If Carson & Hyde go away

xray

Reaction score
I predict that the pecking order of the RB's room will look this .

Collins
Penny
Dallas
Homer
IMO Penny will have to earn that position ahead of Dallas and Homer ; so this list could change .

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
xray":dh9naxxd said:

Collins
Penny
Dallas
Homer
IMO Penny will have to earn that position ahead of Dallas and Homer ; so this list could change .

I hope that Carroll doesn't try to justify picking Penny in the 1st round and hand him the 1 spot just because . Who knows with Carroll ?

SwissCheese77

Reaction score
If I had to bet, I'd say we re-up Scarbrough or sign a similar cheap rotational back to join the Penny/Collins timeshare. And then only one of Dallas or Homer makes the team as the pass-catcher.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
xray":23wecafs said:

Collins
Penny
Dallas
Homer
Dang, that’s a pretty thin on talent list.
Dust off your pads X-Ray, Pete may be calling you to play a little RB. ;)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
They will both go away.

Carson was a solid RB but he couldn't play a whole season as he got used up by the end of the year. I'm sure the team would like to keep him but he wants to get paid and that won't happen this offseason. Hyde was JAG and won't be kept as he'll want too much $ and truly wasn't that special.

The running game will look different this coming season. Expect the running game to feature more edge runs, swing routes, and quick complex plays, with Collin being the Carson clone for the normal ground and pound. All of this will protect Wilson by making the opponents respect the play action.

I expect that Penny will disappoint, Collins will be the 'ground and pound back, and the team may draft or find a #1 in FA.

Does anyone really think Pete won't embrace change to allow a more effective running game? If so you don't know this coach, he isn't as old fashioned as you think.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1ewmmgyi said:
They will both go away.

Carson was a solid RB but he couldn't play a whole season as he got used up by the end of the year. I'm sure the team would like to keep him but he wants to get paid and that won't happen this offseason. Hyde was JAG and won't be kept as he'll want too much $ and truly wasn't that special.

The running game will look different this coming season. Expect the running game to feature more edge runs, swing routes, and quick complex plays, with Collin being the Carson clone for the normal ground and pound. All of this will protect Wilson by making the opponents respect the play action.

I expect that Penny will disappoint, Collins will be the 'ground and pound back, and the team may draft or find a #1 in FA.

Does anyone really think Pete won't embrace change to allow a more effective running game? If so you don't know this coach, he isn't s old fashioned as you think.

Ten plus years as a NFL coach, long time College coach as well, same offense, nope.................

IndyHawk

Reaction score
xray":32c7zvzd said:

Collins
Penny
Dallas
Homer
Ha Ha Penny is way better if healthy over those two..Those two together will not
make it..One might

Tusc2000

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2aw02s2r said:
xray":2aw02s2r said:

Collins
Penny
Dallas
Homer
Ha Ha Penny is way better if healthy over those two..Those two together will not
make it..One might

Except Penny is never fully healthy. CC is like most RBs, gets injured occasionally but he is the best RB we have. Bite the bullet, and sign him.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1371599809392603139[/tweet]

Chapow

Reaction score
xray":nv3sq7es said:

Collins
Penny
Dallas
Homer

You really don't think they'd pick up another RB? I'd think it's pretty certain that they would if we lose both Carson and Hyde.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Good, lets get back to the ground game that Pete Wants.. smh.

James in PA

Reaction score
Fitting that Hyde signs with Jacksonville since he is the definition of JAG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Carson was a great back outside of always being injured and not being able to stay in the game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Carson was a solid player for the team but he has shown he can’t play later in the season or gets hurt and loses his hard running ability when it’s the time of the season where he is needed to be depended upon. It’s unfortunate for him but his physical style of running is what gets him nicked up as he takes a lot of punishment the way he runs. He has value but it’s likely the team and he are a good way apart over salary expectations.

I suspect he will move on like Hyde.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
jammerhawk":31i40dox said:
Carson was a solid player for the team but he has shown he can’t play later in the season or gets hurt and loses his hard running ability when it’s the time of the season where he is needed to be depended upon. It’s unfortunate for him but his physical style of running is what gets him nicked up as he takes a lot of punishment the way he runs. He has value but it’s likely the team and he are a good way apart over salary expectations.

I suspect he will move on like Hyde.

His injury history might be the reason Seattle might be able to keep him. I have a feeling that Scarborough will be the feature back this coming season.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Some rumors that Patriots are looking at Carson if they don’t get Fornette.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1x5r6i52 said:
jammerhawk":1x5r6i52 said:
They will both go away.

Does anyone really think Pete won't embrace change to allow a more effective running game? If so you don't know this coach, he isn't s old fashioned as you think.

Ten plus years as a NFL coach, long time College coach as well, same offense, nope.................

PLUS

A fan base that is concerned about the O being predictable boring and ineffective in the playoffs, a QB that wants to have more input in the O and has little confidence that the offensive coaches can get the team to another Super Bowl, a need to better employ he remaining running backs who are better suited to running outside the tackles save one, a new young OC brought in to attempt end the predictability from a team that was effective against Pete's D, a new mandate and a chance to try a new version of his run first mentality that is less obvious and predictable and hopefully more effective.

I see a few reasons why the 'NOPE' response may be wrong.

I think Pete will change to meet new expectations, but there will be moments where he reverts to old school, nd it could then be effective.

We will see what happens, but constant negativity gets nothing but bad vibes .