Free agency: Day 2

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
28 teams made signings day one. Not all of them budget busting contracts. Will we sign someone today?

Looks like we are looking at Fournettte but so are others.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":hlz1vqvt said:
I'd really, really prefer he go somewhere else.
Me too, he isn't good. I'd prefer carson over him. Fournette misses more time than Carson and Carson is a better back.
I had a feeling we might pursue him though. A lot of people thought he was done until he decided he would actually go full bore in the playoffs.

Rat

Reaction score
Have the Patriots signed Carlos Dunlap yet? I'm just going to say they did so I can be first to report it.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
What is the chances we wait until AFTER all the good FAs are gone to restructure a contract or two and then sign a bunch of JAGs with the money?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Fournette is Eddie Lacy 2.0 but I dont think he is far off. He'd probably play harder for the Bucs so hopefully he goes there.

kf3339

Reaction score
He's made enough money in his career. Go back and try to win back to back SB's with the Bucs.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Jayhawk whatever they do won’t measure up to your lofty standards. Your voice of constant negativity is if nothing consistent. I wonder how you can bear your constant disappointment as repeatedly posted it must be crushing your soul. Is there nothing the team can do right?

The team doesn’t have a whole lot of cap room thanks to a $15.6 million cap decrease wrench thrown into the works. They thankfully have been somewhat sensible with their spending though they have made mistakes and this offseason will need to be careful

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1bmwqp27 said:
Jayhawk whatever they do won’t measure up to your lofty standards. Your voice of constant negativity is if nothing consistent. I wonder how you can bear your constant disappointment as repeatedly posted it must be crushing your soul. Is there nothing the team can do right?

The team doesn’t have a whole lot of cap room thanks to a $15.6 million cap decrease wrench thrown into the works. They thankfully have been somewhat sensible with their spending though they have made mistakes and this offseason will need to be careful

Give me some hope that the Seahawks won't follow the same pattern in free agency and the draft and field a better team next year? I'll be sitting on 405 for awhile so no rush.

knownone

Reaction score
Cyrus12":eynpnkdv said:
I wouldn't say Fournette is Eddie Lacy 2.0 but I dont think he is far off. He'd probably play harder for the Bucs so hopefully he goes there.
Fournette would be a steal on a short-term deal. He wants a payday, so a short-term deal incentivizes him to keep playing hard. I agree with your concern; although, I think Fournette is worth the risk because he's arguably one of the 3 most talented backs in the league when he wants to be.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1371866682612801536[/tweet]

Shaquill Griffin to the Jags, who are paying him very handsomely.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If nothing else Fournette gives the team a hard runner who is a known commodity.

Hard to know what the team's direction will be, but this one seems like a bit of potential bargain find.

knownone

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":pox1pdf5 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1371866682612801536[/tweet]

Shaquill Griffin to the Jags, who are paying him very handsomely.
This tweet is misleading, are the Jags taking D.J. Reed with Griffin?

Jokes aside. Good for Griffin. I would not pay him that much.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Rumors of Patriots looking at Carson if they don’t get Fornette.

Rat

Reaction score
Geez, Tyson Alualu to the Jags for 2 years 6 million. Ridiculous steal for them.

Latest posts