Votes: 6 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 99 90.8%
  • Undecided, depends what the return is

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If Wilson is moved will you question following this team any further? Cheer for the team he goes too? Hate Pete Carroll more than you already do?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Of course not and that goes for any player or coach.

Edit: The only thing that could get me to remove or change my allegiance would be gross negligence at the ownership level. I'm not sure I would've endured, for example, as a Dallas fan through all of the Jerry years. Ownership that threatens to move the team often to hold the city hostage or someone like Jerry and it would be tough to hang on after too long.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is not even a thought for most of us, we suffered through Behring yet here we are, we suffered through Erickson and Flores and Mora, yet here we are.

We won't like it possibly but we will be here, because we are Team Fans not player Fans, we can be a fan of a player on the team how ever and be a fan of a player on another team.

These other types are what we call Flighty Fans, then you have Band Wagon Fans.

We have seen them come and go in many cycles over the years.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
chris98251":3ka9p696 said:
This is not even a thought for most of us, we suffered through Behring yet here we are, we suffered through Erickson and Flores and Mora, yet here we are.

We won't like it possibly but we will be here, because we are Team Fans not player Fans, we can be a fan of a player on the team how ever and be a fan of a player on another team.

These other types are what we call Flighty Fans, then you have Band Wagon Fans.

We have seen them come and go in many cycles over the years.
I call them NBA fans. Follow players only and never watch actual games, only youtube highlights and twitter clips. It's the reason I have always hated fantasy football. It breeds these types of fans. Thankfully football isn't really a game that willow too much of that.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'll never stop being a fan.

If they move Russ and we slide back into mediocrity or worse (we would), I'd probably not make every Hawks game the center of my Sunday plans every week. And, especially if that trade were proven disastrous by Russ killing it elsewhere, I'd probably be a strong advocate for cleaning house, and once done, I'd be back to following every detail of the rebuild like I did with Pete.

Just like the M's, I'll be a ride or die fan, but disastrous incompetence would impact how proactive I am about giving my free time to consuming the product to some degree.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I am a Seahawks fan, not a Russell Wilson fan.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
There’s an article on Yahoo news interviewed June Jones who said of KC offense all the motions, movements etc... it’s from the 1960’s run & shoot offenses. Nothing’s new! Lots of people saying Pete is old and outdated and made a bad call stepping in on Russ cook offense.

Nothing better than experience, Pete stepped in when we were on a 3 game losing streak & RW couldn’t hit an Elephant on the 50 yard line, that’s when Pete said we need to run the ball.

Seahawks Organization, GM Schneider, & Head Coach Carroll best overall Team in the league. Cant wait to be rid of RW, I’m sick of the nonsense!

misfit

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2h32z0o0 said:
There’s an article on Yahoo news interviewed June Jones who said of KC offense all the motions, movements etc... it’s from the 1960’s run & shoot offenses. Nothing’s new! Lots of people saying Pete is old and outdated and made a bad call stepping in on Russ cook offense.

Nothing better than experience, Pete stepped in when we were on a 3 game losing streak & RW couldn’t hit an Elephant on the 50 yard line, that’s when Pete said we need to run the ball.

Seahawks Organization, GM Schneider, & Head Coach Carroll best overall Team in the league. Cant wait to be rid of RW, I’m sick of the nonsense!

Curious where this mysterious 3 game losing streak is you speak of

And all I see is a coach that keeps going back in time to 2013 over and over again thinking he has the LOB and Lynch when he really doesnt

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
misfit":20rviczf said:
FresnoHawk68":20rviczf said:

And all I see is a coach that keeps going back in time to 2013 over and over again thinking he has the LOB and Lynch when he really doesnt

The same place where the Elephant is! RW was throwing interceptions he was seeing ghost as one pundit stated. That’s when Pete stepped in. Don’t forget RW stunk it up in the playoffs against the Rams.

RW sucks!

misfit

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1eq8g6zw said:
misfit":1eq8g6zw said:
FresnoHawk68":1eq8g6zw said:

The same place where the Elephant is! RW was throwing interceptions he was seeing ghost as one pundit stated. That’s when Pete stepped in. Don’t forget RW stunk it up in the playoffs against the Rams.

RW sucks!

Pete stunk it up too w/ another trash gameplan in the playoffs. It goes both ways

Seanhawk

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3pvmj2ep said:
misfit":3pvmj2ep said:
FresnoHawk68":3pvmj2ep said:

RW sucks!

Fun fact. The Seahawks haven't had a 3 game regular losing streak since Russell has been in the league.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Team first. I echo many of the same comments already posted. Russ, no Russ, or any other player I will bleed blue and green until I kick the bucket.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Anyone that was a fan pre-Wilson will be a fan post. Otherwise you were never a fan at all, you were just a cheerleader.

W

Welshers

Who the hell voted they won't be a fan if Wilson leaves? Why are you here then lol

KinesProf

Reaction score
Seahawks fan 100% , no question.

It's strange, for as great as Russ has been for this franchise, there is little about him or his personality that would have me cheering for or against him elsewhere. Unlike some really authentic dudes like Marshawn and Bruce, who were easy guys to cheer for elsewhere.

Though aside from the Hawks and my alma mater I've tended to cheer for individuals rather than teams:Lebron, Serena, Iverson, Usain Bolt amongst others

Fade

Reaction score
Seahawks forever.

But they will be trending towards being the Mariners. Arrogant org. that thinks more highly of themselves than what they are, that can't keep star players due to their incompetence and hubris.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why in the hell would someone stop being a fan, regardless WHO they traded? Mad about a trade, sure, that happens. I would never stop being a fan, ever. Haven't missed a game since they started, and that will never change. Come on, you're either a fan or you're not.
And it's hard to take much of anything seriously from some in here. I mean, we have someone who literally said that Russ sucks, and actually believes it. Think about that for a second. The same person who talked about a 3 game losing streak that never actually happened. Making up stuff daily doesn't make it fact :?
I'm a Hawks fan first, always. But I'm also a Wilson fan. Why can't you be a fan of a team AND a player??? I'm a fan of quite a few Hawks players. But is this even a real debate? Stop being a fan of your team if a player gets traded? That's the ultimate definition of fake.
Trading him would be next level stupid, just my opinion. But, you move on and cheer on the next guy. Even if you don't like their dumb decision. We have no control over the decisions. We don't have to like them, but you have no choice in the matter.