What the heck!!!

hawks85

Reaction score
Alright, what the hell is going on here? I still don't know how and why this whole thing has gone into a tailspin. Why is Wilson even mad? Because of a TB O-line performance at the SB, and Brady not getting hit, is this the reason why Wilson is having a fit? I don't know. This whole thing could have been settled behind closed doors. Why did Wilson throw the entire O-line etc...under the bus and made a media spectacle out of this? Has Wilson even requested a trade? Sorry, I am just confused with all this.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Seahawks office manager changed from Coke to Pepsi and Russell is furious

John63

Reaction score
hawks85":2h192etq said:
Alright, what the hell is going on here? I still don't know how and why this whole thing has gone into a tailspin. Why is Wilson even mad? Because of a TB O-line performance at the SB, and Brady not getting hit, is this the reason why Wilson is having a fit, I don't know. This whole thing could have been settled behind closed doors. Why did Wilson throw the entire O-line etc...under the bus and made a media spectacle out of this. Has Wilson even requested a trade? Sorry, I am just confused with all this.

okay
1 he did not throw the oline under the bus
2. he tried to handle it behind closed doors and was dismissed
3. he has not asked for a trade and in fact said he wants to stay in Seattle

these are the facts we know everything else is either made up, from an unnamed source or conjecture

Mizak

Reaction score
John63":3fqdc3pf said:
hawks85":3fqdc3pf said:
Alright, what the hell is going on here? I still don't know how and why this whole thing has gone into a tailspin. Why is Wilson even mad? Because of a TB O-line performance at the SB, and Brady not getting hit, is this the reason why Wilson is having a fit, I don't know. This whole thing could have been settled behind closed doors. Why did Wilson throw the entire O-line etc...under the bus and made a media spectacle out of this. Has Wilson even requested a trade? Sorry, I am just confused with all this.

okay

these are the facts we know everything else is either made up, from an unnamed source or conjecture

If I was him, i would be really ticked off at #2, especially when he tried to put his own offensive input for the offense and Pete was like “meh, screw off.”

Throwdown

Reaction score
John63":8obnn5zb said:
hawks85":8obnn5zb said:

okay

Then what was the point of presenting a list?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Apparently this all started last season when Wilson gave his opinion on a game plan for Arizona and his concerns were not met . Pete and Wilson apparently do not see eye to eye on how to run the Offense going forward. Wilson was unhappy with the firing of Schotty he disagreed with Pete's vision and was fired. There are some real problems between Russ and Pete at this point .

I think it's safe to say Russ will not be playing in Seattle long term that ship has sailed. It's also safe to say Russ will likely not even finish out his contract here so that's where we are it sucks but that's the reality.

getnasty

Reaction score
If you don’t know ask John63 and he'll tell you what's what.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
John63":1qdiukgz said:
hawks85":1qdiukgz said:

okay

So we know for a fact he tried to handle it behind closed doors? Also the team got rid of all the Alpha dogs to help poor Russ feel better. Even M Rob said it. Years ago the LOB was saying it. And yes he did throw the online under the bus. He said it’s their fault he gets hit so much.

I think Russ will be hit the same no matter where he goes. Unless he gets rid of the ball in 1 second like Brady. But he can’t see the field like Brady can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":2x01btz9 said:

Finally someone gets what's going on here

Vetamur

Reaction score
Honestly, no one knows and we are all just reading between the lines..and its almost a litmus test of what people want to believe.

The "behind closed doors" example is maybe the prime one. It does seem to be true at some point Russ tried to give "input" and was turned down. Some people take that to mean he calmly presented great ideas and was brushed off rudely. We dont know anything about the meeting. We dont know if Russ presented reasonable ideas, or if he looked back at our game vs Buffalo and said "Lets purely throw the ball the whole game". We dont know. And we dont know if he was told "look, thats an idea..but thats too much too implement in the short week so we just cant do it" or if he was told "thats not your place Russ!" We dont know if he actually "stormed out" or said calmly "well, I guess Im not needed here and Id rather not say something I will regret so..Im out".

For those who are purely Wilson partisans , there is a lot of twisting of whats going on.. "he didnt throw the O line under the bus". Well..not by name. But, yes, he did. "He hasnt asked for a trade".. well, no. He wont. But we arent even at the point we can really pretend thats true. Hes had his camp saying basically, he wont ask for a trade but his future lies elsewhere. It means something when you give the list of names youll go to, to the media. Because thats the other part of this. Theres literally not one tiny bit of a reason any of this had to be given to the media. It doesnt help his position, it actually hurts it. Pete Carroll doesnt care what someone at 710am KIRO says or what the the Seattle Times says. Hes not a young coach fighting for his life and public opinion. Hes long shown he doesnt see his job as catering to the press when it doesnt suit him.

Im not 100% pro Carroll or Russ.. Im just saying.. theres a lot of intellectual dishonesty going around.

We dont know much. We know Russ is so frustrated he has his agents and his entourage talking and leaking and yapping. Way beyond he did when he tried to negotiate in public before. Beyond that, its all speculation.

If we really want to guess at the OPs question of why it had to come to this Id say:

Its quite likely that Carroll doesnt see Russ how Russ sees himself. And if we take that a step further, Russ sees himself as the same as Manning and Brady. Carroll perhaps seems him as really, really good but whose limitations mean he needs certain things done. I can see how the board mostly feels. I honestly dont know. I personally belief there are certain, subtle hints that say Russ is a top 5 QB when used right, but used wrong hes not elite hes "merely" very good. I also dare say that he might be starting to age.

Anyway..sorry..lost focus on what was meant to be a short point....

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Vetamur":3d3b7602 said:
Honestly, no one knows and we are all just reading between the lines..and its almost a litmus test of what people want to believe.

The "behind closed doors" example is maybe the prime one. It does seem to be true at some point Russ tried to give "input" and was turned down. Some people take that to mean he calmly presented great ideas and was brushed off rudely. We dont know anything about the meeting. We dont know if Russ presented reasonable ideas, or if he looked back at our game vs Buffalo and said "Lets purely throw the ball the whole game". We dont know. And we dont know if he was told "look, thats an idea..but thats too much too implement in the short week so we just cant do it" or if he was told "thats not your place Russ!" We dont know if he actually "stormed out" or said calmly "well, I guess Im not needed here and Id rather not say something I will regret so..Im out".

For those who are purely Wilson partisans , there is a lot of twisting of whats going on.. "he didnt throw the O line under the bus". Well..not by name. But, yes, he did. "He hasnt asked for a trade".. well, no. He wont. But we arent even at the point we can really pretend thats true. Hes had his camp saying basically, he wont ask for a trade but his future lies elsewhere. It means something when you give the list of names youll go to, to the media. Because thats the other part of this. Theres literally not one tiny bit of a reason any of this had to be given to the media. It doesnt help his position, it actually hurts it. Pete Carroll doesnt care what someone at 710am KIRO says or what the the Seattle Times says. Hes not a young coach fighting for his life and public opinion. Hes long shown he doesnt see his job as catering to the press when it doesnt suit him.

Im not 100% pro Carroll or Russ.. Im just saying.. theres a lot of intellectual dishonesty going around.

We dont know much. We know Russ is so frustrated he has his agents and his entourage talking and leaking and yapping. Way beyond he did when he tried to negotiate in public before. Beyond that, its all speculation.

If we really want to guess at the OPs question of why it had to come to this Id say:

Its quite likely that Carroll doesnt see Russ how Russ sees himself. And if we take that a step further, Russ sees himself as the same as Manning and Brady. Carroll perhaps seems him as really, really good but whose limitations mean he needs certain things done. I can see how the board mostly feels. I honestly dont know. I personally belief there are certain, subtle hints that say Russ is a top 5 QB when used right, but used wrong hes not elite hes "merely" very good. I also dare say that he might be starting to age.

Perfect summary of the situation! :2thumbs:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Vetamur":nzhhp9n7 said:
Honestly, no one knows and we are all just reading between the lines..and its almost a litmus test of what people want to believe...

This was a tremendously valuable post, with thought and nuance. It's true, we really don't know all the facts. Way too many comments or lack of comments get spun into new "facts" showing people just love speculating.

The whole truth will not ever be known, because honest, actual, living reality is far too complicated.

xray

Reaction score
Jerhawk":dgugn3au said:
mistaowen":dgugn3au said:

I heard they changed from coke to weed . :D

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Dunno - the whole thing seems like it's turning into Junior High School with money to me.

Psssssssstt..... what's the latest note from Russ say being passed around in the cafeteria????

scutterhawk

Reaction score
There have been signs of this coming for quite a long time now, it wasn't something that just cropped up just this last season.
Baldwin intervening, & putting his hand up to Tom Cable when Wilson was on the side-lines coaching up some suggestions to the O-Line on what he needed from them.
Obviously Pete understood that Wilson was frustrated with the lack of even a mediocre attempt at Pass Blocking by his Offensive Linemen, it's not like Pete completely ignored Wilson for his gripes, and in fact, it wasn't long after that, Cable & Bevell were both canned.
Enter Solari & Schottenheimer, the fundamentals of the O-Line start getting tweaked by Solari, but let's be honest, He is still working with some of Cable's shape shifters, or should I say Position Shifters.
Now, as an Offensive coordinator Schottenheimer's job is to try & fit all the misshapen pieces together, and formulate a plan that would please both Wilson & Carroll, now, I believe Carroll & Schotts had a falling out, and probably had a mutual agreement to part ways, it probably was the last straw for Wilson to hear that his input wasn't needed in finding a THIRD OC, so he decided that he could no longer just continue standing to the side while nothing was going to be done to upgrade the Offensive Line.
IF Wilson was going to voice his frustrations, he knew that he wasn't going to come through it unscathed, thus, he knew that his being shopped out to another team was a possibility, so why not have some say in where you might wind up playing.
Pet's several attempts to find a better fit at both Offensive Coach & Coordinator shows that he wasn't ignoring Wilson's needs, but lets face it, Pete is too Old School to completely abandon his once tried & true ideology.
Wilson is from a whole different Offensive philosophy.
Pete did agree to "Let Russ Cook" until the smoke arose, and passes started getting intercepted, so he reverted back to his old school ways.
This whole brew-haha doesn't expose a "bad guy", it just exposes a clash in philosophies.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yes there is an apparent difference in philosophies between Pete and Wilson, and who is to say who's is the most correct. Pete's has been proven to work over a number of seasons, and Wilson's flashed dramatically until defences figured out to play 2 deep safeties against it and to spy Wilson. The league has changed defensively and Pete's way could still work if the running game could be more varied and creative forcing at least one of the safeties to play up and in the box to deal with a running attack that is gouging the D for yardage, then Russell can cook if the D has to respect a quick passing track along with the deep hitters.

After the season ended the team has gone a long way to attempt to accommodate a joining of the two philosophies and now have a more creative younger OC. The OLine as ever still needs help on the interior @ LG and C and it will be interesting to see if the team can acquire talent at these two positions. They are critical to protecting Wilson in the division. The team has consistently attempted to accommodate Wilson, he was truly paid #1 money as important and has been given players he's requested to help him. A fair question can be asked if he provided the return on investment consistent with his pay.

At present it is hard to know if the public spat between Wilson's camp and the team can be resolved. Wilson's agent has indicated indirectly that Wilson would agree to a trade to several specific teams but has not actually said he wants a trade, though implying as much. Wilson is reported to have publicly stated he isn't being protected by his OLine has no faith that the team's coaching can ge the team back to a Super Bowl which is highly unfortunate and is hardly 'protecting his team'. seems more about protecting his legacy rather than winning.The next few days will tell a great deal as to what the future of this relationship will be but it is certain that Wilson's camp has poisoned the well to some degree and it could be the point of no return has been reached behind the scenes. When we watch Brady work his deals to assist the team perhaps we are not getting consistent championship performance from Wilson. I am not slamming Wilson as I think he is a true franchise QB, but he has issues like others do and needs to recognize that a significant % of the hits he takes are on him for holding onto the ball too long. Of course it could as well be scheme limitation as well.

Publicly the team's response is only they are disappointed that Wilson has gone public and if called they will at best just listen to offers which need to begin at 3-1st round picks, plus a player or players and perhaps other draft picks. The rumbles from various supposed 'insiders' indicate there is a fire here and not just smoke, time will tell and that time is soon.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
xray":3he886z4 said:
Jerhawk":3he886z4 said:
mistaowen":3he886z4 said:

I heard they changed from coke to weed . :D

There would not be sufficient hotel space in Seattle and Renton combined to handle all the Free Agents that would want to visit the VMAC.

:irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2t3e1bha said:
Yes there is an apparent difference in philosophies between Pete and Wilson, and who is to say who's is the most correct. Pete's has been proven to work over a number of seasons, and Wilson's flashed dramatically until defences figured out to play 2 deep safeties against it and to spy Wilson. The league has changed defensively and Pete's way could still work if the running game could be more varied and creative forcing at least one of the safeties to play up and in the box to deal with a running attack that is gouging the D for yardage, then Russell can cook if the D has to respect a quick passing track along with the deep hitters.

After the season ended the team has gone a long way to attempt to accommodate a joining of the two philosophies and now have a more creative younger OC. The OLine as ever still needs help on the interior @ LG and C and it will be interesting to see if the team can acquire talent at these two positions. They are critical to protecting Wilson in the division. The team has consistently attempted to accommodate Wilson, he was truly paid #1 money as important and has been given players he's requested to help him. A fair question can be asked if he provided the return on investment consistent with his pay.

At present it is hard to know if the public spat between Wilson's camp and the team can be resolved. Wilson's agent has indicated indirectly that Wilson would agree to a trade to several specific teams but has not actually said he wants a trade, though implying as much. Wilson is reported to have publicly stated he isn't being protected by his OLine has no faith that the team's coaching can ge the team back to a Super Bowl which is highly unfortunate and is hardly 'protecting his team'. seems more about protecting his legacy rather than winning.The next few days will tell a great deal as to what the future of this relationship will be but it is certain that Wilson's camp has poisoned the well to some degree and it could be the point of no return has been reached behind the scenes. When we watch Brady work his deals to assist the team perhaps we are not getting consistent championship performance from Wilson. I am not slamming Wilson as I think he is a true franchise QB, but he has issues like others do and needs to recognize that a significant % of the hits he takes are on him for holding onto the ball too long. Of course it could as well be scheme limitation as well.

Publicly the team's response is only they are disappointed that Wilson has gone public and if called they will at best just listen to offers which need to begin at 3-1st round picks, plus a player or players and perhaps other draft picks. The rumbles from various supposed 'insiders' indicate there is a fire here and not just smoke, time will tell and that time is soon.

Wilson needs to just stop throwing fits. Wilson needs to grow 3-4 inches. 80 percent of Wilson's sacks are on Wilson and no one else. He drops backs 30 steps runs around for 4-5 seconds hangs onto the ball for way to long, I mean what do you think is gonna happen. Wilson doesn't have the height to be a pocket QB he's to short. No O-line in the world will protect him any better. His height is a major issue for what Wilson thinks he can be. Wilson will never ever be Brady, and I think that's what Wilson is trying to be or compared to. TB still wins the SB if Wilson was QB, BUT Wilson would have been running around, and he would have been hit several times.

GrizzBEARS

Reaction score
Wilson is done with Seattle. I think you guys should just trade him to the Bears already and be done with it.

:lol: :lol:

Latest posts