Report: Leonard Fournette weighing offer from Seahawks

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think he stays with the Bucs unless Seahawks offer a crazy amount.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Coulda had him on the cheap a year ago and passed. So now we're looking to up the ante?
I'll admit he played well for the Bucs last year...maybe we should do an offensive line comparison the see how that translates to how well he might do here.

chris98251

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2ffnxi7w said:
Coulda had him on the cheap a year ago and passed. So now we're looking to up the ante?
I'll admit he played well for the Bucs last year...maybe we should do an offensive line comparison the see how that translates to how well he might do here.

He was a JAG till the playoffs, didn't seem highly motivated and was complaining to Arians, Arians had to baby sit him and tell him to be patient his time would come, which it did come the playoffs. He also had issues seemingly in Jacksonville. Guys was elite in college since he was such a physically more dominant athlete, he has a Cam Newton complex though I think. When faced with adversity looks to hide in a towel and blame others.

knownone

Reaction score
chris98251":3r84n5fn said:
Appyhawk":3r84n5fn said:

He was a JAG till the playoffs, didn't seem highly motivated and was complaining to Arians, Arians had to baby sit him and tell him to be patient his time would come, which it did come the playoffs. He also had issues seemingly in Jacksonville. Guys was elite in college since he was such a physically more dominant athlete, he has a Cam Newton complex though I think. When faced with adversity looks to hide in a towel and blame others.
He had injury issues with the Jags, and he was a problem in the locker room because he didn't like losing. His issue in Tampa was that he wanted to start, and he felt he was better than Jones.

Personally, his situation reminds me a little bit of Marshawn's; he's an immensely talented RB whose had two productive seasons with an injury history and an attitude problem. If they can get him on a cheap prove it deal, I like it. At worst, he's a poor mans Derrick Henry with a similar injury history as Carson. At best, he's a top 3 RB that fits the Seahawks stylistically. How we fans feel about a potential deal seems to be entirely depend on the value of the deal.

John63

Reaction score
not sure why he would come here who is blocking for him? Of course on the other hand he will probably get 20+ carries a game since PC wants to run more.

flv

Reaction score
I'm not aware of Fournette being a problem in the locker room. The root of his problem in Jacksonville was GM Tom Coughlin. Jacksonville accounted for 25% of all NFLPA player grievances...and Fournette had several of them. Coughlin was fired. Fournette wasn't worth his 2019 salary to the Jaguars, which is why he was cut and cleared waivers. Multiple teams were interested in him at the salary level he accepted in Tampa Bay. He took a cheap 1 year prove-it deal with a contender. Now he's looking to get paid. Good player, but not a special player.

BASF

Reaction score
Pass. There was a lot of hate on this board for Alexander's more effort when it mattered, and Fournette is far worse than Alexander was. We can do much better than giving an aging RB veteran money by picking someone in the mid to late rounds in the draft.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":39ezt3bd said:
not sure why he would come here who is blocking for him? Of course on the other hand he will probably get 20+ carries a game since PC wants to run more.

Why wouldn't he? He can't supplant Ronald Jones in Tampa, and Seattle had a fairly good rushing attack last year. They just brought in guys who've been known to craft good rushing attacks, too.

I hope Fournette doesn't sign, because I don't think he's very good. If the money is equal, though, it'd likely be a good move for him.

James in PA

Reaction score
Injury issues and inconsistent? He’ll fit right in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knownone

Reaction score
flv":24rx5taq said:
I'm not aware of Fournette being a problem in the locker room. The root of his problem in Jacksonville was GM Tom Coughlin. Jacksonville accounted for 25% of all NFLPA player grievances...and Fournette had several of them. Coughlin was fired. Fournette wasn't worth his 2019 salary to the Jaguars, which is why he was cut and cleared waivers. Multiple teams were interested in him at the salary level he accepted in Tampa Bay. He took a cheap 1 year prove-it deal with a contender. Now he's looking to get paid. Good player, but not a special player.
I'm confused, how was a RB, who put up damn near 1700 yards on a team with a bad QB, not worth a $6M contract? There had to be locker room problems; otherwise, why cut him after he was 6th in all purpose yards?

KinesProf

Reaction score
If the money is the same I'd much prefer retaining Chris Carson.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
KinesProf":2gqnc57w said:

Can't imagine Fournette would get even half of Carson's APY, honestly

KinesProf

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3r79mglg said:
KinesProf":3r79mglg said:

Can't imagine Fournette would get even half of Carson's APY, honestly

You could be correct. I haven't even come across a whisper of speculation of what Carson's market is shaping up to be.

I feel like giving Carson significant money is a tough sell to an owner... "you want to pay him how much? And he is injured somewhat regularly? And they found him in the 7th round ? " " Go find me a younger, cheaper, healthier version in the draft".

Fade

Reaction score
RB's are a dime a dozen, spending decent to big money on them is dumb. Sign a vet from the McVay/Shanny tree on the cheap later in Free Agency, grab another later in the draft, and bring in a couple of UDRookieFAs to compete with Collins and Penny.

Any amount of good money not spent on D-Line or O-Line is a fail.

Forthewin

Reaction score
I don't see him bringing anything new or skills the Hawks don't already have. 3.8 average yards per rush last year would have put him in 6th place on the seahawks running back list. Its like why bring him in?

chris98251

Reaction score
Fade":eo58nlb4 said:
RB's are a dime a dozen, spending decent to big money on them is dumb. Sign a vet from the McVay/Shanny tree on the cheap later in Free Agency, grab another later in the draft, and bring in a couple of UDRookieFAs to compete with Collins and Penny.

If that were the case we would not be shopping, anyone can run behind a line where you get hit in the backfield and have to make yards after contact almost every play right?

Some peoples kids..............

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
chris98251":2cob4dm7 said:
Fade":2cob4dm7 said:

If that were the case we would not be shopping, anyone can run behind a line where you get hit in the backfield and have to make yards after contact almost every play right?

Some peoples kids..............

The line isn't that bad, and it certainly isn't that bad at run blocking.