Russel Trademarked 'Let Wilson Cook'

5thgen

Reaction score
Obviously jinxed himself here. Also self proclaiming that he's the best qb. It's good to be confident, but not to a point where you look like an idiot. And the fact that he never once gotten an mvp vote is just embarrassing. Backup your claim with actions rather than worlds.

https://www.nfl.com/news/why-the-seahaw ... wilson-now

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The problem is Carroll's hair brained offensive scheme hasn't set up Wilson to cook. I really want to see what he can do in a more modern NFL offense. I hope Shane Waldron is allowed to do his thing here with minimal interference but I fear that won't be the case.

Forthewin

Reaction score
Maybe I am out of the loop but I thought "Let Russ Cook" was way bigger/well known then "Let Wilson cook". Do you think someone trademarked "Let Russ Cook".

AgentDib

Reaction score
Russ did indeed trademark 'Let Russ Cook' and the linked article gets that correct.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Kyler Murray trademarked "Hail Murray" after his 40 yard toss to beat the Bills, so I guess anything is possible.

This stuff seems odd and a bit ego driven to me but what do I know 8)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
TB12, Tiger Woods and his clothing line, Air Jordan, Rodgers/Mahomes State Farm commercials, Cam Newton and his yogurt commercials, years and years of Peyton Manning on commercials etc. Sports stars have been trademarking and working on their brand and endorsements forever. But, as usual, this will somehow equate to Russ not caring about football enough :?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Hawkpower":nuyurf6x said:
Kyler Murray trademarked "Hail Murray" after his 40 yard toss to beat the Bills, so I guess anything is possible.

This stuff seems odd and a bit ego driven to me but what do I know 8)

Paris Hilton once tried to trademark "That's hot".

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":rh90m7po said:
TB12, Tiger Woods and his clothing line, Air Jordan, Rodgers/Mahomes State Farm commercials, Cam Newton and his yogurt commercials, years and years of Peyton Manning on commercials etc. Sports stars have been trademarking and working on their brand and endorsements forever. But, as usual, this will somehow equate to Russ not caring about football enough :?

I'm not a Tom Brady fan (mostly because I just hate seeing the same people win a lot, it's less fun), but I'm sure the misogyny ("it's her fault") directed towards Ciara was similar with a lot of fans and his high-profile spouse.

If you want a top QB but can't handle the fact that they have a top-QB marketing/public profile situation, you don't want a top QB. This has been the situation for decades, we've just never been lucky enough to have one of these dudes on the team.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Sigh. Russ is already working on his Food Network show? He needs to focus on football.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3kucje20 said:
SoulfishHawk":3kucje20 said:

I'm not a Tom Brady fan (mostly because I just hate seeing the same people win a lot, it's less fun), but I'm sure the misogyny ("it's her fault") directed towards Ciara was similar with a lot of fans and his high-profile spouse.

If you want a top QB but can't handle the fact that they have a top-QB marketing/public profile situation, you don't want a top QB. This has been the situation for decades, we've just never been lucky enough to have one of these dudes on the team.

I don't think anyone has/would have a problem with Russ doing State Farm (or whatever) commercials

To me though, I think the disconnect comes from how he presented himself in the early years (the childrens hospital stuff, his clichéd canned robotic responses, etc)

People bought the myth that Russ was something almost unhuman and superhero like. The guy might be a better salesman than a QB....he's good!

Now that we see he is a normal regular dude, just as prone to imperfections in character like the rest of us, it doesnt match the pedestal that many put him on.

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":j7tmq3ib said:
bmorepunk":j7tmq3ib said:
SoulfishHawk":j7tmq3ib said:

I don't think anyone has/would have a problem with Russ doing State Farm (or whatever) commercials

To me though, I think the disconnect comes from how he presented himself in the early years (the childrens hospital stuff, his clichéd canned robotic responses, etc)

People bought the myth that Russ was something almost unhuman and superhero like. The guy might be a better salesman than a QB....he's good!

Now that we see he is a normal regular dude, just as prone to imperfections in character like the rest of us, it doesnt match the pedestal that many put him on.

People hated him with the canned stuff, now they hate him he is human, there is a group that just hate period and nothing he does will change that.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":pzkdysnj said:
Hawkpower":pzkdysnj said:
bmorepunk":pzkdysnj said:
SoulfishHawk":pzkdysnj said:

People hated him with the canned stuff, now they hate him he is human, there is a group that just hate period and nothing he does will change that.

While I am sure there are some that hate, that's not what I am referring to.

Probably more irritation

Better to stick to who you are rather than try and sell yourself as something you arent. The intense selling and marketing of himself is such a stark contrast to how he initially presented himself.

I mean at the end of the day it doesn't matter, hes paid to win football games and he can do what he wants, but it does explain the resistance to embrace this "new" Russ from some fans that care about such things :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just another in a line of double standards that don't apply to everyone else. And only apply to Russ.

And at least spell him name correctly, it's Russell :irishdrinkers:

knownone

Reaction score
I'm not in the business of giving out business advice, but Pete Carroll should trademark "Let Pete Coach".

RCATES

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3faxg8k5 said:
The problem is Carroll's hair brained offensive scheme hasn't set up Wilson to cook. I really want to see what he can do in a more modern NFL offense. I hope Shane Waldron is allowed to do his thing here with minimal interference but I fear that won't be the case.

Lol

Its Pete's fault Russ can't make reads and have success against two-deep safety look? His height has become a liability now that he doesn't have the legs.