Everyone is tradable...even Russ Wilson

CelticWolf12

Reaction score
Everyone is tradable…even Russ Wilson. For the right price Russ Wilson will be traded. In 1999 Mike Ditka and the Saints traded away all of their draft picks for Rick Williams. Rick Mirer was traded away for 2 draft picks. Look what we gave up for Jamal Adams. Here are my thoughts:

1. Russ Wilson is a top 5 quarterback in the NFL. However, Pete Carroll’s offense doesn’t require a top 5 QB in the league to make “Pete-ball” effectively work. Derek Carr, Ryan Tannehill, Tua or another QB that is not top 5 will suffice.

2. Right now Miami has two first round picks, two second round picks, one third round pick, etc. If a package of both first round and second round draft picks in 2021, and a first and second round draft pick in 2022 plus Tua…Russ is gone IMO.

3. Even if Russ doesn’t get traded, there is NO WAY DK will stick around after his rookie contract expires. He was overlooked and/or underestimated coming out of college and he wants to be in a high powered offense that will take advantage of his skillset and where he can put up some big digits. Seattle would be wise to trade DK for a haul; otherwise they will only end up with one compensatory pick.

4. Seattle/Pete-ball won the SB with a great defense, effective O-line, a great running game and a QB that played within the Pete-ball offense. If Pete sticks around, like it or not, that is what he will try to reestablish and build again!

I hope I am wrong and I hope with the hiring of a new OC, Pete will change his philosophy. I hope he and Russ Wilson will be able to go forward in a new and improved offense which features deception, surprise and complex (short, medium, and long) passing concepts.

Go Hawks!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Russell is, in fact, NOT tradable without his consent, and the most recent reports indicate that Miami isn't on his list.

xray

Reaction score
I thought that Miami was on a rumored short list of trade partners . I could get behind that trade if it could happen . Miami has three 1st rounds picks and 22 year old Tua T. for the Hawks new QB . I wouldn't mind that trade at all .

misfit

Reaction score
PeteBall doesnt work in this league anymore

fire Pete

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
xray":33sk4sw4 said:
I thought that Miami was on a rumored short list of trade partners . I could get behind that trade if it could happen . Miami has three 1st rounds picks and 22 year old Tua T. for the Hawks new QB . I wouldn't mind that trade at all .

Tua does nothing for me. Slight build, injury history, left-handed... nah.

Anyway, Russell's own agent has clarified (confirmed by Schefter) he doesn't want to be traded, but that if Seattle decides to move him, he will only accept New Orleans, Chicago, Las Vegas, or Dallas.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The list of teams that Russ set down are for leverage.

It makes the Seahawks have to come back to Russ for any good trade. It shows the Seahawks who is in control and puts Pete in his place. That is why the teams on the list have very little to even trade in return.

That isn't likely where he is going (maybe the Cowboys).

But no

You do NOT trade your star QB. That never works out for the team that does it.

It is stupid. There is no price that is worth a player responsible for close to 50%, if not more, of your wins.

Zap90

Reaction score
I'm all for trading him to any of those teams that he mentioned. Hopefully the Bears, or the Cowboys. Let him play in the same division as Rodgers, or with Dallas OL.

In his professional career, RW has not been injured or missed any games at all. Maybe with a new team, he might get wrecked, and even tear an ACL. The odds of a QB never missing a game is kinda surprising, but the odds are that it will happen eventually.

As for draft picks, it will probably be 3 1st round picks, But if I was the GM, I would rather have

2021 1st round
2022 1st round 4th round
2023 2nd round 3rd round 6th round draft picks.

And eventually when RW does get injured, one of them will be a Top 8th pick.

As for DK, I would also try to trade him to get a good haul, instead of a comp 3rd round pick.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So your plan is just to go full-speed 'Seattle Mariners' forwards?

Maybe trade all the stars and just get some dancing groundskeepers?

Sounds exciting.

Zap90

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1nm1szmr said:
So your plan is just to go full-speed 'Seattle Mariners' forwards?

Maybe trade all the stars and just get some dancing groundskeepers?

Sounds exciting.

Do you think the Seahawks have a better chance than 50% to win the Superbowl?

If they can't win it during his contract is over, might as well trade the blue chip for the future. It's not common sense. Let's start it over again and draft an LT and a Safety in the first round like we did before.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
You do NOT trade your star QB. That never works out for the team that does it.

I would put an exception out there for this. What if your QB is unhappy? What if he doesn't want to be here? What if he feels stymied, not listened to, not respected, not valued? What if he wants to go somewhere else where he feels those things? What if he's willing to be increasingly public about that dissatisfaction?

I am NOT for trading Wilson in general, but I have an increasing suspicion that how he feels may be set. It's either...

1. Hand over the offense to him. To me, this would seem obvious. I would never pay a QB as much as he is making unless I did not have absolute confidence in him to captain the offense from start to finish. Anything else, including how Carroll wants to play, is secondary to that. And this could all be jockeying for Wilson to get this.

2. Trade him. If you refuse to do this and if the coach/management are staying and if the QB will not go along, what other choice do you have? To pretend that everything is fine? Team chemistry is always important, but I would put football out there as a sport where it is ESPECIALLY critical to success. Good luck if your QB is on a different page.

I think Wilson is done not getting #1. Up until this latest news I thought we might get the grace to seeing how 2021 would go, but not now. Wilson has seen enough and he wants changes. If he sees the new OC as still being on Carroll's leash that doesn't mean much. That this is leaking now shows that Wilson is still not happy.

Can the Seahawks make him happy? If they cannot, keeping him may be very destructive.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Which is harder to find?

1 - a Star QB with is an almost sure HOF

2 - a Good Coach

The decisions past that point should be based on the above question.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The problem with this story remains that there aren't any realistic trades that have even been proposed yet. The only trades that would make sense for the Seahawks would involve top 5 picks so they could draft a replacement, and there's no reason Wilson would want to move from a 12-4 team to a bottom 5 team. 2021 is also the worst draft in memory in which to have a first round pick, and the Hawks have never valued late first round picks even in better years.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yep.

What does it say about Pete that Wilson would literally prefer Mike McCarthy to him?

(Is he even still the Dallas HC?)

Seanhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":vvq836uu said:
Which is harder to find?

2 - a Good Coach

Yep, we're at the point now that getting rid of Pete is the next logical step.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seanhawk":29ygy3dv said:
TwistedHusky":29ygy3dv said:
Which is harder to find?

2 - a Good Coach

Seahawks Star Coaches

Flores, he was handicapped by a shitty front office but had won Super Bowls. When they go after Dan McGwire everyone knew it was trouble.

Chuck Knox, again we were stuck with that shitty Owner, Chuck, he wanted Farve, then Chuck was gone, his record speaks for itself.

Mike Holmgren, enough said.

Pete Carroll, again enough said.

Star QB's - Russell Wilson

Warren Moon, too short of time here to count, past his prime as well, not Franco past his prime but was on the back side of his best years.

Most the rest of the Favorites were good, like Kreig, Zorn etc. But not on a Moon, Wilson level.

Kind of leaves one guy.

So the numbers say.

4 - 1 Coaches easier.

getnasty

Reaction score
chris98251":27f26n1v said:
Seanhawk":27f26n1v said:
TwistedHusky":27f26n1v said:
Which is harder to find?

2 - a Good Coach

Seahawks Star Coaches

Flores, he was handicapped by a shitty front office but had won Super Bowls. When they go after Dan McGwire everyone knew it was trouble.

Chuck Knox, again we were stuck with that shitty Owner, Chuck, he wanted Farve, then Chuck was gone, his record speaks for itself.

Warren Moon, too short of time here to count, past his prime as well, not Franco past his prime but was on the back side of his best years.

Most the rest of the Favorites were good, like Kreig, Zorn etc. But not on a Moon, Wilson level.

Kind of leaves one guy.

So the numbers say.

4 - 1 Coaches easier.

If Tom Flores was a star coach in Seattle then Jon Kitna was a star QB. While Chuck Know was loved but he's not a star like Matt Hasselbeck wasn't a star.

chris98251

Reaction score
getnasty":dhxwck4f said:
chris98251":dhxwck4f said:
Seanhawk":dhxwck4f said:
TwistedHusky":dhxwck4f said:
Which is harder to find?

2 - a Good Coach

Seahawks Star Coaches

Kind of leaves one guy.

So the numbers say.

4 - 1 Coaches easier.

If Tom Flores was a star coach in Seattle then Jon Kitna was a star QB. While Chuck Know was loved but he's not a star like Matt Hasselbeck wasn't a star.

Oh so you mean you have to be Chuck Knoll, Don Shula, Bill Walsh, Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, Vince Lombardi, Bill Belichek, Bill Parcels to be a Star Coach.

Marv Levy, Don Coryell, Bud Grant, John Robinson, were all nobodies I guess.