Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is your allegiance?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

Would you stop being a Seahawks fan if Wilson was traded,

Yes
6%
No
91%
Undecided, depends what the return is
4%

Total votes : 109

Where is your allegiance?
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:17 pm
  • If Wilson is moved will you question following this team any further? Cheer for the team he goes too? Hate Pete Carroll more than you already do?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: Where is your allegiance?
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:22 pm
  • Of course not and that goes for any player or coach.

Edit: The only thing that could get me to remove or change my allegiance would be gross negligence at the ownership level. I'm not sure I would've endured, for example, as a Dallas fan through all of the Jerry years. Ownership that threatens to move the team often to hold the city hostage or someone like Jerry and it would be tough to hang on after too long.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:44 pm
  • This is not even a thought for most of us, we suffered through Behring yet here we are, we suffered through Erickson and Flores and Mora, yet here we are.

We won't like it possibly but we will be here, because we are Team Fans not player Fans, we can be a fan of a player on the team how ever and be a fan of a player on another team.

These other types are what we call Flighty Fans, then you have Band Wagon Fans.

We have seen them come and go in many cycles over the years.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:37 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:This is not even a thought for most of us, we suffered through Behring yet here we are, we suffered through Erickson and Flores and Mora, yet here we are.

We won't like it possibly but we will be here, because we are Team Fans not player Fans, we can be a fan of a player on the team how ever and be a fan of a player on another team.

These other types are what we call Flighty Fans, then you have Band Wagon Fans.

We have seen them come and go in many cycles over the years.

I call them NBA fans. Follow players only and never watch actual games, only youtube highlights and twitter clips. It's the reason I have always hated fantasy football. It breeds these types of fans. Thankfully football isn't really a game that willow too much of that.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:46 pm
  • I'll never stop being a fan.

If they move Russ and we slide back into mediocrity or worse (we would), I'd probably not make every Hawks game the center of my Sunday plans every week. And, especially if that trade were proven disastrous by Russ killing it elsewhere, I'd probably be a strong advocate for cleaning house, and once done, I'd be back to following every detail of the rebuild like I did with Pete.

Just like the M's, I'll be a ride or die fan, but disastrous incompetence would impact how proactive I am about giving my free time to consuming the product to some degree.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:46 pm
  • I am a Seahawks fan, not a Russell Wilson fan.
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:50 pm
  • There’s an article on Yahoo news interviewed June Jones who said of KC offense all the motions, movements etc... it’s from the 1960’s run & shoot offenses. Nothing’s new! Lots of people saying Pete is old and outdated and made a bad call stepping in on Russ cook offense.

Nothing better than experience, Pete stepped in when we were on a 3 game losing streak & RW couldn’t hit an Elephant on the 50 yard line, that’s when Pete said we need to run the ball.

Seahawks Organization, GM Schneider, & Head Coach Carroll best overall Team in the league. Cant wait to be rid of RW, I’m sick of the nonsense!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:05 pm
  • FresnoHawk68 wrote:There’s an article on Yahoo news interviewed June Jones who said of KC offense all the motions, movements etc... it’s from the 1960’s run & shoot offenses. Nothing’s new! Lots of people saying Pete is old and outdated and made a bad call stepping in on Russ cook offense.

Nothing better than experience, Pete stepped in when we were on a 3 game losing streak & RW couldn’t hit an Elephant on the 50 yard line, that’s when Pete said we need to run the ball.

Seahawks Organization, GM Schneider, & Head Coach Carroll best overall Team in the league. Cant wait to be rid of RW, I’m sick of the nonsense!

Curious where this mysterious 3 game losing streak is you speak of

And all I see is a coach that keeps going back in time to 2013 over and over again thinking he has the LOB and Lynch when he really doesnt
    misfit
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:33 pm
  • misfit wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:There’s an article on Yahoo news interviewed June Jones who said of KC offense all the motions, movements etc... it’s from the 1960’s run & shoot offenses. Nothing’s new! Lots of people saying Pete is old and outdated and made a bad call stepping in on Russ cook offense.

And all I see is a coach that keeps going back in time to 2013 over and over again thinking he has the LOB and Lynch when he really doesnt

The same place where the Elephant is! RW was throwing interceptions he was seeing ghost as one pundit stated. That’s when Pete stepped in. Don’t forget RW stunk it up in the playoffs against the Rams.

RW sucks!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:42 pm
  • FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    misfit wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:There’s an article on Yahoo news interviewed June Jones who said of KC offense all the motions, movements etc... it’s from the 1960’s run & shoot offenses. Nothing’s new! Lots of people saying Pete is old and outdated and made a bad call stepping in on Russ cook offense.

The same place where the Elephant is! RW was throwing interceptions he was seeing ghost as one pundit stated. That’s when Pete stepped in. Don’t forget RW stunk it up in the playoffs against the Rams.

RW sucks!

Pete stunk it up too w/ another trash gameplan in the playoffs. It goes both ways
    misfit
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:57 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:I am a Seahawks fan, not a Russell Wilson fan.

Preach.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:29 pm
  • FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    misfit wrote:

RW sucks!

Fun fact. The Seahawks haven't had a 3 game regular losing streak since Russell has been in the league.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:53 pm
  • Team before players and coaches
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:28 pm
  • Team first. I echo many of the same comments already posted. Russ, no Russ, or any other player I will bleed blue and green until I kick the bucket.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:27 pm
  • Anyone that was a fan pre-Wilson will be a fan post. Otherwise you were never a fan at all, you were just a cheerleader.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:26 pm
  • Who the hell voted they won't be a fan if Wilson leaves? Why are you here then lol
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:55 pm
  • Seahawks fan 100% , no question.

It's strange, for as great as Russ has been for this franchise, there is little about him or his personality that would have me cheering for or against him elsewhere. Unlike some really authentic dudes like Marshawn and Bruce, who were easy guys to cheer for elsewhere.

Though aside from the Hawks and my alma mater I've tended to cheer for individuals rather than teams:Lebron, Serena, Iverson, Usain Bolt amongst others
    KinesProf
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:08 am
  • Seahawks forever.

But they will be trending towards being the Mariners. Arrogant org. that thinks more highly of themselves than what they are, that can't keep star players due to their incompetence and hubris.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:24 am
  • Welshers wrote:Who the hell voted they won't be a fan if Wilson leaves? Why are you here then lol

John63
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:13 am
  • Why in the hell would someone stop being a fan, regardless WHO they traded? Mad about a trade, sure, that happens. I would never stop being a fan, ever. Haven't missed a game since they started, and that will never change. Come on, you're either a fan or you're not.
    And it's hard to take much of anything seriously from some in here. I mean, we have someone who literally said that Russ sucks, and actually believes it. Think about that for a second. The same person who talked about a 3 game losing streak that never actually happened. Making up stuff daily doesn't make it fact :?
    I'm a Hawks fan first, always. But I'm also a Wilson fan. Why can't you be a fan of a team AND a player??? I'm a fan of quite a few Hawks players. But is this even a real debate? Stop being a fan of your team if a player gets traded? That's the ultimate definition of fake.
    Trading him would be next level stupid, just my opinion. But, you move on and cheer on the next guy. Even if you don't like their dumb decision. We have no control over the decisions. We don't have to like them, but you have no choice in the matter.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:23 am
  • I am undecided. If we dump the best QB in franchise history because he is tired of getting smacked around all year and get nothing in return, it could be enough to get me to stop watching football. I just don't know. Will have to wait and see.
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:28 am
  • He's my favorite player, it wouldn't sway my love for the team one bit. I'd be angry and voice my opinion at how stupid it was IF it happens. But we have seen plenty of dumb things before Pete and Russ got here, and we will in the future. That's sports, you agree w/some stuff and you hate other stuff.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:50 am
  • It's about the team , not celebrity players . They come and go .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:55 am
  • Norcalhawklover wrote:I am undecided. If we dump the best QB in franchise history because he is tired of getting smacked around all year and get nothing in return, it could be enough to get me to stop watching football. I just don't know. Will have to wait and see.

You framed it a better way. It would be tough to watch for sure, ultimately I would still watch out of habit. The repercussions of doing such a trade would be brutal.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:59 am
  • I was a fan of the Jim Mora team.

I'll be a fan if they go back to being hopeless, too.

I'll actually probably be more active in the draft forum and whatnot, because rebuilding is exciting. So many possibilities.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:05 am
  • I rooted for Stan Gelbaugh at QB for C's sake....

Next man up please, I ain't going anywhere.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:24 am
  • Its the Seattle Seahawks, not Seattle Wilsons!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:30 am
  • And in what world did he ever say it was the Seattle Wilson's? He has been the ultimate team player his entire career. He mentions one thing, that was TRUE about the O-Line, and now he somehow is a non-team player. Or he's not concentrating on football, or he should cut his salary down because Brady did blah blah blah.
    Typical to see yet another thread turn in to another Russ bash...…..geezus.
    It's clear that many want him traded and/or want him to fail :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:46 am
  • pretty simple was a Seahawks fan before Wilson and will be after. So I will root for the hawks all the time, root for Wilson except when he plays the Hawks.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:50 am
  • Welshers wrote:Who the hell voted they won't be a fan if Wilson leaves? Why are you here then lol

Probably someone who was an NC State or Wisconsin fan. They're only a fan because the Hawks drafted Wilson. When Wilson moves on. They won't have a reason to root for the team anymore.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:52 am
  • I'm just a Charlie Whitehurst fan that got lost
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:50 am
  • It would be crushing and disappointing for sure if he was gone but the thought of not being a Hawks fan wouldn't even cross my mind. It would have to get to Dan Snyder type issues before that would be on the table for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we-L7w1K5Zo

For any game where Russ played against the Hawks I would 100% be "boo different shirt"
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:31 pm
  • Always for the team. Much as I love Wilson, it's Seahawks first.
    GaiusMarius
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:35 pm
  • Feels like people are trying to create a Russ vs. the Seahawks thing imo.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:52 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Feels like people are trying to create a Russ vs. the Seahawks thing imo.

To be fair none of this happens if Russ and his people don't make the media push. You make that move and everyone is going to speculate from that point forward.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:10 pm
  • Because no players ever voice opinions :?
    1st time in 9 years, and people lose their minds.

Where was everyone when Sherm, Earl, Doug and Bennett were all blasting Pete, Russ and/or the front office?
    They were making excuses for them, and yes plenty people did.
    Or Kam holding out, same thing.

Double standards are showing even more all the sudden.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:24 pm
  • I am confused why someone would not be able to root for the Seahawks and root for Wilson if he ended up on another team.

Lions fans would have rooted for Barry Sanders, I guarantee it.

Betting Pats fans were rooting for Brady.

How are they mutually exclusive?

How often would they really play each other?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:57 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Feels like people are trying to create a Russ vs. the Seahawks thing imo.

That's the same way I see it too.
    I've been a Seahawks fan from day one, been a Kenny Easley fan (still am), a Dave Krieg fan (still am), a Kam Chancellor fan (still am) a Tez , Brown, Curt Warner, Walter Jones fan...See, I can walk and chew bubble gum, & make faces, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. :smilingalien:
    I just think some folks like to make a bigger toodoo about this than need be.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:59 pm
  • Wait, so you're saying you can be a Hawks fan AND a fan of a player? Mind...…..blown :mrgreen:
    And yes, I'll pull for Russ if/when he plays on another team. Unless it's against the Hawks and/or a game that would help the Hawks in the standings etc.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:44 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Feels like people are trying to create a Russ vs. the Seahawks thing imo.

That's the same way I see it too.
    I've been a Seahawks fan from day one, been a Kenny Easley fan (still am), a Dave Krieg fan (still am), a Kam Chancellor fan (still am) a Tez , Brown, Curt Warner, Walter Jones fan...See, I can walk and chew bubble gum, & make faces, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. :smilingalien:
    I just think some folks like to make a bigger toodoo about this than need be.

Hell yeah but you forgot Steve Largent! and for you..Zorny :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:48 pm
  • John63 wrote:pretty simple was a Seahawks fan before Wilson and will be after. So I will root for the hawks all the time, root for Wilson except when he plays the Hawks.

Your nose is getting longer? :sarcasm_on: :stirthepot:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:53 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:I am confused why someone would not be able to root for the Seahawks and root for Wilson if he ended up on another team.

Depends on how the player leaves.

Richard Sherman, Alex Rodriguez, plenty of examples of players who ripped or abandoned their team on the way out the door. So no, not always the case.

If Russell leaves under good circumstances where we get a bunch of 1st rounders and he wishes everyone well and goes to a new team? Sure, I'll root for Russ. He's a good dude.

But if he undermines and craps all over the team on his way out the door minimizing what we get in return? Nope, hope he loses every game he plays in.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:59 pm
  • First year he has said something like this in the media. You're acting like this is a regular thing with him.
    This isn't even close to as bad as Sherm, Earl, Doug and Bennett all calling out the coach, QB and team.

Oh well, I give up...….finally. Not even worth talking about Russ these days. People have their minds made up about the guy.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:06 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:First year he has said something like this in the media. You're acting like this is a regular thing with him.
    This isn't even close to as bad as Sherm, Earl, Doug and Bennett all calling out the coach, QB and team.

Oh well, I give up...….finally. Not even worth talking about Russ these days. People have their minds made up about the guy.

I didn't say it was the same as what Sherm said, I said it'll depend on how Russ leaves...........if he leaves.

I still don't like what he said, I don't see how it helps the team. It's a passive aggressive way of trying to put pressure on your organization to make changes, probably because he didn't think Pete and John were taking him seriously enough.

So to the press he went. Lame.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:28 pm
  • Fair enough.
    Have a great weekend. :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:01 pm
  • They could cut the entire team and I wouldn't care, I would go watch the Seagals!

Someone mentioned it. You don't hold on to every play for dear life through the 80s and 90s and just let go! This is an abusive relationship, If the Hawks can't have me as a fan, no team can have me!
    Hawks2022
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:19 pm
  • Seahawks for life. Go Hawks!

However it happens, Wilson won't be here forever. I'll love him while he is and root for whoever replaces him.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:57 pm
  • Players and coaches come and go.

You still root for the team.

I am born and raised in Seattle.

It’s always the team first.

You will eventually get new players and new coaches and the organization inevitably changes their personnel, etc. but you always root for the team no matter who calls the shot and who plays the game.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:00 am
  • Did we stop being Seahawks fans when Largent retired? No. There have been players through the years that have left that I’ve been sad to see go, but my allegiance remains to the silver, blue and green with the fictional bird helmets for life!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:03 am
  • No, I was a fan long before Russ came along.

If they go 20 years without the playoffs like the Mariners, I'll barely follow them.
    fire_marshall_bill
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information