Russell Wilson has declared war on the Seahawks

ducks41468

Reaction score
It will be a good exercise for all parties involved to see how well they do without each other.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank God for "Unnamed Sources". And PFT. Super reliable, I am sure everything is dead accurate.

There's 5 minutes of my life I won't get back.

James in PA

Reaction score
The most important line from the story: “(This is what it) comes down to. If the Seahawks view Wilson as an all-time great, they should treat him that way. If they don’t, they should trade him to a team that does, since that team would put together a trade offer that the Seahawks would regard as one they can’t refuse.”

So true. None of this “we’ll play out this season and maybe do something NEXT offseason” crap. No! If there is dysfunction, you have to address it now, one way or another.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
From the PFT article: "It’s unclear whether the unnamed source is a Seahawks source"

The above is all you need to read. There was a time that we considered these kinds of writing tabloids and treated them like the garbage they are and now this seems to be 90% of what we get from "media". This thread title is just as inflammatory and trashy as the article itself.

James in PA

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":2evbd1y6 said:
From the PFT article: "It’s unclear whether the unnamed source is a Seahawks source"

The above is all you need to read. There was a time that we considered these kinds of writing tabloids and treated them like the garbage they are and now this seems to be 90% of what we get from "media". This thread title is just as inflammatory and trashy as the article itself.
I agree there is a ton of clickbait surrounding Russ and the Seahawks lately, but I also think where there’s smoke there’s fire. I used to laugh off the trade rumors. Now I think there is something to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KinesProf

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":m8ce2f1i said:

It's The Athletic article that does the better job of digging into it. They usually have the best long form articles on the Hawks.

Dugar and Jenks are far from tabloid writers, they're pretty measured and wired in. Dugar also really had the only piece that really got deep into the truth of the McDowell situation, I trust his writing.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
First of all PC is past his expiration date as a coach and needed to go years ago. If it is either/or I am going with RW every damn time. (That does not make RW blameless to me for some of his game performances though)

But, how do you show respect for a great player? Usually with $$$$$$. So, Wilson was the highest paid player in the league.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Check out how sports media manipulates the story for clicks.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1364957683556745233[/tweet]

Pretty gross sensationalized headline taken from the Athletic article, huh.

Regardless, this isn't good. This is devolving more than I thought it would, and both Pete and Russ deserve blame.

pinksheets

Reaction score
That explains why Russ seemed so out of it at points during the last half of the year. Not only was the leash pulled back, but his input was flatly rejected. He feels left out and like just another cog rather than the heart of the offense.

Can Pete, make Russ happy, and if that fails, it's better than watching Wilson win Superbowls elsewhere.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":ckxpusg5 said:
First of all PC is past his expiration date as a coach and needed to go years ago. If it is either/or I am going with RW every damn time. (That does not make RW blameless to me for some of his game performances though)

But, how do you show respect for a great player? Usually with $$$$$$. So, Wilson was the highest paid player in the league.

That is why winning is so hard in the NFL. The 49ers of the 80s caught fire with haveing good coaches with good QBs. During the salary cap era, only the Patriots have won consistently with one head coach and one QB. That QB was a throwaway draft pick that had to start only after their star QB got hurt.

I feel teams need to find the right QB first then find the right head coach. Wich is very hard to do.

Pete will win 10-12 games a year with a good QB. His system will do that with ball control and no turnovers.

I asked the question after the Dallas playoff loss. If the team is going to play Pete-Ball why pay top money for a QB?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
sdog1981":2r9ej50o said:
JayhawkMike":2r9ej50o said:

That is why winning is so hard in the NFL. The 49ers of the 80s caught fire with haveing good coaches with good QBs. During the salary cap era, only the Patriots have won consistently with one head coach and one QB. That QB was a throwaway draft pick that had to start only after their star QB got hurt.

I feel teams need to find the right QB first then find the right head coach. Wich is very hard to do.

Pete will win 10-12 games a year with a good QB. His system will do that with ball control and no turnovers.

I asked the question after the Dallas playoff loss. If the team is going to play Pete-Ball why pay top money for a QB?

Because a key tenet of "Pete-Ball" is offensive explosion, and quarterback play is by far the most important factor in offensive success regardless of the style of offense run. Extremely simple.

Also, why not rename the thread something more.. factual?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think they should just name him OC anyway, he'd probably be just as good as anyone they hire. Pay him a huge OC contract with a base player salary and just like that CAP issue is resolved. IDK

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't think Pete can win 10-12 games without Wilson.

The cap hit for getting rid of Wilson is some obscene number, $30M+?

What is the cap hit for getting rid of Pete?

Jody should go to Wilson and ask what Wilson needs to make this work long-term for him.

Then give him that.

This is not difficult.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
CAA wants it’s commission! This is how CAA operates! They brainwash the athlete with $$$ & fame and take control of the Athlete’s belief system! I saw it happen up close with Cain Vasquez! After digging into the characters of CAA it gets far more sinister!

CAA controls the Media, they’re all being paid with favors. Obviously it old news when it comes to Agents but CAA wields enormous power and is deeply connected to all types of resources.

The moment RW fell in love with Ciara it was over, same goes for DK! As soon as DK started living with Russ & Sierra it was over for DK. The recent announcement that DK signed with CAA was CAA demonstrating it’s power! CAA is the enemy of all Sports Agents not on the CAA agenda.

Keep in mind CAA was pushing for Russ to go to the Giants! It’s doesn’t mean the Giants wanted RW or has any relation to CAA.

We can only hope there are a couple of QB’s in this draft that are attainable for Seattle.

chris98251

Reaction score
So does Wilson go Brett Farve on offense like Farve did in Minny?

This source if true in midseason to be in the room you were a coach, an OC, Pete with Wilson, unless Wilson told someone who told someone.

Bet is on Schotty saying something to someone, he would have been in the room, he also left do to Philosophical difference which is what Wilson and Pete are having as well, but Wilson is under contract.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
If RW is committed to leaving he must work with Pete & John to get it done, if he boycotts camp he will have to payback Seattle $$$. This is a time for both sides to comes together and rework RW’s contract which will subtract $$ from Mike Rogers commission & add to CAA or CAA’s deal maker’s commission.

Latest posts