Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ZONE BLOCKING

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
ZONE BLOCKING
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:16 pm
  • With Waldron I suspect we will see zone blocking as opposed to power blocking in the run game how does every one feel about that? Also is this offensive line built for zone blocking which relies on smaller offensive linemen. Damien Lewis?
    tersal
    NET Rookie

Re: ZONE BLOCKING
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:11 am
  • Well, it probably won't be an immediate full-shift towards zone concepts. Seattle already has some zone concepts in the scheme, so it isn't totally unfamiliar either. Their retaining Solari indicates that they're probably going to look to build an approach that utilizes more zone, but not a full-on Shanny attack. They don't have the personnel for it.

Over time, I expect the archetype for guards to change the most. Brown and Shell will likely be fine. Lewis won't be in a perfect situation for his strengths, but will also likely be fine. Good guards are generally good guards regardless, and we saw his quick adaptation to new situations on full display when he shifted to C vs. Arizona, which I think was his most impressive performance. I'm most excited to see Pocic continue at center full-time with more zone schemes - that's what he's truly built to do, and I expect him to look a lot better on those zone concepts.

So, yeah... over time, the archetype for interior linemen is likely gonna shift towards nimble guys who can move well laterally, and are (generally) comparatively lighter. Just don't expect a 100% shift immediately.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:44 am
  • Excellent great reply.
    tersal
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:55 am
  • All the teams in the nfl use zone blocking. They dont use gap concept anymore. Seahawks draft lineman already knowing this. Lewis will be fine. One year in and already regarded as one of the better right guards.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:51 am
  • I didn't know the OL was using any kind of scheme...I thought they were just winging it every play last year!
    Hawks2022
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information