Another Yr Long Gordon Saga?

JPatera76

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/milesdaily/status/1363027494069182468[/tweet]

I give up lol Twitter links never work for me. Apparently it was mentioned by Clayton during the 4pm segment with Wyman and Bob.. 2/19/2021

Guess he’s now signed for (probably vet min) through 2021

AgentDib

Reaction score
He's not on the roster while suspended, and he only takes up a roster spot down the road as long as he is active and contributing. This is minimal risk for the Hawks as long as Gordon isn't a negative influence on other players.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Dude was supposed to come back and now is out again "indefinitely" again.

It doesn't cost us to sign him but c'mon, if he's let off again, that same situation could happen regardless of how the club feels about it.

AFAIK, I don't think JG is a daily hardcore user. Personally I've always felt like he was like many players in the league or many of us who enjoy a drink or a toke. Thing is he's under intensive indefinite probation/drug tests that really many normal adults wouldn't pass let alone someone with a more intensive problem.

So he's a good guy and all, but he's not going to be that ideal 12 stepper type worried about no vanilla extract and making sure his cold remedies are alcohol free for his football life, which might be the only way he could make it. He's not going to be that guy and while it is unfair that he sort of is, we have no advantage in keeping him.

Just let himm go.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Until there is some official announcement I will hold off from being excited by this situation. Perhaps he just rolled his contract upon the request of the team as it’d be doubtful there would much of any interest in him around the league.

JG is a talented player but a flawed individual and it’s a no risk/high potential reward situation keeping him around to see if he will be re-instated by the league. So far Ursua is JAG from what we’ve seen up to now, he was pretty amazing in college though for the team to draft him late.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's obvious to me there is more going on then meets the eye, the Seahawks know there is an issue with the NFL and must me trying to resolve it or they would not have opted in so soon to resign him.

This story is strange at best.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
True that!

The wonderful world of life with drugs.

I’m sure there are zero breaks afforded him by the NFL and the whole drug testing thing is frequently questionable. Suspect the team knows more than the league about this guy.

I would be happy to see this player “break on through to the other side” and be as great as his physical talent would let him be.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Bob Condotta tweeted earlier today that Gordon was not signed.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1363659130158784514[/tweet]

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Disagree...pending league info on what caused the last rescinding offense. Players may be bound by a "no comment' clause which, by making public statement, could be construed as not meeting leagues requirements. Because Gordon commented on his training and rehab arrangements he may have violated that clause resulting in the league returning him to the dead list. However, if he failed another drug test (which would mean he lied about getting that part of his life turned around) then I agree he should not be considered for reinstatement.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1qpjda56 said:
Disagree...pending league info on what caused the last rescinding offense. Players may be bound by a "no comment' clause which, by making public statement, could be construed as not meeting leagues requirements. Because Gordon commented on his training and rehab arrangements he may have violated that clause resulting in the league returning him to the dead list. However, if he failed another drug test (which would mean he lied about getting that part of his life turned around) then I agree he should not be considered for reinstatement.

Yep. This is the part everyone is missing by jumping to conclusions. We haven't got a shred of information from the NFL about his return to the list, which is highly unusual for a cut-and-dry substance abuse relapse situation.