Russ Omitted from Letter to Season Ticket Holders

James in PA

Reaction score
Someone mentioned this in another thread. I think it’s a very big deal. They mentioned other players such as DK in the letter, but they don’t mention their most marquee player? This is the Seahawks covering their asses so a disgruntled season ticket holder can’t sue: “you led me to believe that Wilson was going to be the QB this year!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
James in PA":2sjapekx said:
Someone mentioned this in another thread. I think it’s a very big deal. They mentioned other players such as DK in the letter, but they don’t mention their most marquee player? This is the Seahawks covering their asses so a disgruntled season ticket holder can’t sue: “you led me to believe that Wilson was going to be the QB this year!”

Cowboys did not mention Dak in theres, and yet he just signed. This means very little at this point

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
The people who work for the Seahawk Franchise Front office etc... cannot allow RW to damage the Seahawk Franchise like Watson did to Houston. If Seattle cannot attract talent in trades & Free Agency those people will suffer pay cuts & possibly Layoffs! They 100% believe in Pete & John, their pay checks make them believers.

John63

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":22x6i3p7 said:
The people who work for the Seahawk Franchise Front office etc... cannot allow RW to damage the Seahawk Franchise like Watson did to Houston. If Seattle cannot attract talent in trades & Free Agency those people will suffer pay cuts & possibly Layoffs! They 100% believe in Pete & John, their pay checks make them believers.

Ahh and you know all the people believe in Pete and john how? Just because they work there and get paid does not mean they believe in what those 2 are doing. After all they are getting paid if they believe or not. For all you know they back Wilson but can't say so without loosing their jobs. For all you know they don't believe in any of them but again don't want to loose their jobs. Reality you dont know.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
John63":3pq31pgx said:
FresnoHawk68":3pq31pgx said:

Ahh and you know all the people believe in Pete and john how? Just because they work there and get paid does not mean they believe in what those 2 are doing. After all they are getting paid if they believe or not. For all you know they back Wilson but can't say so without loosing their jobs. For all you know they don't believe in any of them but again don't want to loose their jobs. Reality you dont know.

Your mad because there’s more love than hate in Seattle! Choke on it!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
James in PA":6aj1eo7t said:

*raises hand enthusiastically* yes that was me!!

The whole thing is strange. It seems intentional. How do you not mention the name of your franchise QB in a letter sent to thousands of fans? The same player who leads your team in Jersey sales? The highest paid player on the team, designated team captain for 6 years, etc.

Very bizarre, but I doubt it was a whoopsie

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Mike Florio mentioned Wilson was not included on this letter because of possible future ammunition for litigation amongst angry season ticket holders stating that they were misled that Wilson would be on the team.

And with all this currently in place as far as possible trading of Wilson and Seattle taking calls etc, they did not want to risk anything as far as “misleading” ticket holders.

Or, the Seahawks are just petty and this was their politically correct way making it known Wilson pissed them off.

To each their own.

It’s pretty funny to me, though.

Let’s see how Wilson responds/does not respond.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'd like to know who writes and approves these letters. If these letters are handled by a department of the organization that doesn't have access to inside information from the front office, and they simply can only go by the information available to the public, then it would make sense why they'd leave Wilson out of the letter.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3qbvm6h7 said:
James in PA":3qbvm6h7 said:

*raises hand enthusiastically* yes that was me!!

The whole thing is strange. It seems intentional. How do you not mention the name of your franchise QB in a letter sent to thousands of fans? The same player who leads your team in Jersey sales? The highest paid player on the team, designated team captain for 6 years, etc.

Very bizarre, but I doubt it was a whoopsie
In no way shape or form was it an oversight by the Seahawks. Let's just get that out of the way right now. You don't just "forget" to include your most marketable player on the team.

I think it's exactly what the sports writer mentioned in his article. It's the Seahawks coving their asses in the event Russ is traded this year. Doesn't mean a trade is imminent, but they don't want to open themselves up to a possible class-action lawsuit by the season ticket holders should a trade take place.

Makes perfect sense from a business standpoint.

chris98251

Reaction score
Need a price tracker thread for Wilsons and Wagners Jerseys, you will know trust me :)

SwissCheese77

Reaction score
So my question would be, has Russ been included in every one of these over the past 8 seasons? Is this actually that out of the ordinary?

I'm curious if any season ticket holders here hang on to their letters and could reference old ones.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Who cares. This move seems pretty passive aggressive and is feels like they're anxiously awaiting a response on it. Both sides (Russ and his people and the Seahawks) are being petty and childish.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Tusc2000":3ri2tcls said:
Not a big deal perhaps, in the grand scheme of things. But it's getting very petty in the FO...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/russell-wi ... 47190.html
Wilson has to approve his name on that list. So he prob told them no. He doesn’t want to be in Seattle. His wife and camp have been telling us for years Seattle is hurting his chances of making money after football. Seattle isn’t even a top 10 team for coverage.

balakoth

Reaction score
Dak Prescott was left out of a "hype video" not a letter to ticket holders.. but... we shall see.