Happy Legal Tempering Day !

Chawker

Reaction score
Today teams can start negotiation with free agents on this years contracts even tho they can sign any contract until the 17th.

So here we go for 2021.

Cheers

Why did some SOB change the title of my post. I have rights to free speech, at least I thought I did. Whats this place turned into ??? I thought this was Merica !

Happy Legal Tempering Day Sounds so much better then the pig nazi who barfed all over my post.

Thanx a lot pal :242735:

James in PA

Reaction score
Hawks won’t do anything noteworthy. As usual, we’ll be bargain shoppers during the 2nd and 3rd wave of FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xray

Reaction score
PC and JS are far too clever to tamper . They have a secret system they are still working on . Maybe this year . :2thumbs:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Not expecting any free agent signings here until July. The 1 year sign a scrub type deal.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
As expected the Seahawks sat on their asses lowballing offers and getting no takers.

Guess what? NOT ALL day 1 contracts are budget busting top dollar deals. Plenty of good players in positions we need signed on reasonable contracts and we sit on the sideline. But, hey the almighty PC can coach anybody up to an all pro season performance so let’s wait around. The front office has the same clock management skills as PC does.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Cyrus12":lekjs6sw said:
Kc has cap nightmares and they improved their oline to protect their golden child.

Crazy how contenders can get things done isnt it?

zchurch74

Reaction score
Yes it’s the off season and we are like kids on Black Friday. Looking around the league making a list of players we want like kids and a Xmas list. But again it’s more like groundhogs day than Xmas. We see all these teams making moves. Releasing and signing players. As Seahawks fans we watch teams pluck some of our players away before we can even resign them. We don’t make any moves and we sit wondering what’s going to happen to all of our star players. As fans of an under achieving team we are always a player or two away from another Super Bowl run. But, how can we get there when we do nothing in FA and then blow our higher round pics on one or two year busts.

It’s been awhile since we have had a great draft or made big moves early in the FA market. A week will go by and our Oline needs will still be the same. Our QB situation will still be swirling in the rumor mill. Some people will say give Pete and John a chance but those same people will be bitching when we realize we lost out again on signing a few great players in FA. September will come and we will still have the same questions at the Oline and DLine and secondary. We will have a RB room full of back ups and guys with little to no experience.

I’m not saying us fans are smarter then Pete and John. I believe they are starting to out think themselves. Pete’s time has come and gone. I’m not a fan of Russ but I more against Pete and his decision making. I live and die for this team but damn it’s getting more stressful every year. I don’t care if we have a few losing seasons but let’s put a real plan together for the future and work to get there. This hodgepodge style of trying to build a super bowl team is not working.

getnasty

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":ej2lvct5 said:
Cyrus12":ej2lvct5 said:
Kc has cap nightmares and they improved their oline to protect their golden child.

They lost 3 starters and replaced 1 of them with an interior guy making 16 million a year.

Seattle could have done that if they cut Brown and Shell but don't know that they would have been better off.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Luke Joeckel, Eddie Lacy, Luke Willssson, Troymaine Pope, Thomas Rawls, Greg Olsen all still available...I'm sure they'll get their man on that 1 year deal.

Own The West

Reaction score
Breathe deep buddy! We were 12-4 last year, not 4-12.

If you worry about what everyone else is doing it will make you miserable. We always run our own race, and we always make it back to the playoffs. :2thumbs:

zchurch74

Reaction score
So just making the playoffs is acceptable? That all you ever want for this team?

chris98251

Reaction score
Own The West":17rxw4xm said:

If you worry about what everyone else is doing it will make you miserable. We always run our own race, and we always make it back to the playoffs. :2thumbs:

That was last year and most that team is now F.A. and we got our asses handed to us in the playoffs.

That's a trend in the wrong direction for a team that has won for the last decade.

You also have a new OC and the offense is going to be slow out of the gate as everyone learns it of it is truly new and not Pete ball with a different guy calling plays.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
getnasty":3ly159w4 said:
pittpnthrs":3ly159w4 said:
Cyrus12":3ly159w4 said:

They lost 3 starters and replaced 1 of them with an interior guy making 16 million a year.

Seattle could have done that if they cut Brown and Shell but don't know that they would have been better off.

shell and brown are both injury prone and shell is average at best lol, they would have been better off.

pete carroll does not care about improving the line, period. russell wilson deserves better than this.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
zchurch74":2hlw9cce said:
So just making the playoffs is acceptable? That all you ever want for this team?

thank you. seahawks fans have to start demanding more from pete carroll and his crew, russell wilson did lol and now hes about to be traded.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Own The West":1rbtize7 said:

So 1st and 2nd round playoff exits are good enough for you? Crazy how some fans are only content with that.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
Lot of teams kicking the can down the road. Seahawks aren't fond of doing that. So more of the " turn every stone over" this season. Next season the Seahawks have like 116 million in cap space. Think we see them active starting day 1 of free agency next year, course that doesn't make it easier for fans and players this season.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
The FO needs to be aggressive , There mystique has worn off they no longer enjoy the support from the fans that they use to . If things go poorly this year there going to take the heat for it and deservedly so.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
28 teams signed at least one player yesterday. Not us. And we are 3 starters down right? Carson, Griffen and Dunlap. Can’t manage to replace even one of them with a good day 1 signing. Inspiring. /s