David Carr: Hawks O coordinating staff not good enough

seabowl

Reaction score
Just saw on NFL Network Carr saying he thinks Wilson is leaving and that the Hawks offensive coordinating staff is just not good enough. Hawks don’t know what they have in Wilson.

Wow.

Many of us here feel the same but interesting coming from a pro.

chris98251

Reaction score
Frozenropers":3bnzjhuk said:
Well, David Carr is an expert on what m-e-d-i-o-c-r-e looks like.

:2thumbs:

He pretty much knows more about Sacks then any former or active QB though.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
chris98251":17bevgjv said:
Frozenropers":17bevgjv said:
Well, David Carr is an expert on what m-e-d-i-o-c-r-e looks like.

:2thumbs:

He pretty much knows more about Sacks then any former or active QB though.

This is a true statement. I concur, he is an expert on what a sack looks like up close and personal. : :lol:

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Think he was referring to Pete

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I call BS on David Carr's comment.

The Pete haters will of course spin this in whatever negative fashion they can as it supports their agenda.

xray

Reaction score
David Carr ? isn't that Derek Carr's failed QB older brother ? Phuk him

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I mean... he isn't wrong about our offensive coordinator. On the NFL Network I remember for years analyst have been befuddled by our offensive structure. We flat out refuse to run several types of routes, and we broadcast exactly what we do. We make no attempt at disguise. We line up and we're going to do what we're going to do. That is how it has been for years under Pete. In addition to this we run our offense like an old Air Croyell offense from the 70s and 80s. It's straight out of that era, and that is the way it has been under Bates, Bevell and Schottenheimer.

We've got a new face, but given past trends can we really say that the offense is going to change much? I can't say that it will. There are times where we deviate, but come November and December we always default back to this offensive scheme.

Whether or not we keep Wilson is going to hinge on Pete Carroll's level of self-control. He needs to let Waldron and Wilson do their thing and stay the hell out of their way.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2naojmw4 said:
I mean... he isn't wrong about our offensive coordinator. On the NFL Network I remember for years analyst have been befuddled by our offensive structure. We flat out refuse to run several types of routes, and we broadcast exactly what we do. We make no attempt at disguise. We line up and we're going to do what we're going to do. That is how it has been for years under Pete. In addition to this we run our offense like an old Air Croyell offense from the 70s and 80s. It's straight out of that era, and that is the way it has been under Bates, Bevell and Schottenheimer.

We've got a new face, but given past trends can we really say that the offense is going to change much? I can't say that it will. There are times where we deviate, but come November and December we always default back to this offensive scheme.

Whether or not we keep Wilson is going to hinge on Pete Carroll's level of self-control. He needs to let Waldron and Wilson do their thing and stay the hell out of their way.

This this and this

John63

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1r7clw7j said:

The Pete haters will of course spin this in whatever negative fashion they can as it supports their agenda.

Just like Wilson haters spin anything they can

John63

Reaction score
seabowl":1kcq4fyq said:
Spin Doctor":1kcq4fyq said:

This this and this

And this

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Carr is just seeing what most everybody else is seeing. Its pretty obvious. I dont think Waldrons going to make the slightest difference either. He is just another guy passing through Seattle like the others before him.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
John63":2j7eh0qz said:
jammerhawk":2j7eh0qz said:

Just like Wilson haters spin anything they can

This whole episode has revealed just how many Pete haters and Russ haters are out there. Maybe they just hate everything.

PNW

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2l8hcd01 said:

Imo Pete has no self control, I don’t have any faith we’ll change, I’m hoping we at least get a great OL together for #3 otherwise it’s gonna be a looong season.