With no trades or changes, how far do the Hawks go in 2021

Forthewin

Reaction score
Russ, Wags, Pete and everyone stays. The Hawks draft for need and maybe 1 or 2 nice signings happen. Lets get crazy and somehow Gordon gets back on the field and everyone is healthy...How deep do they go?

Super Bowl Baby!

AgentDib

Reaction score
Vegas has the Seahawks at +2200. That's a 4.5% chance of winning the Super Bowl which seems pretty fair.

We could push the odds up to maybe 6% with a great off-season but it's not going to get higher than that whatever we do given our tough division and that we are paying our star players fair market value.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It all matters how much Pete keeps his hands out of the offensive cookie jar.
The more “Pete Ball” = less wins, the less he is involved with the offense = more wins IMHO.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
backing into the playoffs, or perhaps just missing them and an early exit from the playoffs.

This team has a lot of huge, gaping holes. We're potential going to lose Grifin, and Dunbar, our line is one of the worst in the NFL. Our best player on the line could also fall off a cliff at any moment from a production point of view. We have a disgruntled QB that is currently at odds with the HC. We have no depth at running back, Collins, Penny, Dallas, and Homer is NOT a good RB stable. Our TE's are garbage. With Dunlap being released we have no viable pass rushers, KJ is also probably going to be gone. This team is not looking good going forward, and we really hamstrung ourselves with the Jamal Adams trade.

We have a few strengths on our team, but knowing Carroll i'm not sure if we will ride those strengths.

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1i9jjowl said:
backing into the playoffs, or perhaps just missing them and an early exit from the playoffs.

This team has a lot of huge, gaping holes. We're potential going to lose Grifin, and Dunbar, our line is one of the worst in the NFL. Our best player on the line could also fall off a cliff at any moment from a production point of view. We have a disgruntled QB that is currently at odds with the HC. We have no depth at running back, Collins, Penny, Dallas, and Homer is NOT a good RB stable. Our TE's are garbage. With Dunlap being released we have no viable pass rushers, KJ is also probably going to be gone. This team is not looking good going forward, and we really hamstrung ourselves with the Jamal Adams trade.

We have a few strengths on our team, but knowing Carroll i'm not sure if we will ride those strengths.

I agree. I’ll add that the schedule doesn’t look like a walk in the park like this past year turned out to be. A healthy niners team, the rams being the rams, and a potentially stronger cards team with the jj watt pickup...imo we very easily could be last in our division. A moot point really, if our coaches still can’t gameplan and can’t adjust.

Right now I’m just not seeing anything to make our team stronger or better than last year and a whole lot to make it weaker. imho we go 7-9 next year. hopefully they prove me very very wrong

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hawaii-hawk":2qsrzsya said:
Spin Doctor":2qsrzsya said:

I agree. I’ll add that the schedule doesn’t look like a walk in the park like this past year turned out to be. A healthy niners team, the rams being the rams, and a potentially stronger cards team with the jj watt pickup...imo we very easily could be last in our division. A moot point really, if our coaches still can’t gameplan and can’t adjust.

Right now I’m just not seeing anything to make our team stronger or better than last year and a whole lot to make it weaker. imho we go 7-9 next year. hopefully they prove me very very wrong
If we're going to do anything we're going to have to make some FA moves and trust in our QB. I don't think our defense is going to be very good next season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Our own division has almost turned into a playoff game type situation against each other, thats 6 games that will beat the crap out of us and them. Rest of the schedule doesn't matter if the you can't get thru your own division.

We will have a better 3rd place team then a couple divisions first again.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":10n0ebxh said:

This

The team will over achieve in the regular season as Russ will be on display for his suitors and he will want to impress. Other than that, they will be pretenders as usual.

xray

Reaction score
Not sure how far with a 10-6 record . Wild card game maybe .

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2rkkmtw2 said:

:ditto: Couldnt have said it any better.

I'll pile on and say that we will likely have some early season struggles with a new offensive coordinator.
This team will be lucky to finish over .500, and the Jets will have a nice early to mid 1st round pick from us.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2tc9irus said:

Dr. my doctor: Oh me, oh my, goodness gracious, the sky is falling!!! What a Chicken Little post.

The negativity around here is steadily worsening, a pessimist's view of the situation is encapsulated above. Everything will go wrong, the team has zero chance and somehow Pete will screw it all up. Let's just not watch because the team will suck.
Why bother?

C'mon man, shake your head, there are for sure some large holes opening up; yet the core of the team is strong. I predict ways will be found to fill the holes (Notably: LG and OC firstly). Some creativity will need to be employed like last season when the DE position was bolstered. For me I don't think Griffin is worth paying big $ to keep, and Dunbar failed to show up last season, both have value but not in this market. You assume the worst as is being postulated on Dunlap, yet i believe JS will keep him and rejig Dunlaps's deal. The team is actively looking at TEs in a buyers market.

Think the worst if you wish but being Eeyore like is a recipe for never being happy and never as well being disappointed.

I bet the team is competitive and a whole lot better than you are projecting. I'm curious to see how JS works around the draft and the cap crisis faced by almost the top half the league. I am curious to see the new OC work with RW.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Have you looked at our schedule?

We might not even make the playoffs. Not a dig, this is going to be an obscenely hard year for us.

At the 3/4 mark of the season, going into the Bears game, we could legit be 4-6 and that is being optimistic.

That assumes we win either the Cards or Packers game, one from the Rams and Vikings games, and somehow win either the 49ers or Cards game after. I don't see us sweeping the Cards on our best day, nor the Rams or 49ers - but I can see us getting swept by any of those teams but the 49ers.

We might get a series of wins against the Bears, Lions, and Jags...but I doubt all 3. We always drop one of those weird games against some terrible opponent.

We probably beat either the Titans or Saints when nobody expects it but that Redskins game will loom large then.

We might be able to get 8 wins, 7 is more likely though if we drop that Redskins game.

I don't think 8 wins will get us to the playoffs even with the lower bar to get in.

It will probably be the Rams and 49ers going to the playoffs from our division.

Most likely we end up 8-8. (Unless we implode due to some Russ issue if things between Carroll and Russ get worse during the regular season.)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear every year how the team is gonna' only win 7 or 8 games. Only to see them win 10-12, over and over again. Meh, they will be good again. And hopefully will adjust in the playoffs. Cautiously optimistic, and that's my choice.

10-6, 2nd round minimum imo. But, with Russ under center, anything is possible. A lot MORE would be possible w/out Pete, but that's another discussion.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I'm negative on next year. I have been thinking for a while that one year we won't squeak out those close wins at the end. I'm going with 8-8 with a historically bad defense and some RW magic to even get 8 wins. I also think this is the year RW gets injured and misses some time. Yes, very negative thinking but that's where I am.

Crappy draft choices (except DK) has left us with with only more expensive FA talent which they have also done an extremely poor job at picking, acquiring and keeping added to an outdated scheme. This is a hollow team that either this year or next is going to not only have a comparatively bad year but an actual 6-10 type of year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If Wilson gets injured he is never going to admit it.

He played an entire season with what looked for all the world to be a high ankle sprain.

I think he even more an air cast part of that year?

He is not going to let getting injured push him off the front page. Almost assured.

He likely even has a pretty good year for us because he wants to showcase himself as a top QB for trade.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Was it two seasons ago that the "experts" predicted the Hawks would go 4-12?

Frankly until FA and the draft are over and more likely until TC is over it hard to predict the real strength of schedule for the team or how the team will actually play over the next season. Looking at things now with the glass considered half empty will certainly give a person a negative view. It's way too soon to be making definitive predictions on the season. Even Vegas allows their betting lines to vary dependent upon information provided.

I frankly was surprised at the result last season 12-4, yet somehow that team seemed to run out of gas late, even with an improved D.

The 6 close games every season within the NFC-W will determine the outcome of the team's success for the year. The goal is to make the playoffs and win there. Last season had an unhappy ending that has forced many into a perpetual negative circle of sadness.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
Keeping everything intact I think we go 10-6. I see the offense having a stronger year than last year (balancing out the uneven halves), but I see the defense taking a step back. I see Wilson doing BETTER, but also our running game taking a step back. And that will be the key to defeating us, that and our defense will not be able to deliver the key stops as much.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
11-5 at worst. Suck it Debbie Downers. :p

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Wilsons good for an automatic 9 wins at least in my opinion. Especially when he'll be showcasing himself next season for the trade. The problem though is that the team will be the same in the post season as it has been for the last 6 years. Decent regular seasons dont equate to post season success. No way the team does anything in the playoffs. To many gaping holes.