Chris Simms: "RW camp says no confidence in coaching staff"

renofox

Reaction score
Chris Simms says Russell Wilson "can’t win a Super Bowl with this coaching staff"

Simms went on to talk about what he has heard from Wilson’s camp, and the understanding that things between the Seahawks and Wilson are not on good terms, and that he can’t get back to a championship with this coaching staff.

Many on this board have been saying this for a few years. It appears RW/camp now agree and are ready to move on. Too much smoke to be no fire. If RW really feels this way, I wish he would just throw PC under the bus and say it. Not a fan of passive-aggressive strategies.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Grain of salt with Simms. He's a dope trying to mimic the provocateur role that his boss Florio plays up. Same dude who put the uncorroborated and silly Browns rumor out there.

Fade

Reaction score
If only Paul Allen were alive, it would've been taken care of already.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It increasingly looks like a trade will happen.

https://news.yahoo.com/report-bears-top ... UDYHGTneKx

For those that say Russ's dead cap hit makes this unrealistic, I would remind you that Wentz's dead cap hit is 33.88 million.

Rob Staton posted this, and I think he was paraphrasing Millen or Condotta, but it's spot on:

There are three potential starting quarterbacks for Seattle in 2021:

1. Happy Russell Wilson
2. Unhappy Russell Wilson
3. Somebody else

The only option you absolutely can’t live with this year is #2.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Fade":15jca9d6 said:
If only Paul Allen were alive, it would've been taken care of already.

I think you're right. Hmmmph.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
nanomoz":31cz4svq said:
It increasingly looks like a trade will happen.

https://news.yahoo.com/report-bears-top ... UDYHGTneKx

For those that say Russ's dead cap hit makes this unrealistic, I would remind you that Wentz's dead cap hit is 33.88 million.

Rob Staton posted this, and I think he was paraphrasing Millen or Condotta, but it's spot on:

There are three potential starting quarterbacks for Seattle in 2021:

1. Happy Russell Wilson
2. Unhappy Russell Wilson
3. Somebody else

The only option you absolutely can’t live with this year is #2.

Option 2 is the most realistic option.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Every time we get told there is nothing to see here...there is more to see here.

This smoke has already turned to fire. It is going to keep burning and getting bigger.

Look, if a casual football fan can see that a doddering HC is squandering his QB...then a player that devoted his life to football, with decades of pro FB experience, is going to see it.

What is surprising is people keep being shocked that the stuff we've complained about for years is the very thing that the star player might be complaining about as well.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":28kfuv0y said:
What is surprising is people keep being shocked that the stuff we've complained about for years is the very thing that the star player might be complaining about as well.

I've never understood those who live in denial. The deterioration of the relationship may not be as bad as many of us believe, but it does exist. That's not a good thing.

pinksheets

Reaction score
60/40 Russ is traded at this point IMO

He's making him being kept untenable and forcing his way out in a way he thinks doesn't hurt his reputation.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3q3es990 said:
Option 2 is the most realistic option.

Maybe.

I suspect the root of this disagreement is about who we think is actually holding the cards in this situation.

I think it's Wilson. For so many reasons. But the one that might be most compelling is that the compensation Seattle will get for Wilson will only decrease from the 2021 Draft-forward.

Unless you somehow believe Russ will have a career season when he is unhappy and has no belief in the coaching staff.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":36qpn3zt said:
Grain of salt with Simms. He's a dope trying to mimic the provocateur role that his boss Florio plays up. Same dude who put the uncorroborated and silly Browns rumor out there.
Simms is a clown as are most of these guys. They want to be the first to report something even if it’s not accurate.
Agents and teams play these fools like a fiddle.

getnasty

Reaction score
Simms last week said Russell Wilson had say in the OC hire and now says he has no confidence in the guy he help pick?

pinksheets

Reaction score
getnasty":76ne8bru said:
Simms last week said Russell Wilson had say in the OC hire and now says he has no confidence in the guy he help pick?
There's been talk that Russ was lukewarm on him and that it was essentially the best choice out of not so great options to him.

It's definitely not like they got the guy Russ had to have (I don't think such a guy existed, tbf).

whidbeast

Reaction score
For the record, the whidbeast camp has released a similar statement.

getnasty

Reaction score
pinksheets":27flcntm said:
getnasty":27flcntm said:
There's been talk that Russ was lukewarm on him and that it was essentially the best choice out of not so great options to him.

It's definitely not like they got the guy Russ had to have (I don't think such a guy existed, tbf).

Then quit being a pussy and ask for a trade if that's the case. At least Watson has made it clear what he wants. Russ just needs to grow a set and quit worrying about his image.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2zhwecd0 said:

Not sure why it takes so long for some to realize the obvious.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":32rp8xhn said:
TwistedHusky":32rp8xhn said:

Not sure why it takes so long for some to realize the obvious.

Many of us love Russell Wilson and that leads to denial. We see it in this post. Another breaking media article on Wilson being unhappy (since his camp keeps having these drip releases) and the reactions are...
- The media is making all of this up.
- The dead $$$ makes it impossible.
- You don't trade a HOF QB.
- Russ and Pete just need to talk.

At this point I don't buy that many of the posters actually believe what they're writing.
So what do they really think?

THAT WE LOVE RUSSELL WILSON AND DO NOT WANT HIM TO LEAVE THE SEAHAWKS!!!

I understand that sentiment entirely and respect and share in their pain. :cry:

mikeak

Reaction score
Does anyone know if sign and trades are allowed?

So RW has a bunch of dead cap

Can someone else sign say a passrusher that Seattle wants. They make most of that salary signing bonus so they eat it in a trade

Then trade that player for RW

Not proposing this, but wondering if that is a way around the dead cap and make a trade

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
I was ready to move on after he basically threw the entire offensive line under the bus. I mean, they do suck, but to basically call them out as an excuse for wanting to leave is petty at best.

It's a shame, it really is, but I'm ready to cash him out and move on. If the dead cap weren't an issue, I suspect it would be already done.

A8d8d0bc960493dfb5389db53f72e17a

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

mikeak

Reaction score
HOLLYWOOD":3vr6uj2o said:
I was ready to move on after he basically threw the entire offensive line under the bus. I mean, they do suck, but to basically call them out as an excuse for wanting to leave is petty at best.

It's a shame, it really is, but I'm ready to cash him out and move on. If the dead cap weren't an issue, I suspect it would be already done.

A8d8d0bc960493dfb5389db53f72e17a

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Please quote me the sentence where he said the OL was to blame.

Please - waiting