Post Russell Wilson era

toffee

Reaction score
A few thing that we know:

1. Jody Allen was decisive, strong if low key. She didn't seek limelight, but ably navigated this mess by selling Wilson when he stock is high. She could have fire Pete to appease Russ, to only have Russ turn his media army on HER in couple of years when things didn't go his way. Ownership great!!!

2. Front office, no mutiny on SS Pete, if John wanted to kick Pete aside, this is great opportunity. JS's record speaks for itself. Front office is OK.

3. Coaching, don't think Pete will finish his contract, but do have confidence that Pete does his best work when working with young rebuilding team. Coaching is C+ at best.

4. Offense, without Russ, we will take a step back, he is that good when he's on. We need to find a stop gap QB or two. And make sure Metcalf will not holdout or ask for trade. We also need to invest in RBs and and some road graders. We will run more, we might do more short passes too.

5. Defense, we should trade Bobby, with that, we will have cap room to add a few pieces. Welcoming back Sherm would be great moral boost.

Finger closed for a 8-8 or 6-10 record, not as good as having Russ and a 11-5 or 10-6 record but doesn't really matter if we couldn't go deep in playoff?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
toffee":3gp8uf07 said:
A few thing that we know:

1. Jody Allen was decisive, strong if low key. She didn't seek limelight, but ably navigated this mess by selling Wilson when he stock is high. She could have fire Pete to appease Russ, to only have Russ turn his media army on HER in couple of years when things didn't go his way. Ownership great!!!

2. Front office, no mutiny on SS Pete, if John wanted to kick Pete aside, this is great opportunity. JS's record speaks for itself. Front office is OK.

3. Coaching, don't think Pete will finish his contract, but do have confidence that Pete does his best work when working with young rebuilding team. Coaching is C+ at best.

4. Offense, without Russ, we will take a step back, he is that good when he's on. We need to find a stop gap QB or two. And make sure Metcalf will not holdout or ask for trade. We also need to invest in RBs and and some road graders. We will run more, we might do more short passes too.

5. Defense, we should trade Bobby, with that, we will have cap room to add a few pieces. Welcoming back Sherm would be great moral boost.

Finger closed for a 8-8 or 6-10 record, not as good as having Russ and a 11-5 or 10-6 record but doesn't really matter if we couldn't go deep in playoff?

Actually we don't know any of those things. They are ll pure conjecture if not flat out made up.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Pete’s our head coach for 5 years easy! He’s on a great diet & in great shape! Seahawk Franchise needs to buy QB’s in 2021 & 2023 and we are tops in the NFL through 2035! It’s obvious that’s the plan!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3w4dqzcj said:
Pete’s our head coach for 5 years easy! He’s on a great diet & in great shape! Seahawk Franchise needs to buy QB’s in 2021 & 2023 and we are tops in the NFL through 2035! It’s obvious that’s the plan!
Lol, not sure about that. But we the 12s need to start living in the post Wilson world.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Do you remember the Seahawks before Wilson left?

That is the future.

Imagine a future where we continue to blow 1st round picks, but cannot pull games out in the 4th quarter anymore.

(But we have a lot of really, REALLY, great excuses for why we shouldn't expect to win as much now. 'He just needs more TIME'...will be the rallying cry of the Pete apologists. Get ready for it.)

The best analogy is right after Holmgren left.

That is the future and it isn't great.

But we had years of tremendous winning football we enjoyed and near a decade with a HOF QB. We just squandered a lot of those years with stupid coaching in the playoffs. Still, without Carroll we never achieve those heights. Just a bummer keeping him too long means basically peeing in our own well.

You can still root for Wilson as he leads the Bears/Jets/Raiders (please not the Raiders) to playoff wins. He is a hell of a QB no matter which side of the field you are watching from.

We will probably see an exodus of players like Bobby Wagner who get to play for contenders again. Metcalf is perhaps tagged for one year but likely traded, no way DK re-ups and stays.

Carroll will probably rack up endorsements for Centrum Silver, Depends, and Ensure as he leads us 4-6 win seasons until we get rid of him in 3-4 years. (Maybe rename CenturyLink to HoverRound/LifeAlert stadium?)

Rat

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2afw9d22 said:
I do, we had the same amount of playoff wins in the four years before him as we have in the past four seasons with him.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Rat,
That is exactly why Wilson wants to leave.

The difference is back then, we were scratching to get to the playoffs. The goal was just to get over .500 somehow. With Wilson, we had a lot of years of over .500 football where we played and beat some great teams.

Pretending the results would be the same without Wilson is ridiculously disingenuous.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2tj8848u said:
Rat,
That is exactly why Wilson wants to leave.

The difference is back then, we were scratching to get to the playoffs. The goal was just to get over .500 somehow. With Wilson, we had a lot of years of over .500 football where we played and beat some great teams.

Pretending the results would be the same without Wilson is ridiculously disingenuous.

I don’t believe it! Trade Wilson!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Rat":h6n3w4v6 said:
TwistedHusky":h6n3w4v6 said:
I do, we had the same amount of playoff wins in the four years before him as we have in the past four seasons with him.
Wow , Jerry just passed on Wilson dispite the wink wink from Russ.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I’ll be pissed when Wilson gets traded and PC starts actually TRYING to play scoring offense in the first half. I’ll be mad he hasn’t done that this whole time.

Fade

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2yvg2ur8 said:
I’ll be pissed when Wilson gets traded and PC starts actually TRYING to play scoring offense in the first half. I’ll be mad he hasn’t done that this whole time.

He won't. Pete is mortified of turning the ball over early in a game. He will wait it out, run the ball, play defense, keep the score down.

Fade

Reaction score
Fools rush in.

Repost from another thread -->

With the Jets owning Seattle's next two 1st rounders it is not the time to start a rebuild. In two years Wilson will have 1 year remaining on his contract. That would be the year to trade him if he is unwilling to do an extension. Franchise tag DK Metcalf and trade him.

The Seahawks can then do their rebuild properly if they have to go that route. They would have about eight 1st round picks in three years, with a tank job mixed in to get high draft pick(s). They could draft a QB, LT, LG, RT, DE, DT, CB, S. All in the 1st round alone. JS could work his magic in the middle and later rounds and find some gems to round out the squad.

Doing the rebuild now would be the Seahawks working for the Jets. Losing a bunch of games only to surrender the picks to the Jets.

So in the meantime Seattle should do what Wilson wants, get him some O-Line and make him happy. They have an absorbent amount of cap space in 2022, use it. Go all in on Wilson the next two years and let the chips fall where they may.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Fade":2ddulwzr said:
JayhawkMike":2ddulwzr said:

He won't. Pete is mortified of turning the ball over early in a game. He will wait it out, run the ball, play defense, keep the score down.

And when we lose like that over and over and over again without RW will he change?

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
RW is a nothing burger minus the trade compensation! This is about 2022 & the new Network contracts! We must have a young stud QB playing ball by 2024 when the big $$$$ start rolling in!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is the part that is funny.

This coming season is going to be a flaming dumpster fire. Wilson is either gone or fighting the leash, Pete careening into senility, Norton likely as bad or worse, and no Carson (perhaps no Lockett?) Probably a DK chirping against Pete the whole time too.

The hilarious part is this utter disaster is going up against every other team in our division getting better.

And to top it all off, as our record crashes into the toilet - The Jets get the draft pick that might improve us or at least give us a chance to trade up for a decent QB.

We might be involuntarily tanking just to help the Jets. No rebuild possible because we traded away everything to go all in last season where Pete decided to downshift to 2nd gear in the latter half of the season.

We went all in early and then hit the brakes while propping up an incompetent defense. Pete literally blew his best chance at some success in the playoffs because he couldn't comprehend you can win with offense.

Fade

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3m3ms3z6 said:
Fade":3m3ms3z6 said:
JayhawkMike":3m3ms3z6 said:

And when we lose like that over and over and over again without RW will he change?

Pete will change the players and coaches who fail to execute his philosophy and those that do not fall in line. The philosophy stays the same. We've seen it time and time again. So changes will be made, just not to the philosophy itself.

diver110

Reaction score
I don's think Wilson is going anywhere for one reason, Pete is 70. He does not have time to rebuild. For those who think it is time for a new coach, remember the Chargers who fired a 12-4 coach in Schottenheimer, maybe the dumbest coaching move in NFL history. Within a short amount of time the Chargers learned that there is something worse than not making the Superbowl, that is not making the playoffs. Very few coaches have what it takes to get a team to the playoffs year in, year out. Pete is one of them. Replace Pete and likely Seattle will be Chargers 2.0.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Fade":2txoup6q said:
JayhawkMike":2txoup6q said:
Fade":2txoup6q said:
JayhawkMike":2txoup6q said:

Pete will change the players and coaches who fail to execute his philosophy and those that do not fall in line. The philosophy stays the same. We've seen it time and time again. So changes will be made, just not to the philosophy itself.
Agree with the Philosophy, so three paths:

1. Fire Pete keep Russ, I am ok with it but who do we hire and what make us think Russ won't pull a no confidence on the new coaches after a year or two?

2. Keep Pete trade Russ, we will suck like 6-10, 8-8 kind of suck. But we might also get lucky in drafting a good QB, Pete and John did drooled over Allen and Mahomes.

3. Keep both, we will at best have another first round playoff and out season then the same saga again next off season only Russ's trade value will be lower and that risk of injury.

4. Fire Pete and trade Russ .... Ummmmm

John63

Reaction score
toffee":16i7w2kh said:
Fade":16i7w2kh said:
JayhawkMike":16i7w2kh said:
Fade":16i7w2kh said:

1. Fire Pete keep Russ, I am ok with it but who do we hire and what make us think Russ won't pull a no confidence on the new coaches after a year or two?

2. Keep Pete trade Russ, we will suck like 6-10, 8-8 kind of suck. But we might also get lucky in drafting a good QB, Pete and John did drooled over Allen and Mahomes.

3. Keep both, we will at best have another first round playoff and out season then the same saga again next off season only Russ's trade value will be lower and that risk of injury.

"1. Fire Pete keep Russ, I am ok with it but who do we hire and what make us think Russ won't pull a no confidence on the new coaches after a year or two?" well for one he did everything he could to handle this internally, and for 2 one would presume he would have a say in the new coach

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":279ye6dd said:
toffee":279ye6dd said:
Fade":279ye6dd said:
JayhawkMike":279ye6dd said:

"1. Fire Pete keep Russ, I am ok with it but who do we hire and what make us think Russ won't pull a no confidence on the new coaches after a year or two?" well for one he did everything he could to handle this internally, and for 2 one would presume he would have a say in the new coach

Jody or Vulcan with Jody's support will have a consultant or multiple one's brought in, they will put together list if Schneider is kept he may get promoted in some way also.

Then they will widdle it down and see whats what, Wilson will be a selling point if here, not part of the negotiations.