R-E-L-A-X

seabowl

Reaction score
RELAX

Other than the XLIX debacle I don't ever remember this board freaking out so much. Look, what has happened was years in the making and many of us were saying the same thing about the offensive game plan and OL inefficiencies. With this said the now publicized "storming out" by Russ took place many months ago and the media is trying to grasp at anything they can to get anyone and everyone to listen or read their reporting. Also Russ's agent is doing what agents do by floating out a wish list of teams to increase the leverage his client has.

It's likely nothing happens and Russ stays this year. I do think there will be improvements made by the team to accommodate some of if not a lot of what Russ wants. If this is the case and the team performs well this coming season the scenario likely changes where everyone is happy. If not, yes he may get traded but we cannot worry about ifs. And IF he did get traded the team will ask and get a kings ransom for him.

So for now just RELAX as it's likely this is a moot thing to be concerned about as a Hawks fan as deep down I truly believe both Russ and the team want to coincide and remain together.

Go Hawks.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Where there's smoke, there's fire. I don't think this is just the whimsical musings of the media, no not this time. There is probably some embellishments, but one thing is clear -- Wilson isn't happy with Seattle at the moment. That core message is the truth. We've even heard discontent straight from Wilson's own mouth. He likes the city, he likes the team, he souring on the head coach and his offensive philosophy.

Wilson didn't have the same demeanor this year. He looked defeated, zoned out. Wilson had a glazed over look in his eyes, he had that 1000 yard stare that Jim Mora would get when things weren't going his way. The tone of his pressers were more negative. I don't think all of these rumblings are baseless.

Even the language of agent, and Wilson himself. Rather than flat out deny trade rumors, they said -- yeah I'm not looking to be traded.... but if I were these are the teams I'd like to play for! That's a very strange way of phrasing things. Usually it's flat out denial. Instead we got a "I'm not looking to be traded" wink and smile.

Russell Wilson said himself "that's up to the organization" when asked about the trade rumors. I've been thinking about those words. Wilson complained about the offense structure and the lack of investment in the offensive line. He specified wanting more of a say in the hiring of coordinators and staff. Think about that for a moment. With the rhetoric that is coming from Wilson's camp, we can assume that if things don't go the way he wants them to, he's out. When he said "that is up to the organization" I think this is what he really means.

That statement about the organization is also very odd considering that Seattle has no say in whether they can trade Wilson or not because of his contract. Seattle can try and look for a trade partner all they want, but unless Wilson decides to waive the no trade clause it is a non starter. "That is up to the organization" -- change your ways or I'm forcing my way out one way or another.

With the way the rhetoric has been ramping up, I can assume that things aren't going the way Wilson wants them to go as of yet. I'm wondering what is going to happen if we don't get any lineman in free agency.

xray

Reaction score
I'm totally relaxed and actually eager for changes . Change is essential at times , so why not now ?

Elemas

Reaction score
xray":1uclbvmv said:
I'm totally relaxed and actually eager for changes . Change is essential at times , so why not now ?

I agree! 100%. Lets fire Pete, listen to Russ, and enjoy.

Because a trade would be one of the biggest mistakes in sports history.

Dafuq is wrong with this fan base?

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Elemas":2wjhg56t said:
xray":2wjhg56t said:

Yes, listen to Russ. Hand him the keys to the offense and win another Superbowl. Pete could maybe be vetically promoted to the front office. Bring in a new coach .

TreeRon

Reaction score
Trading Russ would be sooo Seattle. It would go down rivaling the Hershal Walker trade.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Seahawk media pundits are the most clueless people! Unanimously they say RW is staying for 2021, even Corbin Smith who says he heard rumors during the season still thinks RW is going to be a Seahawk in 2021. These people get paid to give their analysis on the Seahawks!! My post about these media pundits not understanding the Salary Cap situation demonstrates that are worthless too. To this day they are saying Seattle is worried about dead money if they trade RW, WTF? If Seattle trades RW they will go from #5 in cap space in 2022 to number #1! Salary Cap is about risk!! The lone risk Seattle has on its books is RW!!

Seattle has had years to make RW happy and the 2020 season proves they’re trying to drive RW out of the Franchise!!

Seattle has purposely put itself in this situation it would have been so easy to make Russ happy.

Keep in mind they know you disagree with their decisions and they know your saying they can’t win without Russ!!

They don’t care what you think cause they know they’re right!

FYI the other NFL franchises believe Seattle will eventually make RW available this year!

chris98251

Reaction score
I will say this to those that deny there is an issue.

Percy Harvin, nothing came out officially but we seen tidbits of issues, him not playing, cold shoulder of team mates etc.

Then things came out about locker room issues.

Then a story about refusing to go in and play.

Finally he was traded away and all the dirt came out about the altercation in the locker room and conflicts.

But the signs were there and talked about in this forum.

Richard Sherman had similar stuff going on, body language, sideline confrontations etc, the fact the team told him to even go see if he could find a trade partner.

Michael Bennett another player we seen had issues that showed up on the sidelines and rumors of conflict, was let go and not resigned and we find out that smoke was a small fire.

Earl, enough said.

Wilson was acting different in his press conferences after the lockdown during the season, his sideline demeanor was also different, you seen emotional frustration for maybe the first time on the sidelines.

There is an issue. So far every player having one has not been resigned and or traded. The Wilson situation is by far the biggest player involved. Philosophical differences with the guy calling the plays in the huddle may divide the locker room, something Pete will not tolerate I don't think. Then we have the fact Wilson could go rogue in the huddle and start calling plays himself like Farve did in Minny with Bevell as OC.

That would go over well also.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Palmegranite":2ttxqj9e said:
Elemas":2ttxqj9e said:
xray":2ttxqj9e said:

Yes, listen to Russ. Hand him the keys to the offense and win another Superbowl. Pete could maybe be vetically promoted to the front office. Bring in a new coach .

I listen to Russ! I think he’s delusional & full of crap! He says he wants to be Brady & Breeze, 2 guys guys that are polar opposites, then he launches his 394 394 chant which is the number of sacks in his career but declares he wants to play for the Bears, Raiders, Saints, & Cowboys but none of those teams will have good OL’s if RW goes there. When ask last season if he’s got too much going on outside of football after tossing 3 interceptions in a game he says “C’mon you know me, you all know me, everything I do is to win” we never get a straight answer out of the guy it’s always “you know me”!

Yes Russ I know you! But do you know I’m not brainwashed by the media? We are asking a straight up question give us a direct answer.

John63

Reaction score
TreeRon":27z24tmp said:
Trading Russ would be sooo Seattle. It would go down rivaling the Hershal Walker trade.

Well trading him would accomplish a few things.

1 allow PC to show he can do it without Wilson
2 give him a built-in excuse when he fails
3 give another team a franchise QB and a chance to be relevant and probably get into the playoffs and maybe win an SB
4 make us a laughingstock in the NFL

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":3jc43bef said:
I will say this to those that deny there is an issue.

Percy Harvin, nothing came out officially but we seen tidbits of issues, him not playing, cold shoulder of team mates etc.

Then things came out about locker room issues.

Then a story about refusing to go in and play.

Finally he was traded away and all the dirt came out about the altercation in the locker room and conflicts.

But the signs were there and talked about in this forum.

Richard Sherman had similar stuff going on, body language, sideline confrontations etc, the fact the team told him to even go see if he could find a trade partner.

Michael Bennett another player we seen had issues that showed up on the sidelines and rumors of conflict, was let go and not resigned and we find out that smoke was a small fire.

Earl, enough said.

Wilson was acting different in his press conferences after the lockdown during the season, his sideline demeanor was also different, you seen emotional frustration for maybe the first time on the sidelines.

There is an issue. So far every player having one has not been resigned and or traded. The Wilson situation is by far the biggest player involved. Philosophical differences with the guy calling the plays in the huddle may divide the locker room, something Pete will not tolerate I don't think. Then we have the fact Wilson could go rogue in the huddle and start calling plays himself like Farve did in Minny with Bevell as OC.

That would go over well also.

A lot of players end up having issues in Seattle and yet people claim its the kind of culture everybody wants to play for. Is it though? Even if it appears that way, it seems to sour pretty quickly. Petes a good motivator, but there needs to be more than just that.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
"What's wrong with this fanbase?"

You have to understand that there is a difference between wanting Wilson to be traded and reacting to what's going on.
I want Wilson to stay and if we're dreaming win 2 more rings with us. :D

But Russell Wilson is not happy in Seattle right now. That fact is more important than how good he is. How so? When the QB's heart is not in it the performance is limited, not to mention challenges to team chemistry. At its worst it can blow up a team and an entire season.

Another observation - Wilson's frustration is not new. How many of us think that Wilson is now suddenly frustrated? That he hasn't talked to the Seahawks and Pete at length in the past about these questions and increasing frustrations?

We can't know how long this has been simmering, but I'd be very surprised if it was just over the last season.

So Wilson is not happy and the Seahawks have been unable to make him happy.
The only remaining question is CAN the Seahawks make him happy in a year where we have limited draft capital and are up against the cap? If you can't make him happy then trades become more likely, although I would still venture that that would happen next off season.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":2euu9vo9 said:
"What's wrong with this fanbase?"

You have to understand that there is a difference between wanting Wilson to be traded and reacting to what's going on.
I want Wilson to stay and if we're dreaming win 2 more rings with us. :D

But Russell Wilson is not happy in Seattle right now. That fact is more important than how good he is. How so? When the QB's heart is not in it the performance is limited, not to mention challenges to team chemistry. At its worst it can blow up a team and an entire season.

Another observation - Wilson's frustration is not new. How many of us think that Wilson is now suddenly frustrated? That he hasn't talked to the Seahawks and Pete at length in the past about these questions and increasing frustrations?

We can't know how long this has been simmering, but I'd be very surprised if it was just over the last season.

So Wilson is not happy and the Seahawks have been unable to make him happy.
The only remaining question is CAN the Seahawks make him happy in a year where we have limited draft capital and are up against the cap? If you can't make him happy then trades become more likely, although I would still venture that that would happen next off season.

The Seahawks could have easily made Russ happy if personnel & philosophy are truly RW’s the main issues for Russ, I can’t be sure because Russ isn’t a straight talker.

So we have no choice but to take RW recent comments seriously which means Seattle could have easily made Russ happy but chose not too! What has Seattle done to stop this trade talk? Nothing! The new OC had to be hired because it’s true Seattle’s offense has been stale far too long & it doesn’t matter who the QB is we need a new OC.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
It's a cry for help from Russell. :(

Just like we were begging the media and whoever else would listen to say Fire Bevell and Fire Cable.

Pete is as hard headed as they come and as loyal as they come. He 100% believes in his philosophy and even when he tries a different approach and it works cannot admit there may be better approaches. He's hanging onto the 2012/13/14 success but does not have the players today that those teams had. IMO and many others he is not using RW's attributes to the fullest because he believes in run, use the clock and bend but don't give up the big play D.

As I said before though, I actually think this will be worked out and Russ stays another 5+ years.

hinton

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":lkbvbn92 said:
Seattle has had years to make RW happy and the 2020 season proves they’re trying to drive RW out of the Franchise!!

They were trying to drive him out the franchise by letting him cook until he sh*t the bed, then essentially letting him hire the next OC when the season ended?

Seems a strange way to 'drive' a player out of town.

Russ needs to shut up and improve his QB play. For the last few years he seems to be playing a game to get more power and control, and he's not good at it. If he's focused on his 'legacy' then he needs to focus purely on his QB play.

PC/JS need to upgrade the o-line and keep the core talent together.

SW needs to come up with a good offensive philosophy and hold Wilson to account.

Everyone else needs to chill.

John63

Reaction score
hinton":12bpu2y0 said:
FresnoHawk68":12bpu2y0 said:

They were trying to drive him out the franchise by letting him cook until he sh*t the bed, then essentially letting him hire the next OC when the season ended?

Seems a strange way to 'drive' a player out of town.

Russ needs to shut up and improve his QB play. For the last few years he seems to be playing a game to get more power and control, and he's not good at it. If he's focused on his 'legacy' then he needs to focus purely on his QB play.

PC/JS need to upgrade the o-line and keep the core talent together.

SW needs to come up with a good offensive philosophy and hold Wilson to account.

Everyone else needs to chill.

Well that's 1 minutes I can't get back.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score

Fade

Reaction score
Uhttp3A2F2Fiimgurcom2FwJTZIPB
Tone deaf OP :D :D :D

Mark Rodgers literally leaked to the media which teams Wilson would be willing to be traded to. 2021 is probably Wilson's last year with the Seahawks without a serious come to Jesus moment.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Elemas":mzq8ps4e said:
xray":mzq8ps4e said:

I think Wilson is gone even if Pete is gone. Unless the Seahawks make Russ the GM and coach he wants out because he wants a bigger market. It’s done so why not get something for him. He isn’t signing a contract even if it’s the highest ever. Plus his online isn’t happy with him saying they suck ass. When if you watch the tape he can’t see the whole field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Fade":2fwnchph said:
Uhttp3A2F2Fiimgurcom2FwJTZIPB
Tone deaf OP :D :D :D

Mark Rodgers literally leaked to the media which teams Wilson would be willing to be traded to. 2021 is probably Wilson's last year with the Seahawks without a serious come to Jesus moment.

Riiiight. And Bob Sugar was an honest agent. This is what they do my friend. They lie to pump up the leverage.

Hey if Dickie Dunne wrote it, it must be true.