.Net is the Legion of Gloom

Jerhawk

Reaction score
C'mon you guys. Everything is going to be just fine.

Let's have some positivity!
Wilson isn't going anywhere. He's the greatest athlete this city has ever had since Griffey. Did Griffey ever leave us? (His time with the Reds don't count)

We've still got Pete Carroll, one of the smartest coaches in the league. Hes an excellent eye for talent and elite motivator.

Just a couple of adjustments here and there, and we'll get that second Lombardi trophy.

Can we just find some positivity? How about DK Metcalf? That kid's a stud.
Think of the potential Jordyn Brooks brings this defense.
Jamaal Adams is a superstar. Bobby Wagner is like a fine wine, he gets better with age.
We have one of the best punters in the league.

I can't wait for the upcoming draft to see what magic Schneider will pull!
Wilson and Carroll will hug it out. Winning solves everything.

Who's with me?!

[youtube]Qyclqo_AV2M[/youtube]

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'm in too! And not for the reasons that you'd expect.

I'll re-iterate a couple of snippets from comments that I've read in other posts during the Russ 'saga' recently.

I'm a Hawks fan before ANYTHING else. Coach, player, GM, Owner, or situation.

I love love love me some BWagz. Adams is a beast. DK is a generational find - if he can re-screw his head back on right. Nothing better this season during 'Russ Cook' than seeing some absolutely beautiful rainbow passes to DK. Loves me some Lockett too!

But what I do know: We'll be fine - even if it gets blown up. Russ stays, Russ goes - I'm OK with either. As much as people call Pete a 70's dinosaur and a control freak - well - you know what - we got him and I'm good with that. Boss/Control Freak - kind of a fine line :D

We got a new OC coming - so hopefully we can shake up the offense a bit - irrespective of what happens on the OL.

If we had to start fresh this year or next year in rebuild mode with a raw/rookie QB - I'm fine with that. Under the right circumstances it would be nice to see a diamond in the rough QB develop over the years. I'd almost rather watch a rebuild couple years than a squabble-fest couple years.

COVID year taught me to just enjoy the game as an entertainment product - and not have a gall bladder attack for every dropped pass.

I mean Jesus - at least we got Pete and not Mora!!!! Say what you want about JS - but at least we got him, and he's not in GB. I mean, at least we're not the Steelers - we might have a geriatric coach - but at least our QB doesn't have a plate in his face, and using a walker at this point :D

The organization will be fine, no matter what happens - and with or without Paul Allen (R.I.P.). We may or may not be on track for an OWL this year. I'm good with that. Keep punching and we'll be fine!!!!!!!!

You're absolutely right - in the aftermath of the season it can get pretty dark and micro-critical. But it WILL be fine.

Go Hawks!!!!!

:0190l:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I agree some perspective is needed, especially for those of us who have been fans since the beginning.......and through the lean years. Which was pretty much ALL the years until Holmgren got here.

But after we went to two SB's? I think we thought this would be a 10-15 year run of Pete, John and Russell going to 3-4 more SB's.

So it's not hard to understand fan frustration with what's happened over the last almost decade now. Feels like we've been wasting opportunities.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm only disappointed in the recent Wilson stuff, and think there could be a healing possible with some changes agreed to and carried into place.

The negativity around here is palpable, and lately Pete has become the source and focus of every going wrong with the team. I don't know if this is some new COVID isolation phenomena where blame for everything is needed to be assigned when there are many who should fairly share it and despite the early playoff exit the team had a quite successful regular season last year, and the year before too. I don't get it but several here seem to have no other focus but to blame Pete for everything to do with the team and their negativity pervades every thread.

Completely agree that perspective is needed and some folks need to move on. Pete is staying until his deal is up or the ownership decides it's time for a change. Wilson's issues seem to be quieting down which may be a good thing.

The focus now is upon FA and building a 2021 roster. With some luck and creativity JS will have some success.

I'm still 'ALL IN!'

xray

Reaction score
Fans of the Hawks going back to the 1st 30 years , don't lose sleep over the present situation. This ain't chit to worry about . IMO

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd be one of those old farts.

This recent period has been special and certainly at times frustrating and disappointing but still very positive. We all want more and we all want it all, all the time. Life unfortunately isn't like that.

I remain positive and hopeful; and think this FO has the ability to work through their recent woes. i know some here disagree but the record seems to show they're mistaken.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":h4pcv811 said:

This recent period has been special and certainly at times frustrating and disappointing but still very positive. We all want more and we all want it all, all the time. Life unfortunately isn't like that.

I remain positive and hopeful; and think this FO has the ability to work through their recent woes. i know some here disagree but the record seems to show they're mistaken.

I think the Pete/John/Russell tenure has peaked, maybe even past tense as in 4-5 years ago peaked.

There is not enough talent on this roster, nor does it look like Pete and John can rebuild the roster into anything resembling a SB roster in the remainder of their extensions and time remaining here.

So as long as we're OK with just being above average, and keep that perspective? I guess that'll have to be as positive as we can be.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Negativity is a City of Seattle thing, doomy & gloomy spread throughout Seahawk fan base. Glass half empty thing when the glass is actually 80% full. Always focus on the negative and when there isn’t one they make one up!

Social Media is being abused by the heavy weights, it’s not a positive thing, same goes for media, being abused! People are utilizing means of information gathering, entertainment, and communication that are actually bringing negativity into their lives.

People are experiencing Cognitive Dissonance they know they’re being lied too & taken advantage of as a result they to vent the negativity! Seahawk football is there opportunities to vent negativity vs getting a backbone and dealing head on with the things that are actually making them miserable!

Soon things will change! But for now we got to hunker down & push back on the false accusations & information that’s is being spread about Seahawk Football, it is a threat to the Franchise but the Franchise is lucky because it’s supporters are numerous, powerful, and talented compared to its detractors!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2g4y7pt0 said:
jammerhawk":2g4y7pt0 said:

I think the Pete/John/Russell tenure has peaked, maybe even past tense as in 4-5 years ago peaked.

There is not enough talent on this roster, nor does it look like Pete and John can rebuild the roster into anything resembling a SB roster in the remainder of their extensions and time remaining here.

So as long as we're OK with just being above average, and keep that perspective? I guess that'll have to be as positive as we can be.

NFC West Champions 2020 banner hangs in Seattle!

Rat

Reaction score
Nah, this team is trash and trending downwards. I'm OK with that though.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
jammerhawk":11bpe1sv said:

Big big moment in Seahawk football! Bad choices = devastating consequences! I’m for trading RW under the right circumstances! Keeping RW is a set back in my view, it’s a retreat to fight another day move in my opinion!

We trade RW the right way we cash in for 15 years easy!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1oco9dw8 said:
Sgt. Largent":1oco9dw8 said:
jammerhawk":1oco9dw8 said:

You left out the part where we lost to a one dimensional team with a backup QB that no one here can even remember his name a week later, at home.

But that's OK, I've resigned myself to just being above average and competing for playoff berths every year. That's something 25 other franchises wish they had, so it's alright.

But SB's? Nah, we're not even close roster wise. Even Russell knows that, it's why he wants out. He sees the roster mediocrity tailing off.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":39y284bk said:
FresnoHawk68":39y284bk said:
Sgt. Largent":39y284bk said:
jammerhawk":39y284bk said:

You left out the part where we lost to a one dimensional team with a backup QB that no one here can even remember his name a week later, at home.

But that's OK, I've resigned myself to just being above average and competing for playoff berths every year. That's something 25 other franchises wish they had, so it's alright.

But SB's? Nah, we're not even close roster wise. Even Russell knows that, it's why he wants out. He sees the roster mediocrity tailing off.

We lost to the best defensive in the league who had a QB that led his team to a Super Bowl in 2019! Goff made the Pro Bowl in 2017. Goff had a 67% completion % in 2020! Goff had a 65% completion % in the 2020 playoffs, 2-0 TD to interceptions, and had a 100.7 passer rating in the 2020 playoffs.

Russel Wilson had a 40% completion % in the 2020 playoffs, 2-1 TD Interceptions, and got a 72.1 passer rating in the playoffs!

Simply put Goff outperformed RW in the 2020 playoffs! Not possible 72.1 passer rating is the OL & Coaches fault! Last 3 games of the regular season RW was over 20% bad throws terrible 3 game streak. In the playoffs RW had a 34.6% bad throws worst of the season a probably worst in career.

There is a clear trend with RW’s performance at the end of the season thats blows his career performance away!

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Funny that you posted a clip of a band that did not "work it out".

chris98251

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":cshw4vxr said:
Sgt. Largent":cshw4vxr said:
FresnoHawk68":cshw4vxr said:
Sgt. Largent":cshw4vxr said:

We lost to the best defensive in the league who had a QB that led his team to a Super Bowl in 2019! Goff made the Pro Bowl in 2017. Goff had a 67% completion % in 2020! Goff had a 65% completion % in the 2020 playoffs, 2-0 TD to interceptions, and had a 100.7 passer rating in the 2020 playoffs.

Russel Wilson had a 40% completion % in the 2020 playoffs, 2-1 TD Interceptions, and got a 72.1 passer rating in the playoffs!

Simply put Goff outperformed RW in the 2020 playoffs! Not possible 72.1 passer rating is the OL & Coaches fault! Last 3 games of the regular season RW was over 20% bad throws terrible 3 game streak. In the playoffs RW had a 34.6% bad throws worst of the season a probably worst in career.

There is a clear trend with RW’s performance at the end of the season thats blows his career performance away!

Goff had a broken thumb, we had the back up in till he was concussed, Goff came in with a broken thumb to clean up basically and not lose it.

Like all you posts inaccurate or misleading.