K.J. Wants to Stay... But, Won't Take Less Money to Do It!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He played like one of the best linebackers in the league last year. If he can get a payday, I'm all for him going to do it. He deserves it.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
If he can find a team to overpay him in this salary-cap-strapped situation, then more power to him! If not, then Welcome Back KJ!

Smellyman

Reaction score
He shouldn't take less. He balled out.

Bobby on the other hand...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He should not take less..RW didn't and besides all $ and picks are for RW's
special OL he needs.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Players that want to stay tell the media "i wont take a hometown discount", players than want to get top dollar on the market say "I love it here and want to stay"

KJ is a Seahawk FL. I thought when we resigned him it was an overpaymwnt but he proved to be well worth it. He wont even get $7m in FA, i think $5mil is his market and we will see.

I think i'd rather pay KJ $10m than pay Bobby $18m.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":o890qowy said:
He played like one of the best linebackers in the league last year. If he can get a payday, I'm all for him going to do it. He deserves it.

Dude doesn't have much time left. If he can get a lot of money from another team he can't get from the Seahawks he should take the money. If it's close enough for him he may be happier to stay in Seattle. Regardless, he'll do what's good for him and that's fine. He seems like a good dude and I hope things go well for him.

sutz

Reaction score
KJ is running out of time for a one year 'prove it' deal. Hopefully this is a starting point for negotiations and they can work something out. If not, next man up.

PNW

Reaction score
Wenhawk":e4xjzq8d said:
Players that want to stay tell the media "i wont take a hometown discount", players than want to get top dollar on the market say "I love it here and want to stay"

KJ is a Seahawk FL. I thought when we resigned him it was an overpaymwnt but he proved to be well worth it. He wont even get $7m in FA, i think $5mil is his market and we will see.

I think i'd rather pay KJ $10m than pay Bobby $18m.

Agreed! KJ is worth $8-10m, Wagner is NOT playing like he’s worth $18m

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KJ is one of the smartest LB's in the league, and that does have value. He's seen it all, he's covered it all, and he is an asset to any defense.

Having said this, I think his value is highest in Seattle. I don't think he would do as well on another team with new players and system.

I don't think he'd get a big deal on the free agent market. So I do think we could get him on another one year deal for around 10M. Which IMO is fair........especially after we ask Bobby to take a pay cut or get cut. No one's paying him 18M, or even 15M.

W

Welshers

Everyone whos badmouthing Bobby: You mean the guy who was #7 in the entire league for tackles????

xray

Reaction score
I think he will be playing elsewhere in 2021 .

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Welshers":1rrtz6s5 said:
Everyone whos badmouthing Bobby: You mean the guy who was #7 in the entire league for tackles????

Holy shit man. You are right. Someone had to say it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Welshers":34hhckyh said:

I'm not for cutting Bobby, but 17M cap hit in 2021 and 21M in 2022 is too much for me.........and Pete and John agree, it's why they drafted Brooks, to take over the MLB role when Bobby leaves.

Too many other glaring needs on the defensive side of the ball to have your MLB soaking up 20-25% of your defensive cap. So yes, I'd approach Bobby to renegotiate the remaining two years. Can't see another team giving him 17M and 21M if he's cut.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's not a great value for Wagner, but if it comes down to it, I'd rather overpay and keep him than lose him without adequate compensation.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2si5gck3 said:
Welshers":2si5gck3 said:

I'm not for cutting Bobby, but 17M cap hit in 2021 and 21M in 2022 is too much for me.........and Pete and John agree, it's why they drafted Brooks, to take over the MLB role when Bobby leaves.

Too many other glaring needs on the defensive side of the ball to have your MLB soaking up 20-25% of your defensive cap. So yes, I'd approach Bobby to renegotiate the remaining two years. Can't see another team giving him 17M and 21M if he's cut.

The drafted brooks because he is a good backer. Not to replace at that point. Otherwise he would be doing it already and bobby would have been sitting or gone. Brooks is here for when bobby or wright leave. Which wont come overall until one leaves. Gurantee he doesnt replace unless an injury occurs. Now if they switch to a 34 they could play bobby, brooks and wright simultaneously.