ESPN: 4 Wilson Trade Scenarios

dutchcoug

Reaction score
ESPN has an article which has 4 different Russell Wilson trade scenarios which all involve the Hawks getting a QB back in return. You can read the article here https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...seahawks-consider-deal-get-quarterback-return

Offer No. 1

Seahawks get: QB Tua Tagovailoa, Nos. 18 and 81 overall picks in 2021, 2022 first-round pick

Dolphins get: QB Russell Wilson

Offer No. 2

Seahawks get: QB Marcus Mariota, TE Darren Waller, No. 17 overall pick in 2021, 2022 first-round pick (from Raiders); DE Chase Winovich, 2022 third-round pick (from Patriots)

Raiders get: QB Russell Wilson, 2022 sixth-round pick (from Seahawks)

Patriots get: QB Derek Carr (from Raiders)

Offer No. 3

Seahawks get: Edge Brian Burns, QB Teddy Bridgewater, No. 8 overall pick in 2021, 2022 first-round pick, 2023 first-round pick

Panthers get: QB Russell Wilson, 2023 second-round pick

Offer No. 4

Seahawks get: QB Sam Darnold (from Jets); edge Bradley Chubb, No. 9 overall pick in 2021, 2022 first-round pick (from Broncos)

Broncos get: QB Russell Wilson, 2022 third-round pick (from Seahawks); 2022 fourth-round pick (from Bears)

Jets get: WR Tim Patrick, 2023 fourth-round pick (from Broncos); 2023 third-round pick (conditional, from Seahawks)

Bears get: QB Drew Lock (from Broncos)

Of the 4 trades, which would you prefer? Personally, number 4 is tempting. You get Darnold (still think he can be a solid QB when not coached by Adam Gase), a stud pass rusher in Chubb and the 9th overall pick (as well another 1 in 2022).

cjamesg

Reaction score
First off, I HATE the idea of trading our franchise QB and future HOFer.

If you had to twist my arm, I would prefer trade #4 with #2 a very close 2nd. The idea of landing a QB in Donald with his type of skillset is very tempting. If the Seahawks made this trade, it would speak volumes about our coaching staff's confidence that they can coach him through his mistake-making tendencies. Adding in an elite talent like Chubb along with 2 first rounders puts this over the top.

chris98251

Reaction score
First off you need to look at location, Raiders, Saints, Bears oh my.

Thats it, nothing else as of now, three way deal involving other teams maybe, but scratch Donkeys, Fish, and Jets.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Think the seahawks will have to finish near last to draft a possible replacement. Oh well at least tickets will be cheap again.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Aros":3334tggh said:
All I know is this Danny O'Neal article today sums up my feelings about the overall absurdity of this trade noise quite nicely...

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1331246/ ... igure-out/
Aros, its not completely absurd.

If Carroll remains coach his system and philosophy doesn't require a $20M+ QB.

As a matter of fact, an expensive QB hinders his ability to run his system.

He wants to dictate the game and control the clock with the run game first, and since he cannot draft players well now, he'll need to pay for them. He can stand to dump a top paid QB salary and get a cheap QB game manager at the helms that also does not stir the pot and throws his teammates under the bus.

This article fails to address how Wilson does not systematically fit how Carroll wants to play his game.

If Carroll wants to stick with his scheme he needs to do himself a favor and get rid of Wilson, who is now opposed to Carroll's game planning.

Carroll is not going anywhere and he needs to pay for top end players now cause he cannot draft well, and with a low costing QB in order to make his system work.

chris98251

Reaction score
Why do we need 1st round choices to get a QB, Wilson was a 3rd, it is known that John and Pete do not place a value on players the same as the rest of the league.

In fact I would bet they avoid top 15 mostly like the plague, they would rather trade down below 20 or out of the first round. It has been stated they feel there is only like 7 players in a draft that are guys that really stand out, after that things are very close thru like the 3rd round.

Remember you are not drafting, they are, so think like they do, not Mel Kiper.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately you completely missed my point and Dan's point TLOB which is the scenarios outlined by that blowhard Florio make it utterly absurd. Yes, let's take Kaep or Foles or Winston and some low 1sts, etc...For Russell Wilson???

Some of the speculation going on right here at this website and across the country regarding possible trade scenarios is astronomically mind-boggling to me.

Unless FO wants to get ran out of town via flaming torches and pitch forks, the trade for Russell Wilson would have to be HISTORIC to make any kind of sense.

Nothing that involves sub-par names like Winston and Foles. :pukeface:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
nanomoz":bmmz9tbd said:
#3 and it's not close.

This. Bridgewater is the best QB offered in any of these deals, maybe Tua has more upside, and 3 first round picks including the #8, best pick offered. And throw in Brian Burns? I don't want Wilson gone but this deal had me intrigued.

Every other offer is ridiculous. Like, offer 2 should just leave out the Patriots and send Carr to Seattle instead of Mariota. And I still wouldn't take it.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
None of these will ever happen, unless the FO has truly lost its collective mind. Tua, Teddy, and Mariota are at best, career backups. They've all had their moments, but hey, so did Matt Flynn.

I'd say #4 is the best for us because Darnold has by far the biggest ceiling, but we'd need to hire an excellent QB coach to fix his flaws. But #4 won't happen (in its current form) because the Jets would never agree, it's a very bad deal for them.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Seems pretty simple to me.

#1 - Nope. Russ has a no trade clause and wouldn't waive it to go to Miami.
#2 - Nope. The QB we would be getting back is Marcus Mariota?
#3 - Nope. Russ has a no trade clause and wouldn't waive it to go to Carolina.
#4 - Nope. Russ has a no trade clause and wouldn't waive it to go to Denver.

rjdriver

Reaction score
With regards to the hypothetical OP..

No trade clause notwithstanding, put me in the #3 choice by an enormous margin.

Rat

Reaction score
No. 1 would be my dream scenario. I still think Tua is going to be a top 5-10 QB, and I like the idea of making a move on him when his value is lowish. Would be even better if we could twist the Phins arm enough to give us the #3 instead of one of those other pics, and then we could protect Tua with Sewell.

Russ would still have to waive his no-trade clause, but it usually doesn't take too much to convince someone to move to Miami, plus Flores is pretty well-respected. Not a great OL there either though.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Aros":3idm13de said:
Unfortunately you completely missed my point and Dan's point TLOB which is the scenarios outlined by that blowhard Florio make it utterly absurd. Yes, let's take Kaep or Foles or Winston and some low 1sts, etc...For Russell Wilson???

Some of the speculation going on right here at this website and across the country regarding possible trade scenarios is astronomically mind-boggling to me.

Unless FO wants to get ran out of town via flaming torches and pitch forks, the trade for Russell Wilson would have to be HISTORIC to make any kind of sense.

Nothing that involves sub-par names like Winston and Foles. :pukeface:
The problem is that at some point it is going to have to be done and it looks like that point is coming. If it isn't already here. If Wilson sits out or plays poorly as a disgruntled player or worse, is disgruntled and benched, it hurts his trade value. I'm not claiming to know here it is but at some point the trade value stops going up and starts going down. It won't go back up after that and that can lead to taking whatever you can get. When you get there, then crappy trades that involve crappy names are the only lifeline you have to get for a tremendous player that won't play for you.

vonstout

Reaction score
Russ hasn’t demanded a trade or threatened to sit out. He won’t either because it would tarnish his legacy. He’s very likely going to be back next year if they give him some of what he wants. If they don’t get a bigenough offer, that’s what they will have to do.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I would rather they lock Pete in a closet for the year or put him in a home. Then let us keep our HOF QB.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
vonstout":2yalefwl said:
Russ hasn’t demanded a trade or threatened to sit out. He won’t either because it would tarnish his legacy. He’s very likely going to be back next year if they give him some of what he wants. If they don’t get a bigenough offer, that’s what they will have to do.

That's what cracks me up about this whole ridiculous soap opera. Not ONCE have I heard Russell Wilson himself demand a trade or else. Screw what his stupid agent says in public. He is motivated to make noise. To stir up drama that he feels will eventually favor his client regardless of the methodology to get there. Sure, Russell wants better protection. He may want more say in certain hirings when he feels it may directly affect him as a player.

SO WHAT??

Rodgers or Brady asks for the same and it's a NON STORY. Russ does? AAAACK!! CLUTCH THE PEARLS!!!!

You are right. He won't demand a trade or sit out because you're damn right it tarnishes his legacy, his brand, his very identity that he has quite carefully crafted since coming into the league. We can argue his "camp" influences him on various levels but we are fooling ourselves if we think Russell Wilson will ever let anyone get in the way of the strategic effort he has placed on his character, his brand, his legacy...That includes his wife, his agent or anybody else.