So what is Schneider thinking?

seabowl

Reaction score
With all the Russ/Pete/Hawks drama I’m curious what Schneider thinks of what should be done with Russ? IMO I think he’d side with giving Russ what he wants but who knows. Thoughts?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It probably isn't up to him.

His boss is the problem. He cannot exactly fix that.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Schneider thinks -
"Pete is my boss and I'll do what he says. Especially after a nice, juicy extension."
"The locals are going to hate me if I have to trade RW. How can I shift the blame to PC or back on RW?"
"For enough money I will be anyone's "yes" man"
"What one year rental can I grab and give up draft choices for?"
"I wonder what shitburger of a player Pete is going to tell me to draft this year?"

renofox

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2lsjd8yl said:
Schneider thinks -
"Pete is my boss and I'll do what he says. Especially after a nice, juicy extension."
"The locals are going to hate me if I have to trade RW. How can I shift the blame to PC or back on RW?"
"I wonder what shitburger of a player Pete is going to tell me to draft this year?"

Accurate

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I hope he's thinking, " I need to stay off social media because there is a lot of stupidity flying around our franchise QB".

Cyrus12

Reaction score
renofox":20896l90 said:
JayhawkMike":20896l90 said:
Schneider thinks -

Accurate

X2

Cyrus12

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3q6msl26 said:
I hope he's thinking, " I need to stay off social media because there is a lot of stupidity flying around our franchise QB".
Okay then...why doesn't the club make a public statement squashing the stupidity??

renofox

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1b70o4ie said:
oldhawkfan":1b70o4ie said:
Okay then...why doesn't the club make a public statement squashing the stupidity??

Neither the Seahawks nor RW has made a public statement to try and reduce tension. If the issue was small or non-existent, one or both would be making multiple statements.

This isn't going away, despite the level of denial being displayed by so many fans.

Fade

Reaction score
I honestly would love to know. We won't find out until he writes a book in 20 years.

Speculation: John was ready to leave for Detroit where he could have full power. Ownership made JS the highest paid GM in football to keep him from leaving. Also Pete had to surrender full control of the draft to JS is my hope.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That JS stayed here instead of Detroit is interesting.

Right now, Detroit probably has the brighter future between the two franchises.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
He's in the bunker with Pete, thinking of how they get out of this situation.

- Is there a way to make Wilson happy? How dissatisfied is he? DISCLAIMER - I think that they have made many discussions with Wilson and his camp going back years and that this is NOT new.

- If Wilson can't be made happy, how can the Seahawks work a trade to get the most for him as quickly as possible?

TraderGary

Reaction score
Fade":y55jj1z5 said:
I honestly would love to know. We won't find out until he writes a book in 20 years.

Speculation: John was ready to leave for Detroit where he could have full power. Ownership made JS the highest paid GM in football to keep him from leaving. Also Pete had to surrender full control of the draft to JS is my hope.
So would I!

No doubt Jody made JS an offer he couldn't refuse. Everyone has a price. I did expect him to take the Detroit job for the reasons you stated, and was surprised when his long-term extension was announced.

I didn't consider the draft control issue, but I echo your hopes on that.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":e5ikqz8m said:
That JS stayed here instead of Detroit is interesting.

Right now, Detroit probably has the brighter future between the two franchises.

If only Pete Carroll would threaten to bite the opposition's knee caps off!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
seabowl":1geylh5x said:
With all the Russ/Pete/Hawks drama I’m curious what Schneider thinks of what should be done with Russ? IMO I think he’d side with giving Russ what he wants but who knows. Thoughts?

He’s trying to figure out how to get Sam Darnold, Leonard Williams, and Trent Williams.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2qmpjbbq said:
Schneider thinks -
"I wonder what $h!t of a player Pete is going to tell me to draft this year?"

What pure steaming BS! Oi vey, what nonsense!

JS is a simpering yes man to Pete? He sells his true thoughts for few sheckels? He makes stupid trades at the behest of his lord and master Pete. He secretly disagrees with all that comes from Carroll? OK sure? What other drivel do you have to continue your anti-Carroll agenda? :177692:

I think JS is upset by this conflict with Wilson and trying to sort out how to attempt to keep a competitive team together with a huge drop in a salary cap that was quite unanticipated. I suspect the team through JS has tried to reach out to Wilson in an attempt to make peace. Wilson should be careful about what he wishes for.

I also think that JS tries to get involved in every key personnel acquisition, hoped for addition, possible personnel addition. In case anyone fails to get it as well it is JS that found RW, and was looking hard at Mahommes. We can argue about the draft but the team has done a better job drafting than many acknowledge. Trying to keep the talent here is tough when your star QB takes up as much cap as he does.

JS' nice juicy extension extends 1 year past the end of Pete's recent contract in case you failed to notice.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
jammerhawk":34qlfzq7 said:
JayhawkMike":34qlfzq7 said:
Schneider thinks -

JS is a simpering yes man to Pete? He sells his true thoughts for few sheckels? He makes stupid trades at the behest of his lord and master Pete. He secretly disagrees with all that comes from Carroll? OK sure? What other drivel do you have to continue your anti-Carroll agenda? :177692:

I think JS is upset by this conflict with Wilson and trying to sort out how to attempt to keep a competitive team together with a huge drop in a salary cap that was quite unanticipated. I suspect the team through JS has tried to reach out to Wilson in an attempt to make peace. Wilson should be careful about what he wishes for.

I also think that JS tries to get involved in every key personnel acquisition, hoped for addition, possible personnel addition. In case anyone fails to get it as well it is JS that found RW, and was looking hard at Mahommes. We can argue about the draft but the team has done a better job drafting than many acknowledge. Trying to keep the talent here is tough when your star QB takes up as much cap as he does.

JS' nice juicy extension extends 1 year past the end of Pete's recent contract in case you failed to notice.

Anything that boost RW’s trade value I’m cool with and I’m sure Schneider is too!

toffee

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3at2smzk said:
JayhawkMike":3at2smzk said:
Schneider thinks -

It's not like John didn't have offers in the past years, if he has been unhappy with Pete, plenty of opportunity to jump ship.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk