Tate back to Seattle?

massari

Reaction score
“To me, as of now, where I am today, I think Stafford’s been the best quarterback I’ve played with,” Tate said. “The guy can flat-out play. He’s tough, his attitude is amazing and he just wants to play ball. For me, I have nothing but praises for him. It’s almost unfair that he’s such a good player and doesn’t have playoffs or a ring to show for it. That kind of hurts my heart that I wasn’t able to help change that.”

“I think over his career, if you put him in another organization, maybe things are different. I don’t know. Because I’ve played with some guys over my years that I’ve won playoff games with that I don’t think are as good,” Tate said.

Would be nice to have as the #3 WR, but seems unlikely.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Losing Tate was stupid.

Probably cost us a SB win, if not a dynasty.

But this move helps nothing.

Might as well bring Unger back and we can try to pretend the moves to get rid of those 2 were not the worst in Seahawk history. Even worse than trading Hutch.

nanomoz

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":500eodpl said:
Losing Tate was stupid.

Might as well bring Unger back and we can try to pretend the moves to get rid of those 2 were not the worst in Seahawk history. Even worse than trading Hutch.

They didn't trade Hutch. If you're going to make big statements like that, at least get your baseline facts straight.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They didn't trade Hutch. They might as well have. Ruskell played games with him and lost him to FA.

I thought that was the worst decision this franchise ever made, worse than drafting Mirer (who got us Walt later...so I suppose not THE worst). But the process by which we lost Hutch was rife with stupidity and vintage Ruskell.

If you want to argue semantics. No they did not trade Hutch. But it screwed us.

Not as bad as letting Tate walk and trading Unger did though.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
If they do, leave Russell! Pete Carroll knows and everyone else knows why they got beef. *ALLEGEDLY **

HHawk121

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2dnm4ymx said:
They didn't trade Hutch. They might as well have. Ruskell played games with him and lost him to FA.

I thought that was the worst decision this franchise ever made, worse than drafting Mirer (who got us Walt later...so I suppose not THE worst). But the process by which we lost Hutch was rife with stupidity and vintage Ruskell.

It was on Hutch, not Ruskell. Vikings made an offer that the Hawks couldn't match.

https://klewtv.com/sports/professional/ ... 11-18-2015

chris98251

Reaction score
HHawk121":2f6xmv67 said:
TwistedHusky":2f6xmv67 said:

It was on Hutch, not Ruskell. Vikings made an offer that the Hawks couldn't match.

Ruskell used the Transition tag not the franchise tag, Vikings made him an offer that could only be offset by making him paid equal to our highest lineman If memory serves.

The Poison pill contract.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fire Pete! Trade Russ!

The only thing that would make as much sense is bringing Tate back.

Gotta love Wacko World I've found myself in this past week.

Boycie

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1a9q0ejf said:
Losing Tate was stupid.

Really? Poison pill?

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
HHawk121":1e6o0xwv said:
TwistedHusky":1e6o0xwv said:

From what Holmgren said.. Ruskell had assured Holmgren and Hutch, that they were going to franchise him, which apparently was fine with Hutch. Holmgren, then went on that vacation to Miami I believe, maybe Hawaii.. and upon his return found out that Ruskell had blatantly lied to both of them and went with the transaction tag. Holmgren went onto say that Hutch basically was balling in his(Holmgren arms, that he was lied and betrayed)

Rat

Reaction score
People overblow those Stafford comments. Lots of receivers hype up their own guy, and FOR Golden, Stafford really was the best QB for him. He had his most productive years there.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tate would be an upgrade to Moore at WR3, but don't expect the old Tate. He'd probably help out mainly on third down.

If Tate's willing and wouldn't be a dumpster fire for team chemistry, I'm for it.

jeremiah

Reaction score
chris98251":2qq1ftty said:
HHawk121":2qq1ftty said:
TwistedHusky":2qq1ftty said:

Ruskell used the Transition tag not the franchise tag, Vikings made him an offer that could only be offset by making him paid equal to our highest lineman If memory serves.

100% on Ruskell, it destroyed Holmgrens cool and HC career. Seahawks would have had a great shot at the following years SB.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2x38o0sc said:
Tate would be an upgrade to Moore at WR3, but don't expect the old Tate. He'd probably help out mainly on third down.

If Tate's willing and wouldn't be a dumpster fire for team chemistry, I'm for it.
He's a good route running, and may find success as our number 3 slot receiver. He also has very good hands, he could be money on third down. I don't think he's the YAC monster he once was, but I think there could be a role for him.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
chris98251":3twk7si2 said:
HHawk121":3twk7si2 said:
TwistedHusky":3twk7si2 said:

And also as I recall, we even tried restructuring Walter Jones contract to make Hutch the highest paid, but the poison pill contract stated he had to be highest paid starting when that contract was agreed to.

Threedee

Reaction score
Bobblehead":f2mltd8p said:
https://heavy.com/sports/seattle-seahawks/golden-tate-giants-rumors/

Maybe, maybe not.. how will this work out with Russ?

I'm ready for some coffee and doughnuts to celebrate the occasion.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Maybe Tate could take care of the Ciara problem. :stirthepot: :stirthepot: