want to argue semantics. No they did not trade Hutch. But it screwed us.

Not as bad as letting Tate walk and trading Unger did though.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:39 am
  • If they do, leave Russell! Pete Carroll knows and everyone else knows why they got beef. *ALLEGEDLY **
    Tinamedina
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:16 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:They didn't trade Hutch. They might as well have. Ruskell played games with him and lost him to FA.

I thought that was the worst decision this franchise ever made, worse than drafting Mirer (who got us Walt later...so I suppose not THE worst). But the process by which we lost Hutch was rife with stupidity and vintage Ruskell.

It was on Hutch, not Ruskell. Vikings made an offer that the Hawks couldn't match.

https://klewtv.com/sports/professional/ ... 11-18-2015
    HHawk121
    NET Starter

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:34 am
  • HHawk121 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:They didn't trade Hutch. They might as well have. Ruskell played games with him and lost him to FA.

It was on Hutch, not Ruskell. Vikings made an offer that the Hawks couldn't match.

Ruskell used the Transition tag not the franchise tag, Vikings made him an offer that could only be offset by making him paid equal to our highest lineman If memory serves.

The Poison pill contract.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:39 am
  • Fire Pete! Trade Russ!

The only thing that would make as much sense is bringing Tate back.

Gotta love Wacko World I've found myself in this past week.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:28 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Losing Tate was stupid.

Really? Poison pill?
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:35 pm
  • HHawk121 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:They didn't trade Hutch. They might as well have. Ruskell played games with him and lost him to FA.

From what Holmgren said.. Ruskell had assured Holmgren and Hutch, that they were going to franchise him, which apparently was fine with Hutch. Holmgren, then went on that vacation to Miami I believe, maybe Hawaii.. and upon his return found out that Ruskell had blatantly lied to both of them and went with the transaction tag. Holmgren went onto say that Hutch basically was balling in his(Holmgren arms, that he was lied and betrayed)
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:00 pm
  • No thanks...big no thanks.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:25 pm
  • People overblow those Stafford comments. Lots of receivers hype up their own guy, and FOR Golden, Stafford really was the best QB for him. He had his most productive years there.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:13 am
  • Tate would be an upgrade to Moore at WR3, but don't expect the old Tate. He'd probably help out mainly on third down.

If Tate's willing and wouldn't be a dumpster fire for team chemistry, I'm for it.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:26 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    HHawk121 wrote:

Ruskell used the Transition tag not the franchise tag, Vikings made him an offer that could only be offset by making him paid equal to our highest lineman If memory serves.

100% on Ruskell, it destroyed Holmgrens cool and HC career. Seahawks would have had a great shot at the following years SB.
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:29 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:Tate would be an upgrade to Moore at WR3, but don't expect the old Tate. He'd probably help out mainly on third down.

If Tate's willing and wouldn't be a dumpster fire for team chemistry, I'm for it.

He's a good route running, and may find success as our number 3 slot receiver. He also has very good hands, he could be money on third down. I don't think he's the YAC monster he once was, but I think there could be a role for him.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:33 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    HHawk121 wrote:

And also as I recall, we even tried restructuring Walter Jones contract to make Hutch the highest paid, but the poison pill contract stated he had to be highest paid starting when that contract was agreed to.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:38 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:https://heavy.com/sports/seattle-seahawks/golden-tate-giants-rumors/

Maybe, maybe not.. how will this work out with Russ?

I'm ready for some coffee and doughnuts to celebrate the occasion.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:11 am
  • Maybe Tate could take care of the Ciara problem. :stirthepot: :stirthepot:
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:57 pm
  • Another sign pete Carroll doesnt respect Russell Wilson.
    Tinamedina
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:32 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:Maybe Tate could take care of the Ciara problem. :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Harsh, but funny.

Russ should be thanking Tate, he had a part in ruining Russ's last marriage, but wow look how he upgraded.

(If you buy into the rumors, which I do)
    twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:53 pm
  • Nah, would be nice for nostalgia's sake, but there have got to be other/better options out there unless it is a team-friendly deal and comes with no drama.
    DangerousDoug
    NET Rookie

It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information