Seahawks, Shaquill Griffin reportedly far apart on money

chris98251

Reaction score
This is go see if someone else will give you that deal and come back to us.

James in PA

Reaction score
Welcome to Negotiations 101.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mistaowen

Reaction score
Knew Shaq would be looking for a monster contract. Good for him I guess, really not any other starting CB's in this FA pool so might as well set yourself up for life if you can.

Going to be livid if Pete caves and gives him a huge deal. CB will be a need if he leaves but watching him jog every other play gets old.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Yeah. None of the fa corners deserve big contracts like they are asking for. What happened to players who produced statistically getting paid? Now every one gets paid because they are said corner and have done nothing. I like our players, but cb's command money. Not sure why. None of them play like sanders or springs, law or sehorn, darrell green etc. Those were good corners. Now its expected for average players to make crazy amounts of money. Ridiculous. He can go if he is anywhere over 10 a year for sure. I'm not sure they would pay 7 or 8 a year for his play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If he was a shutdown corner it would be a no-brainer.
He’s not even close to that. Nothing against the guy but not worth the money he seeks.
Someone will overpay though.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
My current prediction is that he's going to go to the Bengals for around between 11-13m APY.

getnasty

Reaction score
I wish they could keep him because i think he's above average and young but somebody is gonna pay. Shaq seems to get a lot of hate because he's not Richard Sherman in his prime but i think he a top 20 guy. Never seen him play with a pass rush either.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
getnasty":2ft441gz said:
I wish they could keep him because i think he's above average and young but somebody is gonna pay. Shaq seems to get a lot of hate because he's not Richard Sherman in his prime but i think he a top 20 guy. Never seen him play with a pass rush either.

I can get with you on this but Sherman and him are two totally different players. Sherman shut sides down and produced statistically. Griffin has had some nice plays, but I wont forget the last passing td drive against the rams. Cant remember if it was woods or Reynolds, but griffin let him go across the field before he realized his guy got away.

I'd like them to use money on Sherman. Not for nostalgia, but to come in and breakdown flowers and reed so they can be better going forward. Sherm wouldn't have to coach, but come in and play like he always has. He could lead by example. I think we would be in decent shape with sherman, flowers, reed, amadi, blair as corners. Amadi or blair subbing as safety's as well.

getnasty

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":39gzolqw said:
getnasty":39gzolqw said:

I can get with you on this but Sherman and him are two totally different players. Sherman shut sides down and produced statistically. Griffin has had some nice plays, but I wont forget the last passing td drive against the rams. Cant remember if it was woods or Reynolds, but griffin let him go across the field before he realized his guy got away.

I'd like them to use money on Sherman. Not for nostalgia, but to come in and breakdown flowers and reed so they can be better going forward. Sherm wouldn't have to coach, but come in and play like he always has. He could lead by example. I think we would be in decent shape with sherman, flowers, reed, amadi, blair as corners. Amadi or blair subbing as safety's as well.

Except Sherm is washed and old while Shaq is coming into his prime. I bet they get similar money but i'd much rather have Shaq them Sherm.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
getnasty":15oljofd said:
jamescasey1124":15oljofd said:
getnasty":15oljofd said:

Except Sherm is washed and old while Shaq is coming into his prime. I bet they get similar money but i'd much rather have Shaq them Sherm.

Washed hardly. He still covers and tackles better than shaq. Played like it last year.

Maulbert

Reaction score
getnasty":1ghjgg1n said:
jamescasey1124":1ghjgg1n said:
getnasty":1ghjgg1n said:

Shaq at his best couldn't hold Sherm's jock. Sherman is a future HoFer a little past his prime. Shaq is JAG.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Quill might make more outside of Seattle, but he wouldn't have the present living/working situation with Quem as he does with Seattle. He's said that's a high priority for him.

Sign Quem instead to a 1 yr vet minimum and offer Quill about 6.5-7M.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He's a good tackler and run defender not a great cover corner let him walk bring back Sherman. Saves money and upgrades the position .

getnasty

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":8jujppow said:
getnasty":8jujppow said:
jamescasey1124":8jujppow said:
getnasty":8jujppow said:

Washed hardly. He still covers and tackles better than shaq. Played like it last year.

In the 5 games he played he was mediocre at best. He's not at the point in his career where he gets better.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I have been through a bunch of rumor sites and here is the thing. There are NO rumors I can find of Griffin going to another team. Maybe I am not looking at the right places. So, if no team really wants Griffen we are only bidding against ourselves. Maybe the league does not think as highly of Griffen as some around here.