Here’s what all the teams are doing to improve (transaction)

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
And our greatest feats so far - releasing someone in jail and someone who never played a down and adding a director of diversity. I’ll reserve my comments on that last one.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/transactions

And yes I get that free agency has not started yet but Wentz seems to have been traded and other players signed.

MrThortan

Reaction score
That's a handy tracker. Looks like they keep it updated. Will have to come back to this a couple times a week to follow any significant changes. Thanks!

Vetamur

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3k1anlkx said:
And our greatest feats so far - releasing someone in jail and someone who never played a down and adding a director of diversity. I’ll reserve my comments on that last one.

And yes I get that free agency has not started yet but Wentz seems to have been traded and other players signed.

Most upper echelon teams have done nothing. The only players you can sign now are players being released.. a 12-4 team is not likely to see upgrades off of players being released in February. The only moves teams like Green Bay have made are replacing staff that got poached or left, or resigned staff.. like we resigned our GM.

Even the trades being made cant be made official.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
A bunch of cap casualties and a couple of trades for quarterbacks.

How ever will Seattle recover?

nanomoz

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1j4cffzw said:

Good. Reserve your comment on that last one.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Not sure what you're expecting. It's quiet everywhere right now, including in this forum. With a very few exceptions, the only things you hear about right now are the RW and Watson rumors, (and even those have quieted somewhat), the Wentz trade, and a few cap casualties. Once we get into free agency, things will definitely pick up.

But we've extended our GM, and brought in a new OC and assistant OL coach. Those are pretty big transactions in themselves, even if there aren't any actual players involved. But our time will come I assure you. I'm pretty sure there's going to be some surprises coming down the pike.

It's very quiet right now, but I predict it's going to end up being a very interesting offseason to say the least.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nice find. Panthers released Kawann Short. I wonder how much it would take to sign him. He's 32 but in a DL rotation he would be decent. That would definitely upgrade the interior DL.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":150frbn4 said:
Nice find. Panthers released Kawann Short. I wonder how much it would take to sign him. He's 32 but in a DL rotation he would be decent. That would definitely upgrade the interior DL.

Short at $3m > Reed at $13m

Own The West

Reaction score
Wenhawk":t8veiveo said:
hawkfan68":t8veiveo said:

Short at $3m > Reed at $13m

Short’s played in 5 games over the last two seasons. Your $3m ‘bargain’ would likely be dead cap. He’s not the player he was coming out of college.

KinesProf

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2x3da8sl said:

Who did the Seahawks release that never played a down?

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
KinesProf":62x71kbd said:
JayhawkMike":62x71kbd said:

Who did the Seahawks release that never played a down?

That O lineman who sat out last year and took the Covid option. I'll edit after looking it up.

Edit: Chance Warmack