Alex Collins re-signs with the Seahawks

MrThortan

Reaction score
I like this signing. Plenty of tread left at 26. Curious about the numbers. Looking at OTC he has yet to break a million a year. He didn't play in 2019 and only a few touches in 2020. Though he looked great, it is hard to determine how he will perform next year. If anything, it is some insurance if they can't reach a deal with Carson and/or Hyde.

chris98251

Reaction score
He will be in shape and actually know the offense, he didn't most the time he was playing just select plays.

If he keeps his take no prisoners running style he could be that Ace in the deck as a full time runner with everyone else in relief, he has that level of talent.

I also think this is a early shout to Carson about his contract as well as we have options.

So Collins, Dallas, Homer are locked in now, not a bad start.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm excited with the signing. Now, if Pete will only give him the carries.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It doesn't look like there going to resign Carson . That's unfortunate he's a really good RB and CarlosDunlap is getting released maybe they can resign him maybe not . It's difficult to see these moves making the Seahawks better . I guess we'll just have to hope they can resign Carlos .

They don't appear to have much faith in Penny either not after the injury anyway, they did not pick up his 5th year option. Another first round pick that hasn't panned out . How many is that now five six i've lost count. Pete and John better get there act together or there going to lose Wilson and that will likely spell there demise. I don't know what there plan is but it better not be a repeat of last offseason that was a pathetic effort compounded with a bad trade that has ruined our draft capital. 12-4 ok fine that's a great record but then a one and done first round exit at home really really sucks .

Tokadub

Reaction score
Would be a better damn idea if we let him play vs the Rams. He was so fresh... he was jumping off the screen!

I'm serious he was our best running back in the playoffs (Carson was injured this late in the season LIKE USUAL)....

He was fast and explosive, ready to play... He was popping off. Watch the few times he got the ball RIGHT BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS...

He looked like the best thing since Marshawn Lynch... and we didn't give him 1 single rep in the playoffs WTF???

Things like this REALLY trigger me.

It's common sense let your freshest guy get some reps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost feel like our team isn't even trying to win when we dont give Alex Collins any playoff reps when he is our best RB by far due to injuries!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I assume this means we are gonna cut Carson... I'd rather cut Jamal Adams for the record. Jamal Adams is GOING TO GET INJURED VERY FAST NEXT SEASON... HE WILL NEVER BE WORTH... BUST BOTH HIS SHOULDERS??? WTF? If your shoulders can't hold up your WHOLE BODY ABOUT TO BREAK DOWN...

I THINK THE #1 THING SEAHAWKS SHOULD DO IS CUT JAMAL ADAMS! PLEASE... trust me... I'm not wrong a lot... I don't know if I've ever been wrong on this forum...?

xray

Reaction score
Carson and Hyde are probably out .

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is a better signing then some think. I dig it.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Good signing. Much better than Penny, Dallas and Homer. Might be the starter next year if the team blows up the roster.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Finally! A thread about something that has actually happened, and that can prove to be a positive move in team interest.

I'd like to see them also sign Scarborough. He has that quick "power burst" that can get tough yards when you really need them. Good pair of guys to have in hand.

TraderGary

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3t1v3p2q said:
Good signing. Much better than Penny, Dallas and Homer. Might be the starter next year if the team blows up the roster.
I like the Collins signing as well. Provides good depth, and I was very impressed in his limited opportunities last year.

That said, why is everyone so quick to give up on Penny? I think he's a great fit for a McVay style offense. And do you all forget how impressive he was in 2019 just prior to getting hurt?

ducks41468

Reaction score
If the idea is to operate a run-heavy offense, we need to do a lot better than this, but sadly there aren't many better options.

Probably should've waited to have a top-tier RB locked up before throwing the team into chaos.

Watching a Collins/Penny/Dallas backfield with Derek Carr or some random rookie at QB will be pretty sad.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
As the second biggest fan of Alex Collins, when he was on his first stint with us, I love this signing. We never should have cut him in the first place.

Now, please use him appropriately. He is good enough to be a starter in this league. He should be the workhorse in our running back stable.

Atradees

Reaction score
I am so sick of lowered expectations. AC isnt going to do anything. And he will be injured trying. Homer, Collins, Penny and Carson......Mash unit. i would release them all at look at three undrafted free agents.

mrblitz

Reaction score
yes, UDFAs, plus maybe some earlier picks. of course, they need some draft picks in order to be able to do that.

anyway, i like collins. scarborough could be a big deal, too.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I’d release everyone too but like Collins.

Penny has a total rushing total in 3 years of ... drumroll please ...823 rushing yards. He is a big, fat bust the second he was drafted instead of Chubb. Of course PC has a weird fetish for oft injured around the end RBs that can catch and keeps them around for way way way too long (Penny, Procise, McKissic) Idiot coach keeps drafting round pegs. Maybe he should start getting square pegs for the square holes instead of “Interchangeable” OL, TE to DE Sullivan, drafting Penny instead of Chubb to run up the gut etc.