Would you trade Russ to the raiders......

iigakusei

Reaction score
Are you joking? In a heartbeat. Look at Carr's contract, and he is a Top 10-12 QB.

John63

Reaction score
iigakusei":1v6hwy04 said:
Are you joking? In a heartbeat. Look at Carr's contract, and he is a Top 10-12 QB.

Not behind our oline and in this system he is not.

massari

Reaction score
So basically:

Carr, LJ Collier, Ifedi, and Penny for a hall of fame QB in his prime.

They just need to listen to Wilson, and give him what he wants.

Forthewin

Reaction score
Guys, RUSSELL WILSON AS A HAWK IS OVER!!! Wrap around that...if you think he might still be here...you are the only one.

With or without Carr, Yes to 3 1st.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Can I swap Jacobs for Carr? I mean, if we're playing make believe...

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I don't think Carr would do well on the Seahawks. He's a QB that has a skillset that is the antithesis of what Carroll wants to do on offense. He is an accurate QB that excels at timing passes, and the short/quick passing game. He's the type of guy that would be most at home in a the traditional WCO.

In our offense we like the big splash plays. The deep passes down the sidelines, the long crossing routes, and fades to the side line. That isn't the style of ball that Carr likes to play. I don't think Carroll would be all to willing to accommodate Carr either. I'm just remembering Matt Hasselbeck being forced to throw long bombs, and run 7 step drops.

Carr can throw deep balls, but his skill set is best described as being methodical. Now, if we tweaked the offense, I could see him doing well, even behind a poor line. He has one of the fastest release times in the NFL, and Carr has and extremely good sense of when pressure is bearing down on him, and when he needs to get rid of the ball. I personally think he is underrated -- but I don't think i'd ever want to see him trying to run a Pete Carroll offense, he just isn't tailored for it.

iigakusei

Reaction score
massari":gk87vfr0 said:
So basically:

Carr, LJ Collier, Ifedi, and Penny for a hall of fame QB in his prime.

They just need to listen to Wilson, and give him what he wants.

I don't think that can be the argument though. That just proves their drafting in the 1st round has stunk. Derek Carr is a really good QB and not a scrub, that was my point.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
No. The value is nowhere near close. The Raiders have no offer that could be considered valid for a franchise quarterback of RW's caliber.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
If I’m targeting one of the QB’s in round 2 of the draft, yes! But not for Carr because Carr’s contract is 19 a year.

iigakusei

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2ybi54ic said:
If I’m targeting one of the QB’s in round 2 of the draft, yes! But not for Carr because Carr’s contract is 19 a year.
Since this is make believe you would flip Carr for 2 more 1st round picks!

massari

Reaction score
iigakusei":34jbqks2 said:
I don't think that can be the argument though. That just proves their drafting in the 1st round has stunk. Derek Carr is a really good QB and not a scrub, that was my point.
A bit of tongue in cheek, but still, 3 late 1sts and a mediocre QB for Wilson isn't enough, especially when you factor in the dead money after trading Wilson.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
If we did trade for RW, personally i'd want Jacobs, and Carr.

Jacobs, Carr, 3 first round picks minimum, this years second round pick and first -- perhaps even their third.

So, we get:

2021, 2022, 2023 first round picks

2021 second, and third round picks

Derek Carr
Josh Jacobs

This would be my minimum to even start trade talks.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He clearly wants out.

I'd take three firsts, three seconds, three thirds, and Fabian Moreau.

Geologic

Reaction score
If he wanted out, refuses to play for the Seahawks, and waived his no waive clause, then sure. After asking for more though. And they can keep Carr I don't want his cap hit.

The other teams he wanted to be on were NFC teams. I do not want him to be traded to another NFC team.

John63

Reaction score
iigakusei":3as2ti7e said:
John63":3as2ti7e said:
iigakusei":3as2ti7e said:

Not behind our oline and in this system he is not.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020 ... e-rankings

And Football outsiders ranked them 30th in pass blocking. so sorry behind out oline in our system he is not even top 15

Ndropables has them ranked 29th in pass blocking

https://www.theundroppables.com/rankings/offensive-line/

stang233

Reaction score
Time for a three way..... Carr and picks to Houston, Russ to Raiders, Watson in seattle

John63

Reaction score
stang233":pgzvnw4m said:
Time for a three way..... Carr and picks to Houston, Russ to Raiders, Watson in seattle

Watson yeah no I am good. if He is not happy in Houston because he has no say why would he be happy here weer he will get no say.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
stang233":xpoy9xca said:

No way! Watson is not a fit!