Is / was Russ in Chicago today?

nwHawk

Reaction score
I saw a tweet (photo) earlier (3/9/21) with Russ and Ciara stating they were in Chicago. This is not meant to stir the pot, but can anyone confirm?

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Chicago fans would go nuts! If Russ went to Chicago they would hold a parade & give him the key to the city. The energy there would be amazing.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Evvh0tIXMAcEDV-.jpg

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
I know I am not the only one who opens up a news outlet expecting to see the trade news at the top of the page. I am preparing myself for the inevitable demise of my team.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Without a 3-way trade, I don't get how Russ goes to Chicago. They don't have a QB who even has starter potential, They own the 20th pick, and by that time, the top college QBs will have been taken. I know we got Russ in the 3rd round and Tom Brady went late in the draft, but they are the rare exceptions. If Chicago can work out a 3-way with the Jets or Texans then maybe. Otherwise, I just don't see it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Tusc2000":mrqkq1bi said:
Without a 3-way trade, I don't get how Russ goes to Chicago. They don't have a QB who even has starter potential, They own the 20th pick, and by that time, the top college QBs will have been taken. I know we got Russ in the 3rd round and Tom Brady went late in the draft, but they are the rare exceptions. If Chicago can work out a 3-way with the Jets or Texans then maybe. Otherwise, I just don't see it.

For the most part, I agree. However, top QBs can and sometimes do fall past 20th pick. Would you consider Aaron Rodgers a top QB? He was picked #24. How about Drew Brees? He was pick #32 in the 2nd round. You have just as much a chance for finding a diamond later than you do early. Hell, Rick Mirer was #2 NFL draft pick. Jarmacus Russell, Akili Smith, Andre Ware, Ryan Leaf, Dan McGwire, Joey Harrington, etc the list goes on of drafted players in the top 10 picked QBs on their respective drafts that were busts. I think talent evaluation plays a huge part in making the right choice of player.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2w1vgcqb said:
Tusc2000":2w1vgcqb said:

For the most part, I agree. However, top QBs can and sometimes do fall past 20th pick. Would you consider Aaron Rodgers a top QB? He was picked #24. How about Drew Brees? He was pick #32 in the 2nd round. .

Technically correct, but a bit misleading. Remember, both Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees ended being the 2nd QBs selected in each draft. Meaning most teams had other needs at the time. If GB or SD had an earlier pick, they might well have used them to select Rodgers and Brees.

For 2021, there are 4 QBs who are very likely to be selected before Chicago's 20th pick. After that, it's a wild card. And yes, good player evaluations can allow teams to draft a Russ or a Brady late -- but again, they are the unicorns.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2fta38fm said:
hawkfan68":2fta38fm said:
Tusc2000":2fta38fm said:

For the most part, I agree. However, top QBs can and sometimes do fall past 20th pick. Would you consider Aaron Rodgers a top QB? He was picked #24. How about Drew Brees? He was pick #32 in the 2nd round. .

Technically correct, but a bit misleading. Remember, both Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees ended being the 2nd QBs selected in each draft. Meaning most teams had other needs at the time. If GB or SD had an earlier pick, they might well have used them to select Rodgers and Brees.

For 2021, there are 4 QBs who are very likely to be selected before Chicago's 20th pick. After that, it's a wild card. And yes, good player evaluations can allow teams to draft a Russ or a Brady late -- but again, they are the unicorns.

And don’t forget that Brady wasn’t expected to be great. If not for Drew Bledsoe much he almost died’s injury, he might not have ever gotten the chance.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":28nhmk9b said:
nwHawk":28nhmk9b said:
This is not meant to stir the pot
Liar.

There are plenty of stir the pot threads already. I was just trying to confirm if he is/was in Chicago. If so, why? Is Russ trying to stir the pot? Or, how serious is a trade really getting?

James in PA

Reaction score
Remember how much the Bears gave us for Rick Mirer back in the day?? Imagine the haul we could get for Russ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elemas

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":n2pt039q said:
So now he can't travel in the offseason without speculation?!

To Chicago though?

This topic is also front page news on ESPN. Yah, I know. It’s the off-season....for football.

As for trades, assets, who has picks and who doesn’t...if this happens, expect to see a multi-team trade to make it happen. At least I hope...because if it isn’t, we lose out more than we already will by trading a HOF QB.

With the thought of who has what, who can give up what, what picks they have, what players.... anything can happen. Well, if RW approves of it.

The only team on his list that is NO longer in play is Dallas.

chris98251

Reaction score
James in PA":200fmab8 said:
Remember how much the Bears gave us for Rick Mirer back in the day?? Imagine the haul we could get for Russ.

I am sure they remember in Chicago also.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
chris98251":18retis4 said:
James in PA":18retis4 said:

I am sure they remember in Chicago also.

People often list Mirer as one of our worst draft picks. He had a better than average rookie year, then provided us with a draft pick that became Shawn Springs and still left us with our draft pick which we used to select Jones. Far from one of our worst picks.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Whomever Russ gets traded to doesn't have to be the source for the bridge/starting QB. I see a lot of posts that suggest that.

If Russ is traded, I'm certain there will be more deals.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1369014373855993859[/tweet]