mistaowen

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1369361824647438338[/tweet]

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
I like him and think he has potential to be a solid 1B starting CB. But he takes plays off, can get lazy in coverage, and is going to be the top FA CB on the market in a down year for CB's. He's gonna get Byron Maxwell money I'd bet and the FO is smart to not do that.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Was Never Big on Shaq. He definitely looked great compared to Tre Flowers and I pray to god we never see Flowers again but Shaq looked checked out at times and in my opinion never great at tackling. A lot of broken tackles against Shaq.

I just don't have confidence in the FO's drafting anymore so who knows what we'll end up with.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He's like the Christine Michael of cornerbacks.

He has potential, and will make a good play that makes you clap.
Then he seems to lose focus and gets lazy (accurate discription) and can be a liability at points.

Too inconsistent imo. I wish he had the fire DJ Reed had last year.
I'd rather let him walk, get a comp pick if possible, and try Amadi and Reed, with Blair in the slot.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Jerhawk":29vzgvee said:
He's like the Christine Michael of cornerbacks.

He has potential, and will make a good play that makes you clap.
Then he seems to lose focus and gets lazy (accurate discription) and can be a liability at points.

Too inconsistent imo. I wish he had the fire DJ Reed had last year.
I'd rather let him walk, get a comp pick if possible, and try Amadi and Reed, with Blair in the slot.
I agree. Couple years ago he was a very solid NFL CB, but he plateaued and never became that shut down corner it appeared he was capable of. If anything, he's regressed.

I think he would be an excellent #2, but not someone I feel confident to cover other teams #1 receivers in isolation. Problem is, we don't have a true #1 corner on the team, and they don't come cheap unless you're lucky enough to find one in the draft.

If they can bring him back on a team friendly contract I would be open to that. But if he's looking for top 10 CB money, not a chance. I'm sure someone is going to overpay for him though.

xray

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong but why franchise a player that can be replaced . He's not that gr8 . IMO

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If Shaq leaves, cornerback immediately becomes the premier hole on the roster. Need to pick up at least 2 of them this offseason. Good draft for it.

Sherm on a one or two year might be the ticket if the price is right to get him to return. It'll bring some fire to the defense, too.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1bc7dkqd said:
If Shaq leaves, cornerback immediately becomes the premier hole on the roster. Need to pick up at least 2 of them this offseason. Good draft for it.

Sherm on a one or two year might be the ticket if the price is right to get him to return. It'll bring some fire to the defense, too.
I agree. We need a legitimate starter and a backup for depth, unless they're willing to go into next season with Reed and Amadi as the starters, but I don't see that.

Is Dunbar out of the picture? I thought I read something a while back that PC didn't feel like he was a fit for what they were trying to do scheme wise.

I've seen all I need to see from Flowers and I don't think he returns.

I would be open to Sherm returning if the wounds have been healed between him, Russ, and the coaching staff. If there's still some bad blood or open wounds, I think it would be a mistake.

Having Sherm, Adams, Diggs, and Reed together in the secondary would be electric. I know we wouldn't be getting the LOB Sherm, but he's still better than most, and as an added bonus, I think he would be great coaching up the young guys.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hey remember when Walter Jones was franchised like three years in a row? That was some crazy.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
BEASTM0DE":1ikx2pp9 said:
Was Never Big on Shaq. He definitely looked great compared to Tre Flowers and I pray to god we never see Flowers again but Shaq looked checked out at times and in my opinion never great at tackling. A lot of broken tackles against Shaq.

I just don't have confidence in the FO's drafting anymore so who knows what we'll end up with.

My thoughts exactly, on every point.. Shaq is the Austin Jackson of NFL CBs. You don't overpay for that.

godawg

Reaction score
I've been holding out hope that Sherm will return.