KJ: "No Discount" and "What's Wrong With SF?"

W

Welshers

KJ took to twitter to let his opinions be known. He told a fan that he wants to stay in Seattle but will absolutely not take a discount to do so. When a fan said they would wish him well anywhere but in SF, he goes "What's wrong with SF?" Pretty scary and sacreligous stuff considering SF has 13m of free cap space... This is the most worried I've been for this Seahawks team in a long time. It feels like there's the potential for things to finally go off the rails here.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... n-twitter/

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Welshers":2w3odnl9 said:
KJ took to twitter to let his opinions be known. He told a fan that he wants to stay in Seattle but will absolutely not take a discount to do so. When a fan said they would wish him well anywhere but in SF, he goes "What's wrong with SF?" Pretty scary and sacreligous stuff considering SF has 13m of free cap space... This is the most worried I've been for this Seahawks team in a long time. It feels like there's the potential for things to finally go off the rails here.

At this point, he shouldn’t take a discount.

This is probably his last big contract, and it helps set up life after football.

If he can get more than what Seattle may offer, why shouldn’t take more? Wouldn’t you?

I’m not in the least bit mad at him.

If he gets offered more, even if it happens to be San Francisco, he should take it.

Your time for earning big bucks in the NFL isn’t permanent.

You would be making terrible financial decisions if you take less money.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

TheLegendOfBoom":3je89uv7 said:
Welshers":3je89uv7 said:

This is probably his last big contract, and it helps set up life after football.

If he can get more than what Seattle may offer, why shouldn’t take more? Wouldn’t you?

If he gets offered more, even if it happens to be San Francisco, he should take it.

I agree. I'm not mad and I don't blame him. He knows whats wrong with SF for Seahawks fans though!!!!

mrblitz

Reaction score
imo, KJ is a hall of famer... for what he did in his career. these days, he's lost a step. maybe we could actually plug in someone better at this point in time?

i know, KJ has veteran savvy, but maybe youthful athleticism can give us an advantage in a new player?

KJ is definitely one of the greats, but this seems like a time to rebuild the defense. ymmv

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Welshers":1c8vexd3 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1c8vexd3 said:
Welshers":1c8vexd3 said:

I agree. I'm not mad and I don't blame him. He knows what's wrong with SF for Seahawks fans though!!!!
Fan loyalty for a Team, its Coaches & Players, doesn't always jive with a players loyalty, Players get traded or shipped out to wherever, or just sent packing to fend for themselves & their families, so there is a bit of cut-throat, and let's face it, there are teams who take every advantage they can of rival teams....See Waldron LOL

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
No worse than Sherm signing with SF. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. KJ should look out for KJ.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
He can do what he wants and is trying to up the bid/deal for wherever he goes.

To those asking "wouldn't you do this?", that is the wrong question.

That question is treating KJ, or any football player, as a normal person with normal finances. They are not. By one estimate Wright has a net worth of $14M. Just throwing placeholder numbers out there if SF offered $8M vs. Seattle offering $6M you would then say "goodness, take the $8M". That's because you're not currently worth $14M. That's more $$$ than most reading this post will ever hope to make, even in a lifetime of work.

At this point a better question KJ should ask himself (or any highly paid athlete) is how much is enough?
How much $$$ makes you happy? And if you are happy with the $$$, is anything else important to you? Other things that are important could be...

- Training facilities.
- Staff and coaching.
- Community.
- Championship windows.

It's not market economics when you just go after the $$$, it's greed. That is course the player's right to be as greedy as they want, but it's interesting considering how many athletes have picked the $$$ and then are not happy. That includes many QBs in the NFL.

The Seahawks made Wilson the most highly paid player for the time and yet right now he's not happy.
It's not always about the $$$, or should I say not JUST about the $$$. So many of us that say it should be in order to defend a given athlete have no conception of what it's like to have that much $$$ in your bank account. :)

Sea84hawks

Reaction score
Last year Kj played much better than Wagner! It supposed to be Wagner taking a pay cut not KJ!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Worried? There's nothing to be "worried" about man.

This team is going absolutely nowhere with Carroll running the show. The ship for a championship sailed long ago my friends. We are in the epilogue of the story at this point.

I won't be excited about Seahawks football until Carroll leaves.

In regards to KJ, I wish him the best. I hope he goes somewhere and gets paid, regardless if it's in division or not. Brooks is waiting in the wings to take the job.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Jerhawk":3mo6af9h said:
Worried? There's nothing to be "worried" about man.

This team is going absolutely nowhere with Carroll running the show. The ship for a championship sailed long ago my friends. We are in the epilogue of the story at this point.

I won't be excited about Seahawks football until Carroll leaves.

In regards to KJ, I wish him the best. I hope he goes somewhere and gets paid, regardless if it's in division or not. Brooks is waiting in the wings to take the job.
We'll see if your still singing that tune in September. I know what you mean, but no matter how bad we are I always seem to get excited around the first game!

knownone

Reaction score
I love KJ. If he wants to ride off into the sunset getting paid top dollar on a bad team, good for him.

Fun fact: KJ has twice as many playoff appearances as the Niners franchise since 2002. Maybe he can teach them a lesson on not overpaying for aging free agents.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
mrblitz":1ra74p7r said:
imo, KJ is a hall of famer... for what he did in his career. these days, he's lost a step. maybe we could actually plug in someone better at this point in time?

i know, KJ has veteran savvy, but maybe youthful athleticism can give us an advantage in a new player?

KJ is definitely one of the greats, but this seems like a time to rebuild the defense. ymmv

KJ is absolutely not a hall of famer.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1xi2vzro said:
mrblitz":1xi2vzro said:

KJ is absolutely not a hall of famer.

Not a HOFer, but ROHer? KJ has been a leader in every way, and had a terrific career and been a key part of the Seahawks's success for a decade now.