Saga over for now - Seahawks refuse to trade RW to CHI

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1371937841895272451[/tweet]

Giving this its own thread for visibility, and hopefully to dissuade future threads. Saga over for now, Seahawks refuse to trade RW per actual solid sources.

Onto other topics now. :irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":154e2ehu said:

Giving this its own thread for visibility, and hopefully to dissuade future trades. Saga over for now, Seahawks refuse to trade RW per actual solid sources.

Unless they are not and want Dalton in the trade.............................

You all know how John and Pete zag left then go right and confuse the experts.

After all Dalton is close to Darnold :)

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1fz9t6uv said:

Giving this its own thread for visibility, and hopefully to dissuade future trades. Saga over for now, Seahawks refuse to trade RW per actual solid sources.

Never thought is was real. I hope everyone realizes we go through this almost every year

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Very aggressive = called four times, no one answered so we signed Andy Dalton.

James in PA

Reaction score
The report says that the Hawks told Chicago they are not trading Wilson “at this time.”

Hmmmm. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misfit

Reaction score
about as agressive as seattle's efforts to fix this roster this off season

mistaowen

Reaction score
Spin zone - Bears wanted Dalton as QB1 all along and just used Wilson as leverage!

Red rocket!

knownone

Reaction score
Not sure if the saga is over. The Bears just didn't have the assets to come anywhere close to making a deal. If Mark Rodgers came out and said Russell would be willing to play for the Jets or Miami... well, that's another story entirely because those teams actually have the assets required.

Rat

Reaction score
I didn't want anything they had anyway. I hope Miami gets into the mix.

Fade

Reaction score
"For now" would be the best way to put it.

I am glad the Seahawks chose not to do this, but damn they need to get #3 some protection or it will get real messy here shortly.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson's gone next year guys unless we make a deep playoff run so were just kicking the can down the road. Maybe that will prove to be the right move maybe not . What i do know is Wilson has turned on the FO and it's causing a problem. We'll see how they do this year but right now they have gotten worse not better in a very tough division. Wilson should have left it at i need help on the O-line but the little man decided to throw out a trade scenario and basically throw the whole season up in the air.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Does anyone here think that Wilson's public spat with the team has or will hurt the team going forward in FA?

As long as this perceived dissatisfaction is public top-level FAs will be wary of coming to a team where there is no clear future at QB with RW potentially being gone anytime soon. It'd be nice to see some public indication from both sides they are together going forward instead being in a contract bound situation

The noise here came from Wilson and not the team and the team responded they were disappointed in Wilson for going public, Wilson while NOT saying he wanted to be traded indicated he's waive his no trade clause to go to the 4 teams LV, NO, Chicago, and Dallas. since then Wilson's camp is reportedly saying they have no confidence in the offensive coaching staff to guide the team to a SB. Seems like a difficult situation to make better w/o concessions from both sides.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2n5zyrgr said:
Does anyone here think that Wilson's public spat with the team has or will hurt the team going forward in FA?

As long as this perceived dissatisfaction is public top-level FAs will be wary of coming to a team where there is no clear future at QB with RW potentially being gone anytime soon. It'd be nice to see some public indication from both sides they are together going forward instead being in a contract bound situation

The noise here came from Wilson and not the team and the team responded they were disappointed in Wilson for going public, Wilson while NOT saying he wanted to be traded indicated he's waive his no trade clause to go to the 4 teams LV, NO, Chicago, and Dallas. since then Wilson's camp is reportedly saying they have no confidence in the offensive coaching staff to guide the team to a SB. Seems like a difficult situation to make better w/o concessions from both sides.

Yes until this is resolved good players aren't going to want to sign here particularly on offense. I've heard that from several sources and i tend to agree with it.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
That depends on what you regard as "over".

The immediate trade situation? Unless Wilson changes parameters, then yes, I'd say it's over.

Regarding team building and clubhouse cohesion? Nothing is over, nothing is forgotten.
Is Wilson happy? Is he all in? Is he going to be a leader in the clubhouse (preferred for a QB)? As we close out the second day of free agency I have not seen any action by the Seahawks that would make Wilson happier. Quite the opposite.

Call me crazy, but the happiness and satisfaction with my franchise QB matters to me.

It appears the Seahawks are essentially telling Wilson that he will fall in line. They are the boss. He is not. They will build the team as they, not he, decide.

I doubt that Chicago's offer was enticing so the Seahawks (rightly) did not bite. Chicago's management then opted to bring in Dalton and get fired. :p

pinksheets

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3fmd2qmz said:

Haven't you heard? The media made this all up for clicks.

The story of Russ storming out of a meeting midseason that would seem to come from his camp? Fiction.

His agent literally giving a list of approved trade destinations? A trick of the light.

All kidding aside, you're right and this remains a problem. They need to resolve this - if that's not a trade, it should be some sort of symbolic commitment to one another like a restructure + extension. Otherwise, it's going to be a messy year.

Fade

Reaction score
jammerhawk":t634nue5 said:

Correct. They have to add a year to Wilson's contract and recommit, or at the very least Pete & Wilson have to hold a presser saying as much. Or it is just going to pop up in the not too distant future again. Not through the woods yet, this is far from over.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1epc37la said:

Giving this its own thread for visibility, and hopefully to dissuade future threads. Saga over for now, Seahawks refuse to trade RW per actual solid sources.

Dammit all, t'was just getting to full blown nonsense, and then some yayhoos come along and pulls all the plugs out, now I gotta think about somethin' else to p*$$ & moan about....Oh well :p

12th Dimension

Reaction score
knownone":3nw8uwl7 said:
Not sure if the saga is over. The Bears just didn't have the assets to come anywhere close to making a deal. If Mark Rodgers came out and said Russell would be willing to play for the Jets or Miami... well, that's another story entirely because those teams actually have the assets required.

A true contract extension would nail it shut. It would be a win-win situation for both sides.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1rx4ps44 said:
We all have our opinions, that's still allowed right?
Depends on what side of Russ your on..John63 is ready to pounce :roll: