Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:29 pm

Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:39 pm
  • Won't happen. I see the rumors but i don't think so.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3928
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:27 pm
  • I really hope they never over pay for another high priced TE. Jimmy Graham = waste, and so was Greg Olsen. Hard pass.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 1799
    Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 pm


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:55 pm
  • Makes zero sense. Pass.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 33446
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:19 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9962011

    Would this make our gq qb happy again? Seattle may have zero picks left by draft day.


    Why would getting Ertz make HIM happy?

    You already ruined Graham. Wasn’t HE here for that?
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3646
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm
    Location: Dallas, Texas


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:51 am
  • Its only crazy until its true! Philly wants to package up Wentz and Ertz. If it all goes down Wilson will pull in 4 firsts and some lower picks. The Eagles were offered (2) 2nd rounders for Wentz. Wentz had potential and has shown it...just not last year.

    End result...Hawks trade 2 firsts and lower round draft picks for the package and have 2 firsts left over.
    Hawks2022
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 82
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:05 am


  • Unless its Kittles or Kelce we dont need to pay a high end TE. We need to focus on a healthy LG & legit Center.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1512
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm


  • NO! We need O linemen not another TE
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1424
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 pm


  • Pete Carroll's master plan is to use Ertz as our LG. Think about it, he's got the ultimate versatility, he can catch the ball and block. If he puts on 50 more pounds he'll be perfect AND he can go out and receive!!!!!!! Why not try him at center too? It's the ultimate in versatility.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3653
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:31 am


  • There number 3 option needs to be better then David Moore but i'm not buying this move. Move on with Dissely, Parkinson and Hollister and feel other needs. Ertz seems washed to me but then Olsen was too.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5079
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm


  • nwHawk wrote:I really hope they never over pay for another high priced TE. Jimmy Graham = waste, and so was Greg Olsen. Hard pass.

    :ditto: So much this. I don't agree that Graham was a total waste, maybe, but it was money that might have been better sense elsewhere. Olsen was at least a bit cheaper than Graham, but the ROI was pretty low, too.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 21670
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • Wait, we get to destroy another elite TE? Where the hell do I sign up?!!?
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2852
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


  • Travis Kielce would fail in last years offense the way they were using TEs. Why waste the money?
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 691
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:06 pm


  • Interesting... I love it, actually. If Wilson wants Ertz, go get him.

    Waldron and Dickerson coming over points to increased tight end usage. 2 good tight ends are gonna be big for the offense to have. Ertz needs to come cheap, though.

    Ertz would help with third downs, redzone conversion, and bolster the 2 TE personnel groups. I'd be happy to add him.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4474
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • RedAlice wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9962011

    Would this make our gq qb happy again? Seattle may have zero picks left by draft day.


    Why would getting Ertz make HIM happy?

    You already ruined Graham. Wasn’t HE here for that?


    >Ruined Graham

    People still believe this load of crap?
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4474
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • Not a fan if this has any weight. I'd rather the team try to see what they have in Parkinson. Ertz seems to be a shell at this point, but maybe that was just due to the Philadelphia melt down the last few years. But he's coming off injuries and is expensive. Hard pass.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1732
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:05 am
    Location: Out here


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:07 am
  • Ertz is injured way too often

    Draft somebody and see what a healthier Dissly and a second year Parkinson can do

    Would much rather have Gerald Everett than Ertz
    irfuben32
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:07 am


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:20 am
  • If they’re looking at Ertz it means they’re not going to spend big at TE & need a Veteran in the TE group! Everett is too expensive. The ? is Ertz worth 5 million.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 595
    Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 am


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:22 am
  • 7th round pick for Ertz if anything at all.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 595
    Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 am


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:34 am
  • So the team has a gazillion TE's and they want to go out and waste money or picks on another one? Will this FO never learn?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1910
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:38 am
  • $12,471,500 is what Ertz's cap number is for 2021. They only way that happens is if big money is moved. My guess is they're trying to get inside scoop in case he gets cut at some point.

    Right now there are Dissley (solid all around but not spectacular), Parkinson (tall potentially very good pass catcher), and Tyler Mabry.

    Parkinson should be particularly useful in the red zone, and Dissley may have a breakout year next season. The team might really be in search of a move TE this offseason. One that can help move the chains between the 20's. Hollister felt like an attempt to have one, but he left a lot to be desired. Anyone got thoughts on a potential move TE to sign?
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 1799
    Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 pm


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:47 am
  • nwHawk wrote:$12,471,500 is what Ertz's cap number is for 2021. They only way that happens is if big money is moved. My guess is they're trying to get inside scoop in case he gets cut at some point.

    Right now there are Dissley (solid all around but not spectacular), Parkinson (tall potentially very good pass catcher), and Tyler Mabry.

    Parkinson should be particularly useful in the red zone, and Dissley may have a breakout year next season. The team might really be in search of a move TE this offseason. One that can help move the chains between the 20's. Hollister felt like an attempt to have one, but he left a lot to be desired. Anyone got thoughts on a potential move TE to sign?


    $7,769,00 is dead Cap! $4,702,000 left to be paid! Whoever trades for Ertz will have to pay $4,702,000. If only 2 teams are interested in Ertz it might makes sense to pass on a trade & go after Ertz in Free Agency for less than $4,702,00. Philly wants to trade Ertz because if they cut him an extra & $5,200,000 hits the books of dead $$ for Ertz.

    Philly doesn’t wants to cut him & Indy/Seattle are the 2 shrewdest teams in the NFL! Philly might want to give Seattle or Indy a draft pick to take Ertz off their books.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 595
    Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 am


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:09 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:So the team has a gazillion TE's and they want to go out and waste money or picks on another one? Will this FO never learn?


    You could say the exact same thing about the offensive line.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4474
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:17 am
  • Makes sense to at least consider every option, but I would look at this one and check it off as a non-issue. If Wilson were to hype such a deal I would immediately start shopping Dissley, cause Russ's wandering eye would definitely be an indictment of his opinion on Diss.
    I'm all in on the OL theme, just not the TE part. I'm good with what we've got there. We just need to use them instead of waiting too long for one of our WRs to break open. I would think that will be a prominent issue on Waldron's plate.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 2017
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:55 am
  • How much would Zach Ertz cost if the Eagles traded him and his contract?
    Zach Ertz’s contract structure at this stage means the Eagles would have the same dead money if they released or traded him. Therefore, in a trade, the Eagles would be left with $7.77 million in dead money.

    The team acquiring Ertz would take on his $8.5 million in salary.

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/zach-ertz-contract-details-salary-bonuses/


    I was wrong posting the full $12mil, but the Hawks would still be on the hook for $8.5 million, which is a lot for a guy coming off his worst season filled with injuries. I don't dislike Zach, I'm just tired of overpaying for past performances to hope to create a stud TE experience. I'm not sure that's the best way to use $8.5 million and a draft pick.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 1799
    Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 pm


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:30 pm
  • nwHawk wrote:
    How much would Zach Ertz cost if the Eagles traded him and his contract?
    Zach Ertz’s contract structure at this stage means the Eagles would have the same dead money if they released or traded him. Therefore, in a trade, the Eagles would be left with $7.77 million in dead money.

    The team acquiring Ertz would take on his $8.5 million in salary.

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/zach-ertz-contract-details-salary-bonuses/


    I was wrong posting the full $12mil, but the Hawks would still be on the hook for $8.5 million, which is a lot for a guy coming off his worst season filled with injuries. I don't dislike Zach, I'm just tired of overpaying for past performances to hope to create a stud TE experience. I'm not sure that's the best way to use $8.5 million and a draft pick.


    Please it’s $4.7 million, why are you making this harder than it is, GO to OTC & look it up & understand the rules. They have 2 TE’s signed and are exploring options for the 3rd TE! They haven’t traded for Ertz yet so nobody knows the price but Philly could pay Seattle or Indy to take Ertz off the books & keep the dead cap hit in years 2021,2022,2023 vs having all 3 years dead cap hit in 2021.
    Ertz probably isn’t worth $4.7 million after his 2020 performance but Seattle wants a Veteran TE on the 53 man roster. They kept TE Luke Wilson on the roster last year!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 595
    Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 am


  • EVeryone keeps saying "Last year we didnt.." etc..

    So if you guys think a NEW OC wont change the scheme, why would you even want to go after Oline.. If you don't change the scheme and Russel doesnt learn to get it out quicker, no amount of anything will change how its been working.
    balakoth
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 228
    Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm


  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:So the team has a gazillion TE's and they want to go out and waste money or picks on another one? Will this FO never learn?


    You could say the exact same thing about the offensive line.


    So the big picture is the FO has failed miserably drafting those positions year after year and are dependent on FA's to make up for the incompetency. Thats a shame.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1910
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    nwHawk wrote:
    How much would Zach Ertz cost if the Eagles traded him and his contract?
    Zach Ertz’s contract structure at this stage means the Eagles would have the same dead money if they released or traded him. Therefore, in a trade, the Eagles would be left with $7.77 million in dead money.

    The team acquiring Ertz would take on his $8.5 million in salary.

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/zach-ertz-contract-details-salary-bonuses/


    I was wrong posting the full $12mil, but the Hawks would still be on the hook for $8.5 million, which is a lot for a guy coming off his worst season filled with injuries. I don't dislike Zach, I'm just tired of overpaying for past performances to hope to create a stud TE experience. I'm not sure that's the best way to use $8.5 million and a draft pick.


    Please it’s $4.7 million, why are you making this harder than it is, GO to OTC & look it up & understand the rules. They have 2 TE’s signed and are exploring options for the 3rd TE! They haven’t traded for Ertz yet so nobody knows the price but Philly could pay Seattle or Indy to take Ertz off the books & keep the dead cap hit in years 2021,2022,2023 vs having all 3 years dead cap hit in 2021.
    Ertz probably isn’t worth $4.7 million after his 2020 performance but Seattle wants a Veteran TE on the 53 man roster. They kept TE Luke Wilson on the roster last year!



    Maybe you should have read the article before replying. Then you would realize Ertz previously restructured his contract twice creating 2 more years of dead money. The prorated bonus money in those void years will accelerate.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 1799
    Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 pm


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:22 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:So the team has a gazillion TE's and they want to go out and waste money or picks on another one? Will this FO never learn?


    My thinking, exactly.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3412
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:46 am


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:14 pm
  • Didnt graham set records as a tight end here?
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3928
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:20 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Didnt graham set records as a tight end here?


    Again, that was a really low bar.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1910
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Didnt graham set records as a tight end here?


    He performed perfectly well in the passing game, had one of his best years in 2017, and has done no better since he left to go to more pass-heavy offenses.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4474
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • This is about the Eagles contacting the Seahawks trying to shop Ertz. Why is everyone getting worked as if it was the other way around?
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 568
    Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:47 pm


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:27 pm
  • OrangeGravy wrote:This is about the Eagles contacting the Seahawks trying to shop Ertz. Why is everyone getting worked as if it was the other way around?

    Good point.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 33446
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:31 pm
  • $8.5 mil + on another TE that will be ill used as per usual in a Seahawks O?

    Is Ertz even healthy?
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 7578
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:57 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:$8.5 mil + on another TE that will be ill used as per usual in a Seahawks O?

    Is Ertz even healthy?


    I think its probably fair to expect a bit better usage of tight ends with Waldron and Dickerson coming in.

    For what its worth, I dont think Ertz is worth that. They could probably get him for cheap or even get another asset in the trade, because taking on that contract would be a service to the Eagles.

    Ertz could be a starting point towards getting a trade done that could include Andre Dillard on the cheap.

    Either way - I'd say this all hinges on whether Russ wants Ertz. If he is excited at the prospect of adding him, go for it.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4474
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:$8.5 mil + on another TE that will be ill used as per usual in a Seahawks O?

    Is Ertz even healthy?


    I think its probably fair to expect a bit better usage of tight ends with Waldron and Dickerson coming in.

    For what its worth, I dont think Ertz is worth that. They could probably get him for cheap or even get another asset in the trade, because taking on that contract would be a service to the Eagles.

    Ertz could be a starting point towards getting a trade done that could include Andre Dillard on the cheap.

    Either way - I'd say this all hinges on whether Russ wants Ertz. If he is excited at the prospect of adding him, go for it.

    If they really want Ertz, they'll probably wait until he's released. He's oft injured lately and I think that's why the Eagles are trying to package him with other players. He's the type of player we talk about now, then if he doesn't get traded to someone, we hear about John scooping him up for cheap after the Eagles are forced to cut him.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 568
    Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:47 pm


  • I like your thinking on this Orange. Personally I think he's an overpriced has been who spends far too much time recently in the trainer's rooms.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 7578
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm


  • nwHawk wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    nwHawk wrote:
    How much would Zach Ertz cost if the Eagles traded him and his contract?
    Zach Ertz’s contract structure at this stage means the Eagles would have the same dead money if they released or traded him. Therefore, in a trade, the Eagles would be left with $7.77 million in dead money.

    The team acquiring Ertz would take on his $8.5 million in salary.

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/zach-ertz-contract-details-salary-bonuses/


    I was wrong posting the full $12mil, but the Hawks would still be on the hook for $8.5 million, which is a lot for a guy coming off his worst season filled with injuries. I don't dislike Zach, I'm just tired of overpaying for past performances to hope to create a stud TE experience. I'm not sure that's the best way to use $8.5 million and a draft pick.


    Please it’s $4.7 million, why are you making this harder than it is, GO to OTC & look it up & understand the rules. They have 2 TE’s signed and are exploring options for the 3rd TE! They haven’t traded for Ertz yet so nobody knows the price but Philly could pay Seattle or Indy to take Ertz off the books & keep the dead cap hit in years 2021,2022,2023 vs having all 3 years dead cap hit in 2021.
    Ertz probably isn’t worth $4.7 million after his 2020 performance but Seattle wants a Veteran TE on the 53 man roster. They kept TE Luke Wilson on the roster last year!



    Maybe you should have read the article before replying. Then you would realize Ertz previously restructured his contract twice creating 2 more years of dead money. The prorated bonus money in those void years will accelerate.


    What? The acquiring team doesn’t inherit that $$! Those 2 years of dead money are the reason Philly doesn’t cut Ertz, if they cut Ertz the dead money from future years accelerates to the current year.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 595
    Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 am


  • jammerhawk wrote:I like your thinking on this Orange. Personally I think he's an overpriced has been who spends far too much time recently in the trainer's rooms.


    Cmon Jammerhawk it’s &4.7 Million if Philly can find a trade partner! But why would anyone pay $4.7 Million to Ertz?
    Philly wants to trade him because a cut will result in dead cap $$ from 2022 & 2023 to be moved to 2021.

    Philly is trying to convince someone Ertz is worth $4.7, if he was a trade would have happened by now. Why would Seattle trade for a guy that’s not worth $4.7 million? They wouldn’t unless Philly is making it worth while to Seattle.

    What does Seattle need? Draft picks & Offensive Lineman!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 595
    Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 am


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:24 pm
  • Ertz would be an upgrade to Dissley and Hollister. We paid $7m for Olsen. Ertz for less than $5m seems like a deal. He missed some time in 2020 but othwrwise has played in 14 or more games all his other seasons. I would consider moving on from Hollister and seeingt what Parkison can do as a 3rd TE for much cheaper. Our new OC would be happy to have a weapon like Ertz.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner
     
    Posts: 5214
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:38 am
    Location: Renton, WA


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:53 am
  • We don't need another move TE. Our QB can't see the short middle.
    Own The West
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 472
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:20 pm


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:01 pm
  • and it just continues...…...
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17142
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:06 pm
  • FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:I like your thinking on this Orange. Personally I think he's an overpriced has been who spends far too much time recently in the trainer's rooms.


    Cmon Jammerhawk it’s &4.7 Million if Philly can find a trade partner! But why would anyone pay $4.7 Million to Ertz?
    Philly wants to trade him because a cut will result in dead cap $$ from 2022 & 2023 to be moved to 2021.

    Philly is trying to convince someone Ertz is worth $4.7, if he was a trade would have happened by now. Why would Seattle trade for a guy that’s not worth $4.7 million? They wouldn’t unless Philly is making it worth while to Seattle.

    What does Seattle need? Draft picks & Offensive Lineman!


    It depends on what the consideration is for the trade as to whether this would be worth it. Ertz WAS a good TE, a few seasons ago, but has been rather ineffective recently being often injured. If he's healthy it could be worth it, but if not then a hard pass for me. The team significantly overpaid for Olsen who once again was injured for a good portion of the year.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 7578
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm


  • I wonder if this package would work.

    Philadelphia receives:
    DT Jarran Reed
    WR David Moore
    Seattle 2022 4th Round Pick (from Jets)

    Seattle receives:
    TE Zach Ertz
    OT Andre Dillard

    I'd be willing to throw Jamarco Jones in instead of Moore if they wanted him instead. Dillard has been rumored to be on the block before.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4474
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • Maelstrom787 wrote:I wonder if this package would work.

    Philadelphia receives:
    DT Jarran Reed
    WR David Moore
    Seattle 2022 4th Round Pick (from Jets)

    Seattle receives:
    TE Zach Ertz
    OT Andre Dillard

    I'd be willing to throw Jamarco Jones in instead of Moore if they wanted him instead. Dillard has been rumored to be on the block before.


    Moore is a UFA I believe, so you would have to.

    Philly wouldn't accept this trade because they are trying to dump salary not take on more. They would have no interest in Jarran Reed for that reason. Philly is currently $47M over the cap.

    You're on the right track though. The Seahawks do need to trade Reed, save some cap space and add picks to the few they have in 2021.

    I wouldn't trade for Ertz. He will be cut.

    Seattle needs to stop overpaying for JAGs.
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3042
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


  • We do not need him, did just fine last season without Olsen playing given how they used the TE last season, Parkinson and Wilson with Dissly and Hollister will work. If we use pass catching more then blocking it still will work.

    There is better use of resources then for trading for a don't need.

    Those saying we need Vet, Dissley and Wilson are Vets..................So is Hollister and now Parkinson.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 34951
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Fade wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:I wonder if this package would work.

    Philadelphia receives:
    DT Jarran Reed
    WR David Moore
    Seattle 2022 4th Round Pick (from Jets)

    Seattle receives:
    TE Zach Ertz
    OT Andre Dillard

    I'd be willing to throw Jamarco Jones in instead of Moore if they wanted him instead. Dillard has been rumored to be on the block before.


    Moore is a UFA I believe, so you would have to.

    Philly wouldn't accept this trade because they are trying to dump salary not take on more. They would have no interest in Jarran Reed for that reason. Philly is currently $47M over the cap.

    You're on the right track though. The Seahawks do need to trade Reed, save some cap space and add picks to the few they have in 2021.

    I wouldn't trade for Ertz. He will be cut.

    Seattle needs to stop overpaying for JAGs.


    Good catch. Not sure why I was thinking Moore had one more year. Derp.

    My thinking was that they'd be trying to move Fletcher Cox sometime during this offseason, and providing them a replacement in Reed helps them fill the hole with around 12 or 13 million in net cap savings, plus whatever Ertz saves them.

    Mostly I just wanna get rid of Reed to clear the way for Mone/Lattimore/a roster filler, and Dillard excites me as a buy-low option that could end up flourishing depending on how familiar Waldron's scheme looks compared to what it'd be expected to look like.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4474
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware




It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online