JJ Watt to AZ and what it could mean for the Hawks

PNW

Reaction score
I know he’s not in his prime but he can still make a huge impact for that D. Getting a good O-line to face everyone in our division is more important than ever now.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
LMAO
Russ: "I'm tired of being hit so much."
Cards: Sign J.J. Watt

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1pnfc218 said:
LMAO
Russ: "I'm tired of being hit so much."
Cards: Sign J.J. Watt
:lol: :lol:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
JJ Watt is one of the best at batting balls down at the LOS as well. He really destroys throwing lanes for QB's. His nickname back in the day was JJ SWAT. He could potentially be very troublesome for us.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I like the guy and don't wish harm to anyone....

That being said though, the odds of him playing an entire season even somewhat healthy is about 10%.

John63

Reaction score
Guys think abotu this for a moment

"Since 2012, Jones has had the most sacks (97.5) in the NFL while Watt has the second-most (95.5). Now they play in the same defense, and the Cardinals, who had 48 sacks last year, could get over 50 in 2021 with Watt.

Wilson’s Seahawks suddenly find themselves in a division that has Jones, Watt, the Rams’ Aaron Donald, the 49ers’ Nick Bosa, and a bunch of other first-round defensive linemen. That’s six games of torture every season coming with the potential of more hits on Wilson."

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
John63":27j8kvj0 said:
Guys think abotu this for a moment

"Since 2012, Jones has had the most sacks (97.5) in the NFL while Watt has the second-most (95.5). Now they play in the same defense, and the Cardinals, who had 48 sacks last year, could get over 50 in 2021 with Watt.

Wilson’s Seahawks suddenly find themselves in a division that has Jones, Watt, the Rams’ Aaron Donald, the 49ers’ Nick Bosa, and a bunch of other first-round defensive linemen. That’s six games of torture every season coming with the potential of more hits on Wilson."
Scary :(

TraderGary

Reaction score
Jones on one end, and Watt on the other is a lethal combination. They damn well better make RW happy and get some GOOD OL in here or he's gonna get crushed even worse than he has. Sure maybe Watt is not what he was, but he's still a damn good football player and potential difference maker at key points in the game.

We need to go after one of either Scherff, Thuney, or Linsley and draft the best available guard or center with our first pick in the draft.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
JJ Watt is 31-years-old. He's been oft-injured in recent years, his body has taken an incredible beating. I simply do not get why this is such a big deal. His leadership will far outweigh his productivity on the field. Sure, he's going to have some disruptive plays here and there but this is not Aaron Donald we're talking about.

Much ado folks. Much ado.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
JJ Watt played all 16 games two of the last three seasons. Sounds like we’re going to go into another year underestimating our opponents again. And the person who will suffer the most, once again is Russell Wilson.

Every year we underestimate a major flaw or obvious threat. We ignored the Niners until they dominated in 2019. We ignored the McVay threat until he kept kicking our butt. We ignored Chandler Jones threat, assuming Belichick must have let him go for a reason.

Now, we are ignoring the JJ Watt threat. When you love someone let em go. Get Russ the heck out of here for his own sake. We don’t take protecting him seriously enough, we expect him to overcome every obstacle. Let us start fresh.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Things are rarely as good as you hope or as bad as you fear.

So it probably won't lead to us being winless in the NFC West.

Remember, our secondary was supposed to be loaded with Dunbar and Griffin + Adams & Diggs.

Things always have a tendency to look better on paper.

but not great news.

James in PA

Reaction score
Oh boy. I just hope we can draft some more “versatile” offensive linemen who can be plugged in anywhere! Clearly this is the way to go, as proven by the Hawks time & time again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We need to trade DK,Adams and cut Wags so RW can have a great line.
We don't want him restructuring because he needs every penny for
himself and his legacy...Cook it up Russ!

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/chanjones55/status/1366457502036992001[/tweet]

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":11xzhhnn said:
We need to trade DK,Adams and cut Wags so RW can have a great line.
We don't want him restructuring because he needs every penny for
himself and his legacy...Cook it up Russ!

You mean like he did to get Brown?

RedAlice

Reaction score
PNW":1gurzn78 said:
I know he’s not in his prime but he can still make a huge impact for that D. Getting a good O-line to face everyone in our division is more important than ever now.

Dude.

JJ Watt is only barely less ferocious than 99.

Prime? I’m giggling.

Pair JJ up w Chandler Jones? Well, that’s a day at the office.

V YOUR WEAKEST opponent.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Played in 32 of 64 games the last 4 seasons. Great player when he's actually ON THE FIELD.
Until then, just more pre-season hype that likely doesn't amount to much.

xray

Reaction score
Wilson will have to order extra incontinence protection this season . :D

chris98251

Reaction score
You don't play him every down, you rotate him in and in obvious situations put Chandler and him in together. Veteran management to get him all season and when it matters.

Your paying him for impact plays, Rams and 49ers are going to feel it since they use a lot more passing plays.

Russell will be safe, he is just playing Pete ball now :)

James in PA

Reaction score
Watt: “Signs kept pointing” to Cardinals.

....Yea, dollar signs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk