Brandon Marshall's first hand experience with PC

TraderGary

Reaction score
Just watched a new video that clearly paints a picture of where the real problem lies. I don't think this has been posted in any of the other threads, but if it has I apologize.

Anyway, watch the Brandon Marshall portion of the attached video and it will become very clear how stubborn and bull-headed PC is, in spite of results that would strongly suggest his way just might not be the best way after all.

It's also just another example of Pete's refusal to listen to reason and ignore others opinions, even if it's coming from his best player and the face of the franchise. Based on what are now several accounts of his past refusal to listen to others, does anyone really think he's going to give Waldron the autonomy he needs to run an effective scheme? I have serious doubts about that.

By the way, this story is coming from someone who was actually in that room, (Brandon Marshall), and not a second-hand account.

(The Brandon Marshall portion is from 1:05 to 2:51)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yj2peBGuFw

Without Russ, there's little doubt in my mind that Pete would be a sub-500 HC in the NFL. And if we let our franchise and future HOF QB walk in favor of keeping PC in Seattle, it will go down as one of the worst decisions in franchise history. Unfortunately it sure looks like it's headed that way.

toffee

Reaction score
Still have illusion that Russ is staying for a other season? The wilson media mechine is running in extra gear, a sight you won't see again for a long time.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If you were Wilson would YOU want to play any more years of your finite career under an aging dinosaur like Pete?

A guy that has probably lost his ability to learn or adjust at all. A coach that is probably rapidly losing mental acuity to age and has nothing left to lean on but stubbornness?

We are going to be stuck with some shambling husk of a coach slowly pushing himself up the sidelines with a walker while leaving a trail of drool behind him like a slug. Gross.

Meanwhile the QB we traded away will be constantly in the playoffs and advancing much farther than he did since the SB loss. He likely even gets to a SB or two.

No QB should want to play under him. Look this is the guy that literally put together a gameplan that resulted in Wilson having FIFTY yards of passing at halftime. BTW we were up by 3 points at the half.

Pete lost his ability to do the things he was even good at now. Why keep him?

Brandon highlighted his stubbornness and inability to learn, adjust, come up with new ideas, or even take suggestions. Do you think the moment he was sharing was invented? Or even exaggerated?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
We're extrapolating this from an account of Pete wanting a fade route run a certain way in practice?

This continues to delve further into absurdity than ever before, and I am equal parts saddened and amused.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ne2eekx said:
If you were Wilson would YOU want to play any more years of your finite career under an aging dinosaur like Pete?

I think Wilson tolerated the situation longer than he cared to as he essentially thought he was going to be out from under Pete sooner than later. And then the 5 year extension happened and well,,,,,,here we are.

AgentDib

Reaction score
"Released player thinks the team could have used him better" is a terribly boring headline but a few of you seem to be easily entertained these days.

Marshall was getting fewer plays each game until we cut him in October. Obviously he is going to think that if things had been changed more then he could have been more successful.

themunn

Reaction score
And then we cut Brandon Marshall and he went on to play another 5 years scoring dozens of touchdowns

Or he never played a game again. I can't remember, which was it?

NJlargent

Reaction score
You cannot rationally argue that PC is not a problem and shouldn’t be fired. The fear I have of having RW gone and PC still here is high and sadly it seems where we are headed. We will become irrelevant again and another 15 years of that would be awful. I just am shocked there’s not unanimity requesting his firing from the fan base. It appears a HOF QB is about to bolt (and noticeably agitated after the 5 year extension) and we criticize his alleged distractions and cover 2 handling and then incorrectly think PC will build some winning team again and is some guru he is not. Guy was carried and now we have irrelevancy on the horizon.

Who picks a 70 yr old coach over a generational QB??? This is why I’m praying the media has played this up and a new OC is a sign the organization is actually working on fixing the issue.

xray

Reaction score
NJlargent":dl18eiwj said:
You cannot rationally argue that PC is not a problem and shouldn’t be fired. The fear I have of having RW gone and PC still here is high and sadly it seems where we are headed. We will become irrelevant again and another 15 years of that would be awful. I just am shocked there’s not unanimity requesting his firing from the fan base. It appears a HOF QB is about to bolt (and noticeably agitated after the 5 year extension) and we criticize his alleged distractions and cover 2 handling and then incorrectly think PC will build some winning team again and is some guru he is not. Guy was carried and now we have irrelevancy on the horizon.

Who picks a 70 yr old coach over a generational QB??? This is why I’m praying the media has played this up and a new OC is a sign the organization is actually working on fixing the issue.

Carroll's job security has never been an issue with the Hawks . If it were , the Hawks wouldn't have given him a contract through the 2025 season . If the Hawks had known that Wilson was as unhappy as he appears to be now , and that PC was at the heart of Wilson's problem with the organization , they probably wouldn't have given Carroll that 5 year deal . I also feel that Wilson in hindsight regrets his own extension now . If the Hawks are forced to keep Wilson Or Carroll , I fear they will choose Carroll . Wilson will go on to have a gr8 career elsewhere and the Hawks will digress without him .IMO

toffee

Reaction score
xray":2vyg8fu8 said:
NJlargent":2vyg8fu8 said:

Carroll's job security has never been an issue with the Hawks . If it were , the Hawks wouldn't have given him a contract through the 2025 season . If the Hawks had known that Wilson was as unhappy as he appears to be now , and that PC was at the heart of Wilson's problem with the organization , they probably wouldn't have given Carroll that 5 year deal . I also feel that Wilson in hindsight regrets his own extension now . If the Hawks are forced to keep Wilson Or Carroll , I fear they will choose Carroll . Wilson will go on to have a gr8 career elsewhere and the Hawks will digress without him .IMO
https://youtu.be/0Kekgn8aUjI

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For Marshall this is click bait, but the same Pete Haters run with their agenda repeating the same tired mantras again and again and again. It’s all Pete’s fault naturally. It does however take two to tangle and RW is leading the the charge.

Is there anything new here, nope. Does this genuinely require a new thread? Probably not, but censorship by combining threads simply upsets too many folks.

Given a talented QB most NFL coaches are successful. Pete knows he needs a quality QB, Wilson seems to have checked out here and is looking for greener pastures. This is disappointing b/c he’s my favourite player on the team but apparently he would rather play elsewhere.

No player is greater than the team, nor is any coach. The team has been mostly silent responding to Wilson save for an expression of disappointment that he has gone public with his grumbles. The media agenda here is being run by Wilson’s camp. The hole thing regrettably seems to be accelerating and that sucks.

This week we have heard the team is at least answering calls about trades for RW so there is fire where there is smoke but it would have to take a HUGE DEAL for anything to occur and the price is likely out of range for the trade destinations of choice.

I suppose reluctantly I could see a trade possibly happening his value is greatest this year or next. To me this sucks beyond words.

toffee

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1vx1w7qq said:
For Marshall this is click bait, but the same Pete Haters run with their agenda repeating the same tired mantras again and again and again. It’s all Pete’s fault naturally. It does however take two to tangle and RW is leading the the charge.

Is there anything new here, nope. Does this genuinely require a new thread? Probably not, but censorship by combining threads simply upsets too many folks.

Given a talented QB most NFL coaches are successful. Pete knows he needs a quality QB, Wilson seems to have checked out here and is looking for greener pastures. This is disappointing b/c he’s my favourite player on the team but apparently he would rather play elsewhere.

No player is greater than the team, nor is any coach. The team has been mostly silent responding to Wilson save for an expression of disappointment that he has gone public with his grumbles. The media agenda here is being run by Wilson’s camp. The hole thing regrettably seems to be accelerating and that sucks.

This week we have heard the team is at least answering calls about trades for RW so there is fire where there is smoke but it would have to take a HUGE DEAL for anything to occur and the price is likely out of range for the trade destinations of choice.

I suppose reluctantly I could see a trade possibly happening his value is greatest this year or next. To me this sucks beyond words.
Make mistake, Wilson's I ain't happy here message was aimed squarely at ownership. The message was simply, it's me or ole Pete. Fire him or take away his personnel and coaching philosophy authority or me the HOF QB will leave..

At this point, make no mistake Wilson is more important to the team's success than Pete. If I were the owner, I will trade Wilson becuase what if Wilson isn't happy with the new HC? Which is very likely, at that point, Wilson's media army will aim their guns squarely at the ownership just like how they are firing at Pete. Does Jody Allen needs that in her life?

KillerB

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2873ii47 said:

Is there anything new here, nope. Does this genuinely require a new thread? Probably not, but censorship by combining threads simply upsets too many folks...

What is all this common sense and level-headedness? We don't play that here. The current game is "Pete is the worzt", get with the program.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1iw0ndm1 said:
We're extrapolating this from an account of Pete wanting a fade route run a certain way in practice?

This continues to delve further into absurdity than ever before, and I am equal parts saddened and amused.

IF you have been following Brandon this is only 1 of like 20 stories he has talked about with regards to PC, and he is not the only one. We have heard it form others. IN fact one of the biggest things was Russ going into a meeting before a game and basically being dismissed.

John63

Reaction score
AgentDib":650w34co said:
"Released player thinks the team could have used him better" is a terribly boring headline but a few of you seem to be easily entertained these days.

Marshall was getting fewer plays each game until we cut him in October. Obviously he is going to think that if things had been changed more then he could have been more successful.

amazing how we are supposed to dismiss anyone that supports Wilson's feelings but believe everything that supports PC. HMm not Brandon's only stories about his time here. Just the latest

John63

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2oa259x2 said:

You mean unlike all the clickbait the POC loves post every day. Or Could it be the Brandon and the others who have said things are actually right?

OP
OP
T

TraderGary

Reaction score
AgentDib":2qzdrea8 said:

But in that particular meeting that Brandon described, it wasn't just him who was advocating for running that play a certain way. It was also Russ making the same argument, because on the obvious success they were having with it. But still, Carroll wasn't having any of it, and wasn't even willing to listen to reason. He wanted it done his way even if it wasn't as effective.

That's all I was trying to say with my OP. Despite players or coaches having ideas to improve on certain things, Pete is still going to do things his way, like it or not, even if it's not an effective strategy. I'm sorry, but that's just moronic.

OP
OP
T

TraderGary

Reaction score
themunn":wr7rcy0l said:
And then we cut Brandon Marshall and he went on to play another 5 years scoring dozens of touchdowns

Or he never played a game again. I can't remember, which was it?
Well since Brandon is a self-proclaimed Seahawks fan, it sure doesn't seem like he holds any ill will toward the organization. So what reason would he have to make something like that up, or even embellish on it? Based on other reports we've heard recently about Carroll, I tend to give BM the benefit of the doubt.

OP
OP
T

TraderGary

Reaction score
NJlargent":39u8ot5n said:

I really hope you're right, or as you said, we're likely headed toward irrelevancy again.

I think it was "Fade" who said in a post a while back in another thread, "only the Seahawks would keep Mike McCarthy over Aaron Rodgers." That's really what it comes down to between PC and Russ.

OP
OP
T

TraderGary

Reaction score
RW is not a saint in this whole mess. But Pete is clearly the biggest problem, at least in my mind. Unfortunately, I highly doubt any of this is going to matter because I'm quite sure PC is one of the highest paid HC's in the NFL, and there's no way Jody is going to eat the full value of that 5-year extension, no matter how much she's worth.

The organization is a cash cow, and since PC is at the top of the organizational ladder, I don't think she has any motivation to take any action or make a change at the top. I think she's just waiting for this to play out, and for it all to blow over.

But if it plays out the way I think it's going to, which means PC stays and Russ gets traded either this year or next, this will be a black eye on the team and organization for many years to come, and she's going to seriously regret that decision to give Pete a shiny new 5-year extension.