More “reports”

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Interesting. I think RW may be correct. Once Nate and Brennan started getting more influential roles on the coaching staff, the Seahawks started to struggle and underachieve (especially in the playoffs). It's not just them but also I believe that Pete spent less time being a "head coach" with their rise on the coaching staff.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Paul Allen recruited Pete from USC by offering Pete full control & final say! It’s in Pete’s contract! Why did RW resign after his rookie contract ended when Pete’s contract gives him final say? Years later why did Russ resign with Seattle again making RW the highest player in the league when Pete’s contract gives Pete ultimate power?

It wasn’t that long ago when 60% fans said RW stunk as a QB, RW has had maybe 3 years where everyone agrees he’s a top 5 QB.

RW is not a smart guy and he’s demonstrating it to the world with these silly leaks! RW needs to remember who signs his check and focus on making himself marketable to NFL teams and get off rally the fans crap.

John63

Reaction score
hawkfan68":268eb7iy said:
Interesting. I think RW may be correct. Once Nate and Brennan started getting more influential roles on the coaching staff, the Seahawks started to struggle and underachieve (especially in the playoffs). It's not just them but also I believe that Pete spent less time being a "head coach" with their rise on the coaching staff.

I agree, and I am betting other players feel the same way,

knownone

Reaction score
This is a poorly thought out and executed article. First, it says that Pete and his sons answer to know one, then it describes Nate's situation with "Nate Carroll stepped away from his job because he was frustrated with his role," which seems to indicate the opposite of what the author stated is true.

Second, the author mischaracterized Pete's fairly normal quote about working with his family and turns it into a referendum on the power dynamic within the team, which is a ludicrous assertion to anyone who has ever been in a work setting with a close friend or family member. In other words, some people have a level of trust where they can tell you things that other people would not. This dynamic does not change.

If this did come from Russell's camp, it says more about them than Pete. Which is to say they are willing to throw crap in all directions, hoping it eventually sticks.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
John63":3f9az40r said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3f9az40r said:

The fact that only his sons the only ones he would not fire were the only ones who felt they could tell PC thing seven if he did not want to hear them says alot. And this is straight form PCs mouth.

It’s says exactly what Pete’s contract says, Pete’s the boss! If you don’t like Pete’s contract tell the Seahawk Franchise & tell them why they should change Pete’s contract!

You could also call John Schneider and tell him too! But don’t forget John Schneider would rather work under Pete than be the boss over everyone on an NFL team!

John63

Reaction score
knownone":34uyy9e8 said:
This is a poorly thought out and executed article. First, it says that Pete and his sons answer to know one, then it describes Nate's situation with "Nate Carroll stepped away from his job because he was frustrated with his role," which seems to indicate the opposite of what the author stated is true.

Second, the author mischaracterized Pete's fairly normal quote about working with his family and turns it into a referendum on the power dynamic within the team, which is a ludicrous assertion to anyone who has ever been in a work setting with a close friend or family member. In other words, some people have a level of trust where they can tell you things that other people would not. This dynamic does not change.

If this did come from Russell's camp, it says more about them than Pete. Which is to say they are willing to throw crap in all directions, hoping it eventually sticks.

What happened to the were there is smoke there is fire, oh wait I forgot that only counts when its Wilson.

I don't agree Nate can be frustrated with his role because he wanted even more control then he had and PC who is a control freak said no, or he wanted his brothers job or anyone of a number of things.OR maybe Nate saw what others are seeing and that his dad has to much power, maybe he agreed with Wilson, The reality is there are a lot of reasons and none of other change what PC himself said. If his 2 sons were the only ones willing to tell him things then that tells you PC has to much power and does not listen that fall s in line with what is annoying Wilson. As to who leaked it given their are direct PC quotes this came at lest to some point from PC.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
John63":25mi7b97 said:
hawkfan68":25mi7b97 said:

I agree, and I am betting other players feel the same way,

I thought one of the sons left Seattle to be a college coach, if that’s true, what’s the point of the article? But I will say I’m seeing consistent lunacy from the RW camp so the article is no surprise!

John63

Reaction score
What is most telling about this article is these are quotes form PC. Not from some unamed source but PC himself.

"Pete Carroll himself has indicated that Nate and Brennan were the two coaches on the staff who held him accountable." PC himself said , not member sof the staff said but PC said.

"“I’m [going to] really miss Brennan not being part of our club because he and Nate have been really big factors because they’ll tell me stuff other guys won’t tell me,” Pete Carroll said last month. "

Yeah when your sons are the only coaches willing to tell you things, and the only ones willing to hold you accountable that is a HUGE problem and falls right in line with what Wilson problems are. POC does not listen to anyone. Now of course there is Schneider and why would he resign here is all this is true, well Money is the biggest reason, and the fact since PC calls all the shots he has no accountability either, hey I did what PC wanted and PC answers to no one.

John63

Reaction score
What is most telling about this article is these are quotes form PC. Not from some unamed source but PC himself.

"Pete Carroll himself has indicated that Nate and Brennan were the two coaches on the staff who held him accountable." PC himself said , not member sof the staff said but PC said.

"“I’m [going to] really miss Brennan not being part of our club because he and Nate have been really big factors because they’ll tell me stuff other guys won’t tell me,” Pete Carroll said last month. "

Yeah when your sons are the only coaches willing to tell you things, and the only ones willing to hold you accountable that is a HUGE problem and falls right in line with what Wilson problems are. POC does not listen to anyone. Now of course there is Schneider and why would he resign here is all this is true, well Money is the biggest reason, and the fact since PC calls all the shots he has no accountability either, hey I did what PC wanted and PC answers to no one.

Amazing how some are willing to believe article that quote unnamed sources, but not willing to believe it when it is the person themselves. But in the end I guess it is all about whom you like YOU are PC person you will believe what you want, if you are anti PC or not a big PC guy you believe what you like. Same with Wilson.

All that aside as with Wilson and I did agree were there is spoke there fire and the same holds true with PC.

Whatever is or is not going on with this team PC is just as responsible as Wilson perhaps more so given he is unlimited un checked power.

knownone

Reaction score
John63":2tywezbb said:
knownone":2tywezbb said:

What happened to the were there is smoke there is fire, oh wait I forgot that only counts when its Wilson.
lol. I can't tell if this is low effort trolling or a legitimate attempt at criticism.

Nonetheless, there is a massive difference between an article that sources more than 4 players and a PFT piece that sources Russell Wilson's camp. In this case, the smoke and fire are still coming from Wilson, which confirms my previous statement. But hey, don't let that detract from your indiscriminate and unabashed support of Wilson's camp and their childish antics.

pinksheets

Reaction score
As I noted in the other thread, that's either a laughable misinterpretation of that quote or a willful one to support your existing narrative.

People constantly say family will tell you hard truths other people won't. It's basically a cliche. That's all that statement is.

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":261k2r3c said:
As I noted in the other thread, that's either a laughable misinterpretation of that quote or a willful one to support your existing narrative.

People constantly say family will tell you hard truths other people won't. It's basically a cliche. That's all that statement is.

Hmm so the fact that a guy who preaches accountability can only be held accountable by his sons means nothing. To me it means there is a problem were his other coaches are unwilling or fearful to hold you accountable. But I get it if this was Wilson you guys would jump all over it but its PC, and we need to protect the guy that did nothing before Wilson.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
John63":c8tfq5xq said:

No way your reading it wrong!!! Pete was propping up his sons in the Football community so that they will have good careers & make a lot of $$$. That way his grand kids, great great grand kids, don’t starve and Pete’s legacy lives on.

To suggest Pete is narrow minded & doesn’t listen to his players & coaches doesn’t jive with his coaching history, results, or his coaching philosophy! What your saying is equivalent to saying Pete is committed to losing, he wrote a book on losing philosophy, & Pete wants to lose.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
John63":3y1uqecw said:
pinksheets":3y1uqecw said:

Hmm so the fact that a guy who preaches accountability can only be held accountable by his sons means nothing. To me it means there is a problem were his other coaches are unwilling or fearful to hold you accountable. But I get it if this was Wilson you guys would jump all over it but its PC, and we need to protect the guy that did nothing before Wilson.

someone has to be the CEO! In Seattle it's Pete! Stop pushing BS and admit you don’t like Seattle’s CEO and if you want to be constructive find a replacement CEO before you take out the current one!

John63

Reaction score
The reality if the situation we are in is it sis probably both PC and Wilson both at fault in different ways.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This will be an interesting season.

The new strategy is clearly to annoy Pete.

Everything from calling out the Oline, to diminishing Pete's accomplishments, to going after his nepotism - is going to be geared to bother Pete personally.

Wilson's camp is going to slow drip a constant stream of negatively slanted stories from the inside, for a full offseason and likely the next season. They are going to make it personal for Pete so he just wants rid of Wilson no matter the cost (or in this instance, dead money hit).

It will probably work.

Pete has a lot of pride and self-belief. He will not like seeing all his accomplishments in the NFL attributed to someone else and then having someone leak every little detail that paints him or the team in a bad light for another year.

As I stated before...this is a campaign. It is a coordinated effort to assure that Carroll is so driven to off-load Wilson that he will agree to near anything workable the Wilson camp proposes at the end.

So we will see a lot of this until either Pete backs down or Wilson leaves.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
John63":2ht0080w said:
The reality if the situation we are in is it sis probably both PC and Wilson both at fault in different ways.

Now that’s %100 true! Every year we do not win the Super Bowl something went wrong! Each year we get a fresh start and must get better and we must do what is necessary to accomplish it.

Going into 2020 we had issues with Russ, OC, talent, and the salary cap! Pete & John made the decision to postpone any major moves until 2021 which was brilliant but the major drawback is no Super Bowl win in 2020 & lots of drama.

Presently Pete & John were rewarded for their delay, we have the 5th most cap space in 2022 with only 1 player on a high risk contract RW who is about to be traded = zero high risk contracts for now & #1 Salary Cap Space in 2022, new OC, and talent to be determined!

Fans overlook the importance of Salary Cap years beyond the current year they are in! Fans also overlook the risk factors involved in 2nd & 3rd contracts for players!

NFL is experiencing the one of the rarest & worst possible industry catastrophes and Seattle is basically immune to it all while many teams are in danger of going bankrupt!!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":21zfief7 said:
This will be an interesting season.

The new strategy is clearly to annoy Pete.

Everything from calling out the Oline, to diminishing Pete's accomplishments, to going after his nepotism - is going to be geared to bother Pete personally.

Wilson's camp is going to slow drip a constant stream of negatively slanted stories from the inside, for a full offseason and likely the next season. They are going to make it personal for Pete so he just wants rid of Wilson no matter the cost (or in this instance, dead money hit).

It will probably work.

Pete has a lot of pride and self-belief. He will not like seeing all his accomplishments in the NFL attributed to someone else and then having someone leak every little detail that paints him or the team in a bad light for another year.

As I stated before...this is a campaign. It is a coordinated effort to assure that Carroll is so driven to off-load Wilson that he will agree to near anything workable the Wilson camp proposes at the end.

So we will see a lot of this until either Pete backs down or Wilson leaves.

Pete doesn’t care what people think never did! In fact he’s been promoting his sons experience with the Seahawks to the football community as a major benefit to organizations hiring his sons. Clearly he doesn’t believe what most in the media are saying.

Wilson is not very smart and I hope other teams don’t figure it out before the trade is finalized.