Jody Allen needs to take control of this team.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
There has been a vacuum in Seahawks front office since the passing of PA . Jody is the owner and she really needs to start acting like it. Surround yourself with some trusted advisors and top football minds and make some tough decisions. If Pete and John are left to make all the decisions i'm extremely concerned about the future of the team . Alternatively hire a President of Football Operations above Pete to run it for you. If Pete can't live with that he can walk of get fired. Pete Carroll should not be President Head Coach and the last say in the draft that's a terrible way to run a franchise.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Okay.

Do you know of any top football minds sitting around that she can bring in to boss around the current leaders of the franchise, who've delivered 10+ wins in 8 of the last 9 seasons with a 9-7 season being the lone outlier?

hawk45

Reaction score
I see many ways that jody Allen going Godzilla ends up in disaster, and few ways that it ends up in success.

Pete and John have their mistakes, but the folks who want to jettison them mystify me as much as anyone who wants Russ gone, although there are far more of the former than the latter.

knownone

Reaction score
What vacuum? Allen died 2 years ago. The team has improved over that stretch, and Jody literally has Paul's advisers helping her run the team. I can understand not liking how the front office is handling things. What I can't understand is assuming they are some dumpster fire when literally everything they've done for the past decade says otherwise.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":28f51817 said:
Okay.

Do you know of any top football minds sitting around that she can bring in to boss around the current leaders of the franchise, who've delivered 10+ wins in 8 of the last 9 seasons with a 9-7 season being the lone outlier?

LOl just because ewe have won a lot in the regular season does not mean we can't do and be better. I agree we need someone to step in and be above PC.

hawk45

Reaction score
John63":eo2ow9zu said:
Maelstrom787":eo2ow9zu said:
Okay.

LOl just because ewe have won a lot in the regular season does not mean we can't do and be better. I agree we need someone to step in and be above PC.
Well between you and maelstrom I know which take I’ll go with lol.

John63

Reaction score
hawk45":nz2x1hyo said:
John63":nz2x1hyo said:
Maelstrom787":nz2x1hyo said:
Okay.

Well between you and maelstrom I know which take I’ll go with lol.

hmm and yet I dont care

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Paul Allen stayed in the background, but also demanded accountability. He was patient but also quick to action when need be. Remember when he stripped Holmgren of GM duties, and fired Jim Mora and Tim Ruskell after one bad year? He knew just when to intervene.

The issue with Carroll is he has unchecked power. From what I've heard he's essentially acting as the defacto owner. He's involved in just about every aspect of the Seahawks operations. I don't think a 5 year extension would have came under Paul Allen either -- especially given Pete Carroll's age. He's the team president, head coach, and head of football operations. No other head coach has this much control over the team and he's doing it at the age of 69.

Jody Allen, or someone needs to hold Carroll accountable. Every coach in the NFL is accountable to someone. This situation with Wilson should have never gotten to this point and it is one of Carroll's big failings as the Seahawks HC. We've also heard Metcalf, and Lockett complain about his offense.

There is trouble brewing right now. Honestly, Carroll just needs to step away from the offense entirely at this point. Just tell the OC what you want, and allow the OC and QB to do their thing. Don't inject your own schemes or meddle. When Schottenheimer was hired Carroll stated that over 70 percent of the playbook was going to be his. This situation wasn't created out of nowhere.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
By giving Pete his new contract, that was a very clear sign that Jody is perfectly fine with Pete having as much power over operations and personnel as he wants.

So I don't think anyone who thinks Pete should be gone is going to get their wish until she sells the team, or Pete retires.

I'm 50/50 on Pete, I love what he brings to the organization from a stability, leadership and culture perspective, but IMO no coach should have as much power and final say over an entire organization............so I think we've been seeing the result of that dysfunction and lack of accountability over personnel the past 2-3 years.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":24w8x2jo said:
Maelstrom787":24w8x2jo said:
Okay.

Nothing funny about it. Manufacturing a power struggle for no reason benefits absolutely no one.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Yes, hopefully she can bring the kind of Dan Snyder/Jerry Jones owner mentality that brings the kind of greatness that only an overactive owner can.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2f9ff50w said:
There has been a vacuum in Seahawks front office since the passing of PA . Jody is the owner and she really needs to start acting like it. Surround yourself with some trusted advisors and top football minds and make some tough decisions. If Pete and John are left to make all the decisions i'm extremely concerned about the future of the team . Alternatively hire a President of Football Operations above Pete to run it for you. If Pete can't live with that he can walk of get fired. Pete Carroll should not be President Head Coach and the last say in the draft that's a terrible way to run a franchise.

Smartest decision Jody has made in her life extending both Pete Carroll & John Schneider! Obviously she’s tired of RW too!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seems that people here want every single person in the Seattle organization to "declare war" on the front office, unless its Russell Wilson.

Forthewin

Reaction score
I think all the drama and hysteria is on this board, not at the Seahawks head quarters. The team has 1 tough choice to make with plenty of people working on it. They will be fine.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1cw22afu said:
Yes, hopefully she can bring the kind of Dan Snyder/Jerry Jones owner mentality that brings the kind of greatness that only an overactive owner can.
Nobody is saying she should be Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones, that is just a strawman argument. Paul Allen wasn't exactly a passive owner either like some like to paint him out to be. He held regular meetings with the coaches and players. Allen let his coaches do and front office do their thing, but would immediately intervene if he sensed something was wrong. He gave the football people room to work, but also didn't give them unchecked power. Allen was, quite frankly probably the best owner in the NFL.

Jody Allen is just there. She gave Carroll a five year extension, something Paul Allen never did himself. The view around the league is that Carroll has unchecked power at the moment. People mention Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones, but there is another sort of toxic owner. People like Mike Brown that are completely hands off and don't really care one way or another. They just let things happen and fester.

I can guarantee you one thing, Paul Allen would be intervening in this situation if he were still alive. Does that mean Carroll gets fired? No, it does mean that perhaps he would walk back some of Carroll's power or mediate though. Perhaps he would give Wilson more of a say in the offense and strategy going forward, or maybe it would mean he does give Wilson his prefered pick of coordinators. There are many actions Paul Allen could take outside of "fire Pete" although that very well could be on the table if he felt that Carroll has lost control of the team or he felt he didn't like the direction.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2ta0yz28 said:
bmorepunk":2ta0yz28 said:
Nobody is saying she should be Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones, that is just a strawman argument. Paul Allen wasn't exactly a passive owner either like some like to paint him out to be. He held regular meetings with the coaches and players. Allen let his coaches do and front office do their thing, but would immediately intervene if he sensed something was wrong. He gave the football people room to work, but also didn't give them unchecked power. Allen was, quite frankly probably the best owner in the NFL.

Jody Allen is just there. She gave Carroll a five year extension, something Paul Allen never did himself. The view around the league is that Carroll has unchecked power at the moment. People mention Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones, but there is another sort of toxic owner. People like Mike Brown that are completely hands off and don't really care one way or another. They just let things happen and fester.

I can guarantee you one thing, Paul Allen would be intervening in this situation if he were still alive. Does that mean Carroll gets fired? No, it does mean that perhaps he would walk back some of Carroll's power or mediate though. Perhaps he would give Wilson more of a say in the offense and strategy going forward, or maybe it would mean he does give Wilson his prefered pick of coordinators. There are many actions Paul Allen could take outside of "fire Pete" although that very well could be on the table if he felt that Carroll has lost control of the team or he felt he didn't like the direction.

Paul Allen gave Pete the power!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This guy nails it on Pete. Go to 1:30 in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckty0panfFw

Then go listen to Michael Shawn Dugar talk about the issues Pete is creating:

https://youtu.be/9okrXBd_U4Y

Pete believes in Pete, when Pete has stopped delivering successful results for several years. His QB has carried him, chafing under it, and yet even so - Pete refuses to believe in his QB.

So he is setting it up so he loses his QB. I have no doubt his geriatric brain believes he can do this again with another QB. Just 'need to run the ball and play great defense'.

Of course we play garbage defense. Ken Norton is horrific. And we just lost Dunlap. The only reason Pete fielded a great defense in the past was the LOB and that is gone. There is no path to 'great defense' coming. And the RBs we will end up relying on are middling at best.

Pete won't change. So there is no solution for us because Pete makes the decisions. He won't fire himself. He won't change philosophy. He is going to lose Wilson because he thinks he is in control of this situation.

He isn't. Wilson is driving this now.

Wilson wants an MVP, playoff wins, and a SB trip.

And he knows he cannot get what he wants under Pete.

xray

Reaction score
Isn't she trying or has sold the Trailblazers right now ? Everything in their world is for sale . IMO

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2owra6cw said:
Spin Doctor":2owra6cw said:
bmorepunk":2owra6cw said:

Paul Allen gave Pete the power!
Yes, he did give Carroll that power, but as I said -- Carroll had to answer to Paul Allen. They would meet often to discuss the direction of the franchise. Allen made Pete account for his actions or lack thereof. There is no Paul Allen figure anymore, instead we have a placeholder owner. Pete Carroll has nobody that he is accountable to right now. Carroll is acting as the defacto owner. He's managing every bit of the franchise. With Paul Allen, Carroll had to justify his actions. Don't you think that Paul Allen would have a thing to or two that he would like to say in this situation and how it has been handled? Especially since Allen and Wilson were close on a personal level.

Another thing to consider here is that Paul Allen has also been known to strip powers from his coaches when the situation calls for it. Consider when Holmgren first came here. Holmgren was GM and was doing a poor job of drafting. Paul Allen swooped in and took away his GM powers. At the very least Paul Allen would be mediating this situation. Right now Carroll has free reign to do whatever the hell he wants. He is the franchise at the moment, everything starts and ends with Carroll. No other coach has this kind of free reign in the NFL. He may as well be the owner of the franchise at this point.