Carson gone (Speculation)

zchurch74

Reaction score
Another glass RB we can get rid of. I think this is a great move. That’s two glass RBs in the last year.

getnasty

Reaction score
I don't think we re sign him but there's still a chance we do. Just because we're no franchising him doesn't mean he's gone.

mistaowen

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1369367136183988224[/tweet]

CPHawk

Reaction score
I liked Carson a lot, but he can be replaced.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
His injury concerns are way overblown. He was actually fairly reliable.

Still, not worth close to the tag price.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe not but we still got a whole lot worse without him.

I guess if you are not making the playoffs you don't really need him though. He is expensive, admittedly. And he did miss some games we needed him for.

God help us if we have to go through a season with a Hyde and Collins RB tandem as starters though.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Chris Carson looked flat late in the season! Rams safety took him out 1 on 1 simply wasn’t possible at the beginning of this season. Mike Holmgren also noticed it in the playoffs and said so on the radio.

Thomas Rawls said Carroll used him up until he had nothing left, I suspect something similar with Carson!

Let’s hope he gets paid by another team!

James in PA

Reaction score
This guy is a victim of Beast Mode comparisons. He’s not Beast Mode but he is the best thing we’ve had since 24 was in his prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Gone? Well OK then, if you say so.

UFA = gone?

I thought he was a FA but if you say he’s gone then I guess the team wouldn’t even dicker with him after his market is established. He could still return but it’d have to be a 1year team friendly deal.

The team has elected to not place a franchise tag designation on Carson and with his injury history that is the right decision. The injury history will limit his value.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Watch out for Alex Collins! Both North Carolina RB’s in this years draft have potential to be special! Penny also has potential to be special. Dallas had a great rookie year for a modern NFL RB. Travis Homer has the speed to keep D’S honest and his special teams play is best in the league quality!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think we will miss him more than you think. Zero faith in Penny or Collins. Penny was overdrafted and dobt he holds up. Collins...how many times has he been here?, Homer and Dallas are what they are...For a team going run first I don't see any reason for optimism.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If Javonte Williams, or better yet, Najee Harris is still around in the 2nd round, I think it would behoove the team to take a serious look at either of those young men.

I thank Carson for the last 4 years. When healthy, he was a very solid running back. Especially considering he was only a 7th round pick! He's looking for a payday

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Jerhawk":26sdggtl said:
If Javonte Williams, or better yet, Najee Harris is still around in the 2nd round, I think it would behoove the team to take a serious look at either of those young men.

I thank Carson for the last 4 years. When healthy, he was a very solid running back. Especially considering he was only a 7th round pick! He's looking for a payday

Both are second round picks! Harris is not a round 1 talent he doesn’t have break away speed! Travis Etienne has break way speed & is an improving blocker, Travis is a 1st round talent!

Penny’s over 2000 yards single year college achievement, break away speed, and size make him a 1st round talent!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
IndyHawk":37yk5uq2 said:
Maelstrom787":37yk5uq2 said:

Missed 19 out 64 games with injuries and that isn't even counting
ones where he left early..Sorry but he is glass not CJ glass but
certainly injury concerns are totally legit.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/310 ... ource-says

12 of those came in his rookie season. Has missed only 7 games since the 2018 season while shouldering the lions share of the teams carries. That's not "glass."

CPHawk

Reaction score
James in PA":11dyba8h said:
This guy is a victim of Beast Mode comparisons. He’s not Beast Mode but he is the best thing we’ve had since 24 was in his prime.

No. RB are just not thought of the same way they used to be. Why pay a bunch for a vet, when you can find another one in the draft and pay him a rookie contract for 4 years? RB have become a dime a dozen. Look at what the rams did.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
CPHawk":36ylsfhb said:
James in PA":36ylsfhb said:

No. RB are just not thought of the same way they used to be. Why pay a bunch for a vet, when you can find another one in the draft and pay him a rookie contract for 4 years? RB have become a dime a dozen. Look at what the rams did.

Not to mention, we've got some of their guys running the offense here now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Too many other needs to franchise or give Carson the kind of extension he's looking for.

Hell, the Saints and Giants are thinking about releasing Kamara and Barkley. So moral of the story in the modern NFL, RB's are numerous, and cheap.

Love the way Carson runs, but his durability + many other glaring roster needs = gone.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":36f4a3ue said:
IndyHawk":36f4a3ue said:
Maelstrom787":36f4a3ue said:

Missed 19 out 64 games with injuries and that isn't even counting
ones where he left early..Sorry but he is glass not CJ glass but
certainly injury concerns are totally legit.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/310 ... ource-says

12 of those came in his rookie season. Has missed only 7 games since the 2018 season while shouldering the lions share of the teams carries. That's not "glass."
Carson also has played plenty of games where he's been injured, he just doesn't have the best track record of health -- and usually he gets banged up at inopportune times. Last season he was playing with an injury during the second half of the season. It's why he'd come in for a run then be on the bench form the next few plays.

chris98251

Reaction score
Carson has heart, and runs like a back 25 pounds heavier, the issue with Carson is all those hits on his frame and legs which are not thick like most power backs get beat up, hip, ankle, knee.

Why he is not someone you can look t and go 5 more years in the league no problem.

Look at Collins now, he has the body type, his issue was mentality initially.

Why I hold out hope there. Bo also could do it, he seems to need to be lined up 3 yards deeper however to get a bit of steam going before he hits the line.