Poll: Which 2nd year player will make biggest impact?

Which 2nd year player will be most improved?

• Jordyn Brooks

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Darrell Taylor

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Damien Lewis

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Colby Parkinson

• Deejay Dallas

• Alton Robinson

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Freddie Swain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stephen Sullivan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Which 2nd year player heading into next season do you feel confident will take the biggest step forward to improve upon their rookie campaign and make the biggest impact?

The players in the poll are all of our draft picks from last year, which includes Darrell Taylor who didn't play last season, so he is a wild card.

Brooks would be my vote since he stood out when given playing time last season, and I think he's got a ton of potential. I'm curious what Parkinson can do going forward as well.
Alton Robinson also had some nice plays last season when healthy. Damien Lewis was a pleasant surprise up front on the O line. What do you guys say?

Fade

Reaction score
Alton Robinson can be a 10 sack guy if he gets the reps.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Jer, thanks for bringing a fun topic up to discuss.

Alton Robinson looked really good in flashes for a rookie, and he should get plenty of playing time next season. His flash should garner a lot of attention.

Damien Lewis very easily could be a Pro Bowler. I also feel like Freddie Swain and Colby Parkinson could thrive under Waldron. I'd love to see Parkinson develop into the next Tyler Higbee.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
If they trade Bobby, Brooks because he’ll be playing MLB and if they don’t Brooks because he’ll be playing WILL! Without Great WILL & MLB play Carroll’s defense will collapse, Safety play is second most important! That’s why they spent 2 round 1’s on Adam’s. Everyone is moaning because they know those draft picks could be used for Defensive line but D-line is far easier to fix than Safety & your about to see in the 2021 Free Agent Market that D-line supply & demand, supply wins over demand!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
nwHawk":2i5dm0eu said:
Jer, thanks for bringing a fun topic up to discuss.

Alton Robinson looked really good in flashes for a rookie, and he should get plenty of playing time next season. His flash should garner a lot of attention.

Damien Lewis very easily could be a Pro Bowler. I also feel like Freddie Swain and Colby Parkinson could thrive under Waldron. I'd love to see Parkinson develop into the next Tyler Higbee.

Damien may always be under rated and may not make many Pro Bowls because New England in 2020 drafted Michigan Guard Mike Onwenu 6”5 350lbs round 6, pick 182. Onwenu was ALL PRO his rookie year!

Vetamur

Reaction score
Good topic and best of all its just opinions so we can just have fun and not get bent out of shape, right?

Tough call. Man the homer in me wants to say the all take off and elevate their game.. but I guess a realistic answer is more fun.

Alton Robinson flashed in limited time and should get a lot of votes. For the draft capital invested you kind of hope its Brooks..but Im going wild card.

Darrell Taylor. Gonna make up for a lost year. I really think so.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Since KJ won't be back it has to be Brooks. The rest of that list are mostly underwhelming types.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm standing alone with Darrell Taylor. If he gets healthy, I think we're looking at a Leo that could grow into an Avril-tier rusher.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3vmgdkfo said:
I'm standing alone with Darrell Taylor. If he gets healthy, I think we're looking at a Leo that could grow into an Avril-tier rusher.

Daryl Taylor is a beast and a legit round 1 prospect! He could easily become a Super Star if we could get better play at 3 tech. Those 2 DE’s Pete drafted are real sharp moves by Schneider just like DK.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":12ee9kex said:

Nice take!
I created this thread with you in mind certain you would go with Brooks. Nice curveball man!
I hope you're right. It would be huge if Taylor can contribute.