Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freeing up cap space?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Freeing up cap space?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:32 pm
  • Whats the plan? Cut Lockett? Cut Adams?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: Freeing up cap space?
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:08 pm
  • Trading Wagner, Adams, and Reed would open up about $32M in cap space.

Jordyn Brooks replaces Wagner
    Marquise Blair replaces Adams

They can create about $45M in cap room if they're able to agree on some extensions.

Projected Cap Gains from extensions:

Carlos Dunlap $10,020,000
    Tyler Lockett $8,968,000
    Duane Brown $7,420,000
    Jamal Adams $7,096,000
    Quandre Diggs $3,568,000
    Brandon Shell $1,668,000
    Jarran Reed $6,068,000
    Tre Flowers $1,010,400

Also:
    massari
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:08 pm
  • Might be the biggest debate of the offseason. Something has to give. Question is do the Hawks sacrifice '21 to make another super bowl push in '22, or try to skate by.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:13 pm
  • I wouldn't get rid of Adam's. He's a dog with a killer's mentality. DK is turning into the offense's dog.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:29 pm
  • massari wrote:Trading Wagner, Adams, and Reed would open up about $32M in cap space.

Jordyn Brooks replaces Wagner
    Marquise Blair replaces Adams

They can create about $45M in cap room if they're able to agree on some extensions.

Projected Cap Gains from extensions:

Carlos Dunlap $10,020,000
    Tyler Lockett $8,968,000
    Duane Brown $7,420,000
    Jamal Adams $7,096,000
    Quandre Diggs $3,568,000
    Brandon Shell $1,668,000
    Jarran Reed $6,068,000
    Tre Flowers $1,010,400

Also:

Corbin isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed! I enjoy his film break down but he clearly doesn’t get it when it comes to team management.
    The Salary Cap is not an issue for the Seahawks, pundits are making it an issue so they can write stories about it! The issues for Seattle are performance & talent related! Is Lockett worth a 3rd contract? If he is sign him, if not trade him or cut him. Same goes for Brown, Diggs, Reed, etc.. Seattle has $87 Million on the books for 2022 5th most cap space in the league with star QB & LB signed = best cap situation in the league!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:55 pm
  • Why is Adams ever mentioned?
    We JUST traded 2 firsts and a third for him knowing what his future earnings would be.
    The defense finally made it's turnaround and he's comfortable.
    Unless John has a whole deck let alone A single solitary card up his sleeve, this is worthless to mention.
    The Breh
    NET Starter

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:55 pm
  • Currently 5 million in cap space
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:12 pm
  • FresnoHawk68 wrote:...The Salary Cap is not an issue for the Seahawks, pundits are making it an issue so they can write stories about it! The issues for Seattle are performance & talent related! Is Lockett worth a 3rd contract? If he is sign him, if not trade him or cut him. Same goes for Brown, Diggs, Reed, etc...

Bravo sir! How much a player will be worth to a team is the primary factor when looking at the possible signings.
    flv
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:57 pm
  • Every time I see Adams mentioned to be released or traded I just shake my head. Why would anybody want to do that?
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:09 pm
  • JayhawkMike wrote:Every time I see Adams mentioned to be released or traded I just shake my head. Why would anybody want to do that?

Because spending $15m-$20m a year on a safety who isn't elite in coverage is a huge mistake, at least for a team with as many holes as this one. It's not a good use of resources, in my opinion, and this off-season is the last chance to move him for value otherwise you either 1) pay him a huge sum of money to make him the highest paid safety in the league, which he'll surely demand or 2) let him walk when you can't come to terms and you settle for a comp pick.

I think the trade was a mistake, and I don't think he fits the Seahawks scheme particularly well, certainly not worth how much money he will demand. The Hawks made that trade (presumably) knowing they could move him for value if they couldn't extend him, so I at least hope they're setting a firm price and would look up trade if they know he wants more.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:29 pm
  • What Pinksheets said. 20m for a box safety is insane. Especially with all the other holes on the team. If you can recoup one of those firsts (or more) I think they should to do it. He belongs in a 34 besides.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:06 pm
  • You guys say box safety as if Jamal is a dynamic playmaker and honestly the only player on the defense people have to gameplan around. I'm not saying he's worth 20 million but he's a little more the a "Box Safety"
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:38 pm
  • I only mentioned it because it can save 10 mill in cap space.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:01 pm
  • The worst contract on the team right now is Jarran Reed, and they have an out.

Apart from that, significant space can be created with extensions and the ol' signing bonus trick.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:45 pm
  • Jamal probably hits 15 sacks and is in DPOY consideration if he stays healthy last season
    misfit
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:59 am
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:The worst contract on the team right now is Jarran Reed, and they have an out.

Apart from that, significant space can be created with extensions and the ol' signing bonus trick.

8 million freed up if you cut Reed, unfortunately i don't think your finding his replacement for that. I actually thought Reed played well last year. I'd let him try to ball out in a contract year for 8 million.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:12 am
  • getnasty wrote:8 million freed up if you cut Reed, unfortunately i don't think your finding his replacement for that.

That could be Leonard Williams' 2021 cap hit after a long term signing.

massari
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:59 am
  • getnasty wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:The worst contract on the team right now is Jarran Reed, and they have an out.

8 million freed up if you cut Reed, unfortunately i don't think your finding his replacement for that. I actually thought Reed played well last year. I'd let him try to ball out in a contract year for 8 million.

8 million for Reed is ridiculous. Ford and Mone both outplayed him last year. Mone has the flexibility to play 0/1/3T and Ford is likely the best DL on the team. Reed can be replaced by giving Mone more snaps and signing some cheap depth to back those two up.

I'd rather he be traded, but either way, his salary is a bit silly compared to his level of play. He's way overvalued because of his sack total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:50 am
  • I'm normally opposed to restructures and overly back loaded extensions. It's one of the few areas where the interests of the front office and the long-term fanbase are not aligned, as I plan on remaining a season ticket holder long after Pete and John are both gone. Whether the cap is expected to go up in the future or not is a red herring, because in any case we are still borrowing against our future potential at a poor rate of return.

One exception this season could be if there are unusually good long-term deals to be had in free agency due to the scarcity of cap space around the league. There's a pretty long list of good players who are likely to be released due to cap concerns in addition to an already existing strong group of free agents, and not many teams have the cap space to pursue these players. I wouldn't like seeing the front office spend future cap on a bunch of one year deals, but if we could borrow from the future to get somebody like Leonard Williams at a reduced price on a long-term deal then that becomes an investment rather than bad future cap management.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:34 am
  • getnasty wrote:You guys say box safety as if Jamal is a dynamic playmaker and honestly the only player on the defense people have to gameplan around. I'm not saying he's worth 20 million but he's a little more the a "Box Safety"

With the Seahawks he had a bad coverage grade, and the film backs this up. The teams "gameplanned" all right. Put him in coverage, and torch him over and over.

Also too having to blitz him 10x a game because he can't cover, whelp, he only gets home on 10% of his rushes, which also means they are in a coverage deficit on 90% of his blitzes.

He is a square peg in a round hole, unless they want to convert to a Todd Bowles esque 3-4. (Not happening.) He doesn't fit. Costs a lot, and was injured a lot.

Trade him now, while he still has value.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:11 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    getnasty wrote:You guys say box safety as if Jamal is a dynamic playmaker and honestly the only player on the defense people have to gameplan around. I'm not saying he's worth 20 million but he's a little more the a "Box Safety"

With the Seahawks he had a bad coverage grade, and the film backs this up. The teams "gameplanned" all right. Put him in coverage, and torch him over and over.

Also too having to blitz him 10x a game because he can't cover, whelp, he only gets home on 10% of his rushes, which also means they are in a coverage deficit on 90% of his blitzes.

He is a square peg in a round hole, unless they want to convert to a Todd Bowles esque 3-4. (Not happening.) He doesn't fit. Costs a lot, and was injured a lot.

I've always thought that trading 2 first rounders for an inbox safety was a really stupid trade. Especially when the team had problems on the D-Line and O-Line that needed to be addressed. The Adams trade going forward is really going to hamstring the Hawks ability to build the roster.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:30 am
  • Fade wrote:
    getnasty wrote:You guys say box safety as if Jamal is a dynamic playmaker and honestly the only player on the defense people have to gameplan around. I'm not saying he's worth 20 million but he's a little more the a "Box Safety"

Yes.

I would rather attempt to build a d line that can get home slowing us to keep 7 defenders in coverage.

This felt like a gimmick home run swing because we couldn’t find DL help.

I share the concern that we will throw good money after bad because we gave up so much. If we do that, pay 16+ on top of what we gave up, we pretty much have to blitz him all game long because we won’t have money for DL and because blitzing is arguably his best attribute.

So as you say, 90% of the time we are in a coverage deficit where we have less defenders back or we have a DE dropping. Most teams figured out how to deal with this easily this year.

I don’t like it if he was super healthy and he wasn’t. Even some games he played he wasn’t healthy enough to maximize his impact.

I can’t believe there are fans out there who weren’t terrified when they saw him in coverage. Especially deep. Not just his hands, his spatial awareness and body control with the ball in the air were conspicuously poor.

Prime Kam fit this D and didn’t blitz much but made the entire short middle a no fly zone, and could also play the ball. If this were prime Kam I’d be anguished about how to keep him. Adams I just pray they don’t let egos dictate we pay big. I’d be fine with whatever a trade brought back.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:26 pm
  • Adams was playing injured and was clearly the best defensive player on the team...He is only 25years old and you guys want to get rid of him... :pukeface:
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:01 pm
  • "Torched over and over"

What a friggen stretch of an observation... not to mention he was playing with multiple injuries.
    balakoth
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:16 pm
  • massari wrote:
    getnasty wrote:8 million freed up if you cut Reed, unfortunately i don't think your finding his replacement for that.

That could be Leonard Williams' 2021 cap hit after a long term signing.

PFF as him signing a 4 year 80 millon doller deal. If 8 is next year then you have 72 over the next 3. I realize it's not all guaranteed but yikes.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:29 pm
  • misfit wrote:Jamal probably hits 15 sacks and is in DPOY consideration if he stays healthy last season

This is correct.

Are you guys insane? He is exactly what you want in this defense
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:41 pm
  • acer1240 wrote:
    misfit wrote:Jamal probably hits 15 sacks and is in DPOY consideration if he stays healthy last season

This is correct.

I want to create pressure rushing 4 and a safety whose greatest weakness isn't coverage.

Jamal is extremely talented, and he makes splash plays here, but he's not worth what he'll cost, at least in this scheme. If they want to convert to a 3-4 or a hybrid, ok, but having a safety whose weakness is coverage in Pete's scheme isn't worth the inevitable pricetag just to get sacks from an unblocked blitzer.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:07 pm
  • acer1240 wrote:
    misfit wrote:Jamal probably hits 15 sacks and is in DPOY consideration if he stays healthy last season

This is correct.

Marquise Blair can blitz too, if healthy.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:50 pm
  • This is insane.

"Box safety"

You know Kam was a box safety right? Never had 9 sacks in a season. Dam good safety.

Adams is nowhere near as bad as most of you say in coverage. He dropped some pics, but had consistently tight coverage on close plays. I have come to terms with poor coaching of db's in general in the whole nfl and college. No one in the league plays the ball and no one turns their head when covering. Not even the best supposed cb Ramsey does it.

I have been saying since the season began to switch to a 34. They would use less lineman and and more lbs. Adam's is a linebacker. Rolb or lolb. Ok in coverage, better at blitzing and playing in the backfield. Let neal and diggs play the back end. Think about Adam's, wags, wright and brooks all around the line of scrimmage in base d. That would be crazy.

Our dline and pressuring the qb is great. They got better as the season wore on. They will be fine. The only reason anybody still wants to bring it up is because the seahawks didnt trade for their favorite available dlineman and instead got a great safety.

Restructure a few higher paid. Sign carson back at lowely 8 million. Fact that some of you call that high is ridiculous for our most productive back in 5 years.

Let griffin walk, release brown, dunlap and jarran reed or get what you can in trade. Draft only oline and cb.

We will be fine.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:38 am
  • Adams had injuries to his hands and shoulders and could not raise his arms, without severe pain, lets see how many passes you catch.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:00 am
  • Lmao. Let Adams go. I love coming here for the comedy. He’s the best defensive player on the team. You can say what you want about pass coverage....

You can scheme him so many ways. IDC if he’s essentially at OLB...keep another safety back if he’s blitzing.

Not even worth the comment. It’s not something the Seahawks are considering. Not happening. This is about as likely to happen as us getting Deshaun Watson to back up Russ
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:49 pm
  • Elemas wrote:Lmao. Let Adams go. I love coming here for the comedy. He’s the best defensive player on the team. You can say what you want about pass coverage....

You can scheme him so many ways. IDC if he’s essentially at OLB...keep another safety back if he’s blitzing.

Not even worth the comment. It’s not something the Seahawks are considering. Not happening. This is about as likely to happen as us getting Deshaun Watson to back up Russ

If we don't get smarter with our resources, we'll continue to get worked in the trenches by our divisional rivals and watch the window close. If Pete thinks a blitzing safety is where we should make a huge investment, that's his call, but it'll strap us elsewhere is all I'm saying. It's throwing good money after bad - we'll have given up a huge amount of draft capital, a huge amount of cap space, and a starting quality safety and have little room to better protect Russell or get back to being able to get consistent pressure with 4. It'll likely continue to be more of getting dink and dunked down the field and the Rams/9ers D-lines eating us for lunch.

I don't think strong safety is the most important position on the defense, but I guess Pete does.

If we pay him to be the highest paid safety in the league, we damn well better overhaul the defensive scheme to center around his skillset.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:31 pm
  • I’m not sure it’s the most important position either. I’m more inclined to say a top tier Edge, shut down corner, or a disruptive DT. Obviously, they’re all important.

But...do we honestly believe we traded the capital we gave up for Adams to not resign him? I don’t think that for a minute. I’d be extremely shocked if this was our intent. It’s not logical.

But, stranger things have happened.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:07 pm
  • Elemas wrote:I’m not sure it’s the most important position either. I’m more inclined to say a top tier Edge, shut down corner, or a disruptive DT. Obviously, they’re all important.

But...do we honestly believe we traded the capital we gave up for Adams to not resign him? I don’t think that for a minute. I’d be extremely shocked if this was our intent. It’s not logical.

Oh, I agree. I think it's unlikely they handed such a huge haul to the Jets if they didn't think, even if wrongly, that he's a major or THE major piece to have a top defense. I hope they made that trade thinking, "if all else fails, we can still flip him to recoup some value" - especially if they find his contract demands are where I think they're likely to be.

The best organizations make tough moves and cut losses when needed. I think we should use our resources elsewhere than strong safety (and frankly, that we overpaid already), but that we need to make more moves that require more flexibility and maybe we're further away than they thought when making such a "win now" move. I hope they at least don't make a decision on Jamal based on the sunk cost.

He's an outstanding player - I love his attitude and his ability to make big splash plays and think he'll be a top safety in the league, especially in a scheme that suits his abilities more. My thoughts on him are purely about cost - both salary cap and opportunity cost. We've got very little wiggle room to improve right now given our extremely limited draft capital, so our options are:

1. Largely stand pay and make some minor moves this off-season, trying to make the most of our few picks and signing some cheap FAs.
    2. Go further into "win now" mode by restructuring deals to make space at the cost of finding ourselves in increasingly difficult positions next year and after.
    3. Make some tough calls this year, try to pick up more draft capital through trades, and free up cap space without putting it on loan to focus on OL and DL. There's a decent safety market in FA this year, too, making the Adams trade even less appealing to me in hindsight.

I prefer option 3, but I get it. Adams is a superstar, and I get why people want him on the team. I do, too - I just want other things more.

Going to be really interesting what moves they make. I have a hard time seeing a scenario other than option 3 where Russ isn't more discontented and leaning further out the door next year, but I'll hope for the best whatever way the team goes.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:26 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    Elemas wrote:I’m not sure it’s the most important position either. I’m more inclined to say a top tier Edge, shut down corner, or a disruptive DT. Obviously, they’re all important.

Oh, I agree. I think it's unlikely they handed such a huge haul to the Jets if they didn't think, even if wrongly, that he's a major or THE major piece to have a top defense. I hope they made that trade thinking, "if all else fails, we can still flip him to recoup some value" - especially if they find his contract demands are where I think they're likely to be.

The best organizations make tough moves and cut losses when needed. I think we should use our resources elsewhere than strong safety (and frankly, that we overpaid already), but that we need to make more moves that require more flexibility and maybe we're further away than they thought when making such a "win now" move. I hope they at least don't make a decision on Jamal based on the sunk cost.

He's an outstanding player - I love his attitude and his ability to make big splash plays and think he'll be a top safety in the league, especially in a scheme that suits his abilities more. My thoughts on him are purely about cost - both salary cap and opportunity cost. We've got very little wiggle room to improve right now given our extremely limited draft capital, so our options are:

1. Largely stand pay and make some minor moves this off-season, trying to make the most of our few picks and signing some cheap FAs.
    2. Go further into "win now" mode by restructuring deals to make space at the cost of finding ourselves in increasingly difficult positions next year and after.
    3. Make some tough calls this year, try to pick up more draft capital through trades, and free up cap space without putting it on loan to focus on OL and DL. There's a decent safety market in FA this year, too, making the Adams trade even less appealing to me in hindsight.

I prefer option 3, but I get it. Adams is a superstar, and I get why people want him on the team. I do, too - I just want other things more.

Going to be really interesting what moves they make. I have a hard time seeing a scenario other than option 3 where Russ isn't more discontented and leaning further out the door next year, but I'll hope for the best whatever way the team goes.

I appreciate your response! It’s easy to get “nasty” here. I do understand your perspective and perhaps it would be best to go that way.
    I do stand by my statement about giving up all that capital...just to let him go. I get the feeling we’re content on D and likely won’t make many moves on that side of the ball. NOT that we don’t need it but....

I’ve always believed in building from the line up. There are a lot of instances in the history of the NFL with teams building from there and having great success. Maybe that model doesn’t “fit” today’s game as much but, I’d like to think it does.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:08 pm
  • I think they could trade BW &/or RW! It starts there for me.
    Reed could also be traded and we could sign someone else like Leonard Williams. Seahawks have already spoken to 4 DT draft prospects.

Lockett 3rd contract is always sketchy.

Brown had a great year in 2020. 2021 should be good but what about 2022? Should we acquire Trent Williams & trade D. Brown?

Carlos Dunlap is going to get cut saving us $14 Million. With 4 young DE’s on the roster it would be wise to wait till April to add a Veteran DE on the cheap.

Diggs? Amadi sure looks like a FS to me.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:27 am
  • I definitely want to keep Adams, just not as safety. I think we make a change in scheme and create a position for Adams, replacing him at safety with the best cover guy on our team in Blaire.
    Reed would be the most replaceable of our higher cap guys.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:35 pm
  • If Russ is so concerned about getting more superstars, why doesn't he take a voluntary pay cut like Brady did? Why is this so rarely discussed?
    WarHawks
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 pm
  • Because we tend to pee cap space away on overpriced aging vets or overpay for middle-of-the-road players.

There is no reason for Wilson to give up compensation so it can be wasted on middle-tier or usually bottom-tier FAs.

We had cap room last year. Look at what we spent it on.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:07 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Because we tend to pee cap space away on overpriced aging vets or overpay for middle-of-the-road players.

There is no reason for Wilson to give up compensation so it can be wasted on middle-tier or usually bottom-tier FAs.

We had cap room last year. Look at what we spent it on.

2021 was easily anticipated years ago as the year to “go after it” in Free Agency! COVID-19 amplified the opportunity for Seattle. 2020 was not the year to sign big contracts, 2021 is far better! Trent Williams, Joe Thuney, Corey Linsey, Jonnu Smith, when have you seen that type of Talent on the market?
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:28 pm
  • Can a Mod rename this thread Madden 2021 please.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:13 pm
  • jamescasey1124 wrote:This is insane.

"Box safety"

You know Kam was a box safety right? Never had 9 sacks in a season. Dam good safety.

Adams is nowhere near as bad as most of you say in coverage. He dropped some pics, but had consistently tight coverage on close plays. I have come to terms with poor coaching of db's in general in the whole nfl and college. No one in the league plays the ball and no one turns their head when covering. Not even the best supposed cb Ramsey does it.

I have been saying since the season began to switch to a 34. They would use less lineman and and more lbs. Adam's is a linebacker. Rolb or lolb. Ok in coverage, better at blitzing and playing in the backfield. Let neal and diggs play the back end. Think about Adam's, wags, wright and brooks all around the line of scrimmage in base d. That would be crazy.

Our dline and pressuring the qb is great. They got better as the season wore on. They will be fine. The only reason anybody still wants to bring it up is because the seahawks didnt trade for their favorite available dlineman and instead got a great safety.

Restructure a few higher paid. Sign carson back at lowely 8 million. Fact that some of you call that high is ridiculous for our most productive back in 5 years.

Let griffin walk, release brown, dunlap and jarran reed or get what you can in trade. Draft only oline and cb.

We will be fine.
    Kam made the box a no go zone, could cover without looking lost (not talking just hands but also spatial awareness and body control with ball in the air), was healthy until the end, and, most importantly, never cost upwards of 16 mil.

I might take Adams for Kam money, although the injuries make even that dicey. But to compare the two as if they were the same situation despite contract values, skill sets, and injuries is laughable and that doesn’t even cover the switching to 3-4 and madden scenarios in the post.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:53 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:
    jamescasey1124 wrote:This is insane.

"Box safety"

We will be fine.
    Kam made the box a no go zone, could cover without looking lost (not talking just hands but also spatial awareness and body control with ball in the air), was healthy until the end, and, most importantly, never cost upwards of 16 mil.

I might take Adams for Kam money, although the injuries make even that dicey. But to compare the two as if they were the same situation despite contract values, skill sets, and injuries is laughable and that doesn’t even cover the switching to 3-4 and madden scenarios in the post.

Your wrong too. Kam wasnt the best in coverage either. He definitely had some plays he could of made instead of looking for the hit first. The secondary still got sliced and diced on occasion by really good tes to Kams side of the field. Both kam and Adam's can play outside linebacker cause both of them have in higher db packages. The coverage skills is what separates them, however if Adam's doesnt have several dropped interceptions this year everyone would be singing the different tune. Adam's has also made the box a no go zone. While not in hitting, but in ability which he has over kam. He is always around the play. Not a big hit here and there, but play after play around the ball. Specially behind the line of scrimmage. Oh...and dont assume you know more than anyone. I dont just play madden and come in here to rant. I'm really not any good at madden so I dont play much. I watch the games homie. Every play. Adams is worth the money and can play down permanently.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:48 pm
  • WarHawks wrote:If Russ is so concerned about getting more superstars, why doesn't he take a voluntary pay cut like Brady did? Why is this so rarely discussed?

Because Seattle will just blow it on JAGs. They spent $50M on JAGs last off-season. They had cap space. They had draft picks, wasted them on a box safety. They blew it.

The problem with the Seahawks hasn't been their lack of resources, it's been their horrible allocation of said resources. Then obtuse fans get pissed off and blame the QB for not being perfect on a snap to snap basis in a predictable, dinosaur scheme, behind a poorly built O-Line.

Rinse/Repeat for going on 6 seasons now. Pete's answer to this is to just keep on keeping on. Wilson doesn't want to go though it again. He wants change. He isn't insane.

Tom Brady's cap hit in 2020: $28M
    Wilson's cap hit in 2020: $31M

What would the Seahawks have down with a measly $3M difference to put them over TB, GB, & the Rams this season?

This argument is lazy, and allows Pete to get away with his mismanagement of the roster year after year.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:56 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information