Will KJ Wright resign?

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1371868146785783816[/tweet]
...................... I'd certainly welcome his return.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would definitely rather keep KJ over Shaq anyways.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":3pimo4pi said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1371868146785783816[/tweet]
...................... I'd certainly welcome his return.

Wow what insight, what knowledge of the Organization, would have never expected us to try and resign a starter here for the last 10 years.

They will do what they always do, offer and let him field other offers and then make a counter.

KJ would be considered a splash signing like Griffin for another team.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He's pretty much said he won't accept a hometown discount and feels he should be paid what he deserves (completely understandable, this is his last payday I'd assume). I love KJ and he was probably one of the only bright spots on the defense last year but there's so much $$$ and draft capital used on the LB group as is. Do we really want another year of no DL help which makes the LB job that much harder?

nwHawk

Reaction score
KJ should have a couple more years in the tank since he moved to strong side. I think the team resigns him and Bruce Irving is out of the picture.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Resigning KJ Wright is a losing move in the long run. We have a lot of resources tied up at LB, and he's old. He's lost a step. He compensated with technique and vet savvy combined with a new position. He was a force for us, but he's at that age where players fall off a cliff. He already is not as athletic as he once was, a single injury could end his career. I'd rather roll with somebody like Brooks.

Fade

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":32q76vem said:
Resigning KJ Wright is a losing move in the long run. We have a lot of resources tied up at LB, and he's old. He's lost a step. He compensated with technique and vet savvy combined with a new position. He was a force for us, but he's at that age where players fall off a cliff. He already is not as athletic as he once was, a single injury could end his career. I'd rather roll with somebody like Brooks.

The game isn't won in the trenches, better to load up at Safety and Linebacker. :D

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
misfit":16pawmzv said:
rather resign dunlap
Same. This team has a far greater need at DE than LB.

I'm not sure how much we fans can trust Dave Wyman's eye for LB play, but the way he talks about Cody Barton really makes me want to see more of him. If letting an aging KJ walk for a big payday means more Cody Barton, I'll take it. At some point, we need to see these kids in extended action.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Cody Barton will likely be nothing more than a st player or injury fill in. Hopefully Brooks is worthy of that 1st rd pick.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1ijjrwnb said:
Cody Barton will likely be nothing more than a st player or injury fill in. Hopefully Brooks is worthy of that 1st rd pick.

I don't know, i feel like Barton hasn't played enough to make assumptions yet. People here like to rip the kid apart because he hasn't made certain plays/missed tackles, but Bobby has been missing plays and tackles for the past couple years. I mean that happens to the best of them, even in their prime years.

I think Brooks will be a very good Seahawk for a very long time. That kid is a stud.