Tony Pauline: Seahawks want to trade Wilson

massari

Reaction score
"Was told by someone close with the situation yesterday that the Seahawks want to trade Russell Wilson as much as Wilson wants out of Seattle"

"will be tough to trade this year because of Wilson's salary cap number"

"if they can't move him this year, it will be Wilson's final season in Seattle"
@33:00
[youtube]t1U0NTA4kFI[/youtube]

pinksheets

Reaction score
They're not going to wait and spend a full season with a disgruntled QB knowing he's gone after the year over a difference of $13m.

Bye Felicia.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Stirring the pot. Those who know, don't talk. Those who talk, don't know.

toffee

Reaction score
massari":3du9ajho said:
"Was told by someone close with the situation yesterday that the Seahawks want to trade Russell Wilson as much as Wilson wants out of Seattle"

"will be tough to trade this year because of Wilson's salary cap number"

"if they can't move him this year, it will be Wilson's final season in Seattle"
@33:00
[youtube]t1U0NTA4kFI[/youtube]
Just ask yourselves one simple question:. Would Russ's trade value be the same 12 months from now?

Bonus tip: what if he suffers a setback or injury.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It all comes back to a quote Fade made some time ago for me.

"Only the Seahawks would keep Mike McCarthy over Aaron Rodgers."

Thats unfolding right in front of us. It will be the biggest black eye in Seattle sports history. Years and years from now, fans and the sports world will be saying - "Remember when the Seahawks decided to keep their antiquated, dinosaur of a head coach instead of their HOF, franchise QB?". What a travesty.

pinksheets

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1tbioz7c said:

Thats unfolding right in front of us. It will be the biggest black eye in Seattle sports history. Years and years from now, fans and the sports world will be saying - "Remember when the Seahawks decided to keep their antiquated, dinosaur of a head coach instead of their HOF, franchise QB?". What a travesty.
It's totally possible it turns out this way, but Russ isn't Rodgers either.

Maybe PC/JS don't think Russ is as good as he thinks he is, which is why there's always been a leash on him. It's also possible that they're right. If Russ was told he can't check out of plays last year, Ok, but if he had that freedom and couldn't diagnose cover 2, maybe he really only can do the sandlot stuff at an elite level. And that stuff is fading for him.

I'd prefer they work it all out, but I also am open to the fact that either side could be right here.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Who the H is Tony Pauline? Just another guy that knows a guy?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
TreeRon":26w3g08o said:
Who the H is Tony Pauline? Just another guy that knows a guy?

Don’t call anybody “just another guy” unless you want PC to give then a contract.

John63

Reaction score
LOl another unnamed source code for made it up!!

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
pinksheets":qx2tbp89 said:
pittpnthrs":qx2tbp89 said:

It's totally possible it turns out this way, but Russ isn't Rodgers either.

Maybe PC/JS don't think Russ is as good as he thinks he is, which is why there's always been a leash on him. It's also possible that they're right. If Russ was told he can't check out of plays last year, Ok, but if he had that freedom and couldn't diagnose cover 2, maybe he really only can do the sandlot stuff at an elite level. And that stuff is fading for him.

I'd prefer they work it all out, but I also am open to the fact that either side could be right here.
I am of this mindset as well. I just don't buy that either side is going to 'win' at the end of this right now. I personally suspect that there is a very good chance both sides could end up looking worse at the end of this.

Honestly, I am far more open to the idea of ending the entire Pete/Russ era of the Seahawks than continuing on with just one or the other.

Russ doesn't want to be here (apparently) and I don't want to struggle through 2 or 3 seasons of Pete trying to keep what we can of that era together or if we go the other route (blow it all up because Russ is gone), why let Pete be the guy building the core of the roster when I don't think he's really going to be here the entirety of his contract anyway? Why not find HIS replacement now and let him build it?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":gz8ms0yh said:

Russ isn't Rodgers, Carroll isn't McCarthy, and that analogy is not applicable to the situation.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tusc2000":28qh8sqs said:

Except for those people who specifically have the job of talking when they know something.. you know, like the sports media. 8)

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3tdyp0qd said:
Tusc2000":3tdyp0qd said:

Except for those people who specifically have the job of talking when they know something.. you know, like the sports media. 8)

again unnamed source equals they dont know jack.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":1ssoy4b0 said:
Maelstrom787":1ssoy4b0 said:
Tusc2000":1ssoy4b0 said:

It'd be a good point if that were even remotely close to true, but it isn't. Pity.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":3ulpyt93 said:
Maelstrom787":3ulpyt93 said:
Tusc2000":3ulpyt93 said:

This is a naive viewpoint. There are countless news stories that started with unnamed sources and turned out to be true.

Dismissing this stuff out of hand on that basis is purely wishful thinking.

Greenhell

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3o1fm61y said:

Seattle shoots themselves in the foot. UGH!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pinksheets":1oysf5k1 said:
John63":1oysf5k1 said:
Maelstrom787":1oysf5k1 said:
Tusc2000":1oysf5k1 said:

This is a naive viewpoint. There are countless news stories that started with unnamed sources and turned out to be true.

Dismissing this stuff out of hand on that basis is purely wishful thinking.

Boggles my mind. Nearly every single story that breaks on the NFL is credited "per source" or "per source with knowledge of the situation."

Since when has an NFL reporter ever made it a common practice to out their sources? It makes less than zero sense.