I am SOLD that there will be a 3 way trade for Russ!

Forthewin

Reaction score
Russ ultimately gets to pick where he is going...and he wants Dallas. Dallas doesn't have the Draft firepower to pull off the Trade but they can trade for it. Russ was forced to mention the Saints, Bears and Raiders to garner up a bidding war. He will be in Dallas next year!

Some way, some how...3 1st and 2 3rds are headed to Seatown!

W

Welshers

They have their guy in Dak. Can't see them looking for a different quarterback

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
More like 3 way with Raiders! Carr to another team and that team sends a round 1 to Seattle. Dallas has to tag Dak a second time to trade him, nobody is going to pay that tag price.

John63

Reaction score
Hawks2022":2ox6avpk said:
Russ ultimately gets to pick where he is going...and he wants Dallas. Dallas doesn't have the Draft firepower to pull off the Trade but they can trade for it. Russ was forced to mention the Saints, Bears and Raiders to garner up a bidding war. He will be in Dallas next year!

Ahh other than u saying it any proof?

OP
OP
F

Forthewin

Reaction score
Welshers":3da50287 said:
They have their guy in Dak. Can't see them looking for a different quarterback
Dak is a free agent this off season. They have had plenty of his often injured butt.

OP
OP
F

Forthewin

Reaction score
John63":2vseuu73 said:
Hawks2022":2vseuu73 said:

Even though my idea was orginal, this article came out 9 hours before my post.
The 3 way trade is exactly what I was thinking. Raiders have the picks needed.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/russ ... nts-bears/

getnasty

Reaction score
3 way trade is about the only way i see Russ going to of his destinations. The teams on the list just don't have any high picks or enough young studs to make Seattle want to deal straight up.

Keep it simple

Seattle gets Watson
Dallas gets Wilson
Houston gets Dak and a 3rd round pick from the Cowboys

xray

Reaction score
getnasty":2r5bjv0v said:
3 way trade is about the only way i see Russ going to of his destinations. The teams on the list just don't have any high picks or enough young studs to make Seattle want to deal straight up.

Keep it simple

Seattle gets Watson
Dallas gets Wilson
Houston gets Dak and a 3rd round pick from the Cowboys
^
This would work .

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I think a 3 way with Russ, Ciara and whoever is more likely than a 3 way trade.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawks2022":3di1d36e said:

Dallas doesn’t have the draft capital or talent capital to make it work.
Russ has a huge cap hit the next 2 years for Seattle.
3 way trades are rare in the NFL. He’s here for the next 2 years like it or not.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Too bad for him he didn't list Miami. They could get it done, and that team is moving in the right direction.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is almost certainly no happy ending for Seahawk fans.

Probably will be a trade but not this year. A 3 way trade is going to be difficult to make happen. Wilson likely purposely picked places that will make it hard for the Seahawks to get much after he leaves.

Russ is very shrewd and calculated in his movements publicly.
(And to be fair his discontent is justified, half the fan base thinks that Pete Carroll is squandering Wilson's career. You don't think that 'Mr. I-Can-Do-Anything' wouldn't think that too?)

We are going to be stuck with a handful of draft picks in a vain attempt to try to get at least Mitch Trubisky quality QB, as our 94 year old head coach veers towards senility.

It won't be this coming season, the dead money is something like 50M. But it is coming.

So he will play out the year, no real playoff push because this will be Russ keeping himself healthy for next season somewhere else. And a team with Hyde and Collins as your primary threat isn't going far. We probably lose Carson and Lockett, then Russ leaves and then the team probably has to trade DK next.

I expect to see Russ in another SB in a year or two. Under a good coach I think he could be amazing.

He gave 4 choices but only 2 choices were viable, the rest were impossible adds that just create the illusion of choice. He might even bleed the Seahawks (and by extension Carroll) a bit just to show him that he can. The Seahawks tried to push back stupidly, and it is probably going to bite them.

Wilson is in complete control here and he looks like he wants to leave Carroll with as close to a smoldering crater as he can. Not to screw the fans, but to make it impossible for Carroll to recover. If Carroll falls flat on his face after Wilson leaves, then the narrative becomes Wilson was carrying this team and Carroll kept Wilson from succeeding in the playoffs. It does a lot to rebuild Wilson's legacy - which was a goal for Wilson in the first place. (Dallas and Chicago are both legacy stops)

(The owners are going to realize they screwed up. They put a system in place where a QB almost has to sign the big money contract because if they get hurt, only resigning with the team gets them guarantees. So every QB signs the contract, save for a few outliers.

Now, they are going to sign the contract, force their way out, and the owners will be stuck with big dead money hits.

Not sure how they put the 'guaranteed' money genie back in the bottle, but until they do this will happen again and again. QBs are in high enough demand with enough power - this was bound to happen. The NFL shifted the rules so that teams without top tier QBs cannot compete in the playoffs. This is the result of making top tier QBs indispensable.)

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Wow. People in our own fanbase pushing for russ to be gone. Sad. Best player in our history.

To much media. To much internet. To much opinion. People now think just because they have an opinion they are apart of making decisions for the hawks. Whether its russ or pete. Because people calling for Pete's head is gaining momentum. There is no going back.

This is horse shit. Hot horse shit!!!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I would love to see Pete's head on a pike if that would keep Russ.

And the only thing that would keep Russ is getting rid of Pete at this point.

But Pete is the decision maker. You think he is going to fire himself?

KinesProf

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2kakscnn said:
Wow. People in our own fanbase pushing for russ to be gone. Sad. Best player in our history.

No, definitely not the best player in Seahawks history. Though he is the most valuable/important.

Walt/Tez/Bobby/Largent are all objectively better football players with multiple all-pros, each was all -decade team, and are amongst the very best ever at their position.

Elemas

Reaction score
Watson wouldn’t be happy nor is he a good fit in Pete’s system. Why the hell would Watson want to come here??

That’s the only QB that would help soothe the rivers of tears most Hawks fans would shed but, it’s the same situation. A more than capable QB suppressed in Pete’s system. Wouldn’t work...wouldn’t last. Rinse/repeat.

Pete needs a Jameis Winston and a great D. If a trade happens, that caliber of QB is what you can expect. Also expect the exodus of players like DK.

But hey. We’ll run for 100+ and rely on what should be a top 5 D. You never know...it could work.

Put the Watson pipe away though.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
KinesProf":3690o7di said:
jamescasey1124":3690o7di said:

No, definitely not the best player in Seahawks history. Though he is the most valuable/important.

Walt/Tez/Bobby/Largent are all objectively better football players with multiple all-pros, each was all -decade team, and are amongst the very best ever at their position.

Sorry you wrong. I know of all the players and they alone werent capable of what russ can do. Tough yeah. For sure and all pro, but the best player is easily russ. It's ok you'll come around sooner or later. Russ could retire now and claim that crown.

John63

Reaction score
Hawks2022":3fpoee9w said:
John63":3fpoee9w said:
Hawks2022":3fpoee9w said:

Even though my idea was orginal, this article came out 9 hours before my post.
The 3 way trade is exactly what I was thinking. Raiders have the picks needed.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/russ ... nts-bears/

great but that is not proof that is conjecture on their part.